Dr. Gerald Exil MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Warwick, RI

January 10th, 2017
Great Doctor, friendly staff
Dr. Exil was not feeling well when we saw him recently, and he was still very cheerful and friendly and helpful. His office staff was short that day and the poor girl was doing everything by herself and still had a smile on her face. Highly recommend!!

December 1st, 2016
I had been referred to Dr. Exil by my pediatrician on an emergency basis. I called his office and explained what was going on and his office staff told me they would squeeze my daughter in that day and i may had to wait a while but that he would see her. Which i was greatful for. Upon arrival his office staff were friendly and helpful because i was nervous and couldn't find my insurance card and they said dont worry we'll take care of it later. Dr exil spent an hour with us and ordered the necessary testing and saw us in his office a week later for a follow up. I would highly recommend this office!

December 1st, 2016
I have been going to Dr Exil for years, he is a great doctor, very friendly, and he takes the time to answer questions. Yes i have waited a long time in his office but i understand it is because he is doing for other patients what he has done for me and my son. His office staff have gone the extra mile to help me with letters i needed to get my son an IEP in school and they are always nice and accomodating.

June 6th, 2016
We have had Dr. Exil for about 5 years now and we really like him and our son is comfortable with him. His staff look as if they don't want to be there. They are miserable and when I ask for a form or an appt. etc its as if I am asking for the world. They clearly do not want to be there. One of the staff smiled once in all of the years we have been going there. When you bring your child to a doctors office the staff should be pleasant and happy to help you.

April 12th, 2016
He must have the rudest, most dismissive staff I have ever seen in a doctor's office. It is incredible. They are absolutely miserable and act like they are doing you a huge favor. It's shocking that he hasn't gotten new staff especially with all of the complaints by patients. He is OK. Somewhat difficult to understand and his mood seems to be dependent on the day you see him.

May 25th, 2015
Great doctor with a horrible staff
We loved Dr. Exil... He really has gone out of his way so far. We feel very comfortable with him. I'd also recommend him to anyone. His staff on the other hand couldn't look more miserable and unfriendly . They don't make eye contact and make you feel like you're just in the way. I'm extremely puzzled why he would put up with that in his office.

January 8th, 2015
Dr Exile did not treat us very well, he was rude, difficult to understand. and didn't seem to care. His office staff was very nice, and even came in to let us know that he was running behind schedule. He did not even apologize for making us wait 1 1/2 hours.

December 17th, 2014
Dr Exil was knowledgeable and friendly and spent an appropriate amount of time with my son. I read the reviews ahead of time and have to agree that his staff is a bad refection on his office. They are rude, don't make eye contact when you check in and have no manners. This is not the type of person who want to be greeted by in a doctor's office.

August 15th, 2013
Misdiagnosed and Overmedicated
I was misdiagnosed and overmedicated by Dr.Exil. He told me I was faking symptoms for attention when he could not figure out what was wrong with me.

March 20th, 2013
Excellent doctor
Dr. Exil is an excellent doctor and I have had only good experiences with him. My older son has Tourette Syndrome, ADHD, and OCD. If anything, Dr. Exil is a very kind and understanding physician. He takes a very conservative approach to medicinal therapy only if it is needed (he does gather information from school staff and parental report as well as observation, which is the way to go about it) He is not a "pill pusher". He takes time to listen to me and has called me after hours to address my concerns. I have waited a little longer in his office however he does have patients that may come in distress and he is often oncall at Hasbro which is expected as he is a specialist. I don't mind that because he affords me and my child excellent care and attention. I would highly recommend.

September 30th, 2012
Genuine
My son has been through a tremendous amount of doctors who have not been able to help him.Dr Exil seemed to help him,very courteous,very sweet,willing to go the extra mile.Would recommend him to anyone

January 12th, 2011
Arrogant, rude, close-minded, extremely incompetent and unprofessional.
I came into this guy's office with baffling neurological symptoms that landed me in the ER the day before. He was immediately dismissive and didn't believe a word I said, and forced me to try to walk around his office even though it was incredibly painful for me. He treated me like some sort of idiotic attention-seeking subhuman, telling me the symptoms I was describing were "impossible". "There is no such thing as intermittent weakness." Um, ever hear of epilepsy, MS, or Lyme Disease? Give me a break! His diagnosis was that I was either crazy or faking for attention, and sent me on my merry way without ordering a single relevant test. Months later, after more damage was done, I was finally diagnosed with Lyme Disease by a competent doctor, who ordered a SPECT scan that confirmed widespread encephalopathy. Pretty hard to fake one of those, huh? Avoid Gerald Exil at all costs, this man is a BAD doctor!