Dr. Gerald Dworkin DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

May 2nd, 2015
Bad office experience. Excellent doctor.
Pinched nerve in neck and had agonizing pain down arm and into hand. Was sent to him by orthopedic surgeon for an epidural. Office is in a poor neighborhood and though many people people have legitimate problems I'm sure a lot are just trying to get drugs. Your crammed in a room with not the finest people with the line out the door and down the hall. Front desk woman very abrupt and not nice. Probably because she's use to taking a lot of crap from people. After a 2 hour wait I saw the doctor. After getting what I felt was a short shift he gave me an injection in the neck and had me schedule for an epidural. The woman doing the scheduling was nice. Was very unhappy about the office experience, looked up these reviews and was very unsure about continuing my treatment but the next morning my pain was cut down by 2/3s and I no longer needed my pain meds. Got the epidural, was told to expect results in 3-4 days but woke up the next morning pain free, this after being in a great deal of pain for over 2 months. The office experience is not going to be nice. Expect an incredibly unpleasant and long wait. But the end results were ideal and that's really all that matters in the end.

February 26th, 2015
BUTCHER
He is the worse doctor that I have ever seen. I came a hair away from loosing my life because of this doctor,and I use the word doctor sparingly. He is a butcher and it is about the money with him. He does not care what he does to his patients,Someone MUST shut him down...

February 18th, 2015
Terrible. Don't go.
Most unprofessional doctor I have ever seen. Seems very sketchy. Quick to take our copay with little to no examination. Gave us two bogus perscriptions the pharmacy could not fill.

December 20th, 2014
Worst experience with a Doctor in my entire life
The office in Mercy Fitzgerald is the dirtiest office I've ever been in, so much so that we actually had to leave. The staff wears plain cloths (instead of scrubs) and are unprofessional looking and look unkept and disheveled. Dr. Dworkin is rude and abrupt and it seems like he get's people hooked on prescription drugs so they have to keep coming back and are at his mercy..and believe me, he KNOW'S it, too. He get's more people hooked on drugs than he does actually curing them and I personally feel he needs to be investigated by the Medical Association as I feel he has no morals or concerns for human beings. The lines are out in the halls with people addicted to drugs just waiting for their prescriptions and the workers have to walk by them and get harassed on the way into the office. He wanted to do surgery on my neck to "go in there and look around", and when I told him my mom died from anastesia he smiled and said "maybe she died of something else". Personally, he's the biggest piece of bleep I ever met in my life and wouldn't go back to him if he was the last Dr. on earth.

June 18th, 2014
Turned completely off
I was first turned off by the receptionist who after finishing her personal conversation, looked at me and said, "Name?" I was only there as a referral to get tested for surgery. After about an hour, I was taken to a room where I waited another 40 minutes. That's pretty typical with busy doctors. However, when he came to the room, he asked a few questions about my pain. I was brief thinking he already got my MRI results and referral. He didn't even know why I was there and was offering me medicine and creams. I asked about the test. He was surprised, and said he'd be back. He left for about 20 minutes as my results came in. He did however, thoroughly explain what to expect during the test and noted that the pain would be extreme. He's a very fast mover. Some other reviews describe him as pushy, which I can see. He must have millions of patients as I am researching just how many office locations there are or were. This doctor is not for me. I was extremely turned off by my experience. I am not searching for drugs but rather an end to pain. Overall, he's a nice guy and charismatic. He offered me food and beverages while I waited.

December 13th, 2013
Could care less about pateint concerns...
My attorney recently referred me to Dr. Dworkin, and I have met with him 3Xs thus far. The impressions he has left me with are not positive. For example, he has so many office and hospital locations, in 3 states, that he does not know where he is at any given point in time--not terribly comforting when you are relying on this physician to be in charge of your spinal care. Second, Dr. Dworkin has no interest in hearing what the patient has to say, whether the patient has questions about procedures, care, prognosis as well as level of pain or lack of pain relief. Third, my overall assessment is that Dr. Dworkin is a VOLUME physician and receives may referrals through attorneys. Thus, he does not care about his lack of a bedside manner, difficulties patients experience in scheduling appointments, wait time to be seen by the Dr. or other elements of care that are important to patients. In sum, Dr. Dworkin's business is lucrative, and he has no need to concern himself with patient needs outside of the basic elements of care. Due to his advanced age, it is doubtful that he will be motivated to gain insight into his poor presentation and lack of a bedside manner!

