Gerald M Farby MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 1st, 2014
Incompetant
My dad is in the hospital and is extreme pain...this doctor will NOT even prescribe anything to lessen the pain and make my dad more comfortable. I can not even believe that my dad chose this doctor as his primary care physician. This man also was incompetent when my mother was alive. He treated her from depression, was so quick to give her antidepressants and did not order an MRI. He totally misdiagnosed her condition and she consequently passed away with Brain Cancer. He is the worst doctor in the Chicagoland area and I pray that my dad inquires elsewhere for medical treatment.

August 13th, 2012
Ninni
I used to be a patient of Dr. Farby for many years before moving away, prior to him I was the patient of a doctor I was friends with, who moved out of state, so I had high expectations in a new practicioner. Dr. Farby was alway curteos, professional, compassionate, accurate and would do everything he had to do, including making me an inpatient in the hospital when it became necessary, I hope Dr. Farby continues his practice for another couple of years as he is a great doctor, I had some problems with the back then staff, but assuming they changed now, I can only recommend Dr. Farby, a wonderful doctor.

December 1st, 2011
Knowledgeable but too busy to give time needed
Dr Farby is a fair Dr. but could be a good Dr. if he'd spend more time with his patients and do a better job following up. I always feel rushed through and don't feel my annual check ups are very thorough (perhaps he is just too busy). My last check-up lasted maybe 5 min and was incomplete. He is accessible however and will do for prescriptions, basic check-ups, shots,etc. Some of office staff is good and some is not. Office has a lot and is easy to get to.

October 31st, 2011
he's a genuis

October 3rd, 2011
Didn't give a correct diagnosis, was in Skokie Hospital for over 4 days with NO Tests or see other specialists.DON'T EVER SEE THIS MAN

March 3rd, 2009
bad opinion about doctor
very disapointed with doctor....i am not feeling well and the doctor just didn't care about me...never at the office, never calls back