August 5th, 2013
Because of him I walk
I have arthritis at my knees. I have seen a specialist who did injections and the pain returned after two days. I saw a physical therapist with no results. After my first appointment with Dr. Dworkin I had significant improvements. He examined my knee and did an injection at a precise location. I would recommend him to anyone.

June 25th, 2013
Trustworthy
I trust this doctor with my life! I came in completely a mess and he helped put me back together! I trust him with my life because he really knows what he is doing! you need help then I say you should go to dr dworkin!

June 13th, 2013
great experience
Dr. Dworkin really helped me to get over a very bad accident that I have struggled with for many years. He offered me a few different options and I loved the results! The wait in the office took some time, but once I was in he made sure to take care of me right away. He likes to give each of his patients equal time so that can take awhile. He is a great doctor with a lot of experience and his staff is extremely friendly and hard working. Those women keep that business running, but if you do not have all your paperwork in it is hard for them to help you. One time I was not able to contact my insurance for a referral, but they helped me out and was able to get it for me! I have always enjoyed my visits to dr dworkin because his friendly upbeat personality is contagious and never fails to make me feel better! I highly recommend his service and to listen to the good reviews not just the bad. Everyone has their own opinion, but from all the people I have recommended go to him and from myself, Dr. Dworkin is a phenomenal doctor!

June 10th, 2013
amazing
Dr. Dworkin is a brilliant doctor! Its hard to trust every review you read on here for many people who come to Dr. Dworkin are only in search of drugs for their so called "pain". They blame him for their own stupidity. He is an amazing doctor who really knows what he is doing. He has spoken at hundreds of conferences and is a well known and respected doctor in his field. Every time I have gone he has treated me with a huge smile and a joke or two. He makes you feel very welcomed and at home in his offices. He is a hard working man so I understand why the wait can be awhile and he sometimes feels rushed because their are so many people he has to see. It must be hard to weed out those who are only their for drugs and those who need actual help. He helped to heal a pain I have had since I was 17 and I am in my 40's now. He gave me multiple options and the results were fabulous. Yes, every doctor has their ups and downs and I am sure not every person will love dr dworkin, but if you want a doctor who is on call 24/7 and will work his butt off to help you, then this is the right doctor for you. He is a family man and a good man and will do EVERYTHING in his power to help you. He remembers each one of his patients and I'm sure he has thousands. He is personable and will never fail to make you laugh. If you do not tell him you are afraid of needles or if you dont tell him you dont want drugs, then how will he know? Doctors can only know these things if YOU tell them! He listens and helps in every way possible. Please do not read these reviews and think only one way about him. He works too hard for that!

May 6th, 2013
Saved my life
In 2006 I herminated two of my disks. All the orthopedic surgeons wanted to cut me open. I was in bed unable to move for two months and then I was seen by Dr. Dworkin. Through his injections I was able to return back to work. I have not needed any injections for the past 4 years and have been pain free. Others who choose to have surgeries have been in constant pain, have not been able to work. I owe it to him that I am able to live a normal life without pain. Yes sometimes the wait in the office is long. However, he cares for each of his patients. I would rather wait for an hour then to have to get no results.

February 21st, 2013
ETERNALLY DAMAGED
Sadly my compromised health has led me to so many doctors (different issues) I have come to know the very best doctors..to the worst. In fact, I work at respected magnet award hospital. In my educated opinion, this cruel excuse for a doctor SHOULD HAVE HIS LICENSE TO PRACTICE REVOKED!!! DO NOT, REPEAT NOT if you value your health.