Incompetant show details Incompetant
Feb 1st, 2014

My dad is in the hospital and is extreme pain...this doctor will NOT even prescribe anything to lessen the pain and make my dad more comfortable. I can not even believe that my dad chose this doctor as his primary care physician. This man also was incompetent when my mother was alive. He treated her from depression, was so quick to give her antidepressants and did not order an MRI. He totally misdiagnosed her condition and she consequently passed away with Brain Cancer. He is the worst doctor in the Chicagoland area and I pray that my dad inquires elsewhere for medical treatment.

Ninni show details Ninni
Aug 13th, 2012

I used to be a patient of Dr. Farby for many years before moving away, prior to him I was the patient of a doctor I was friends with, who moved out of state, so I had high expectations in a new practicioner. Dr. Farby was alway curteos, professional, compassionate, accurate and would do everything he had to do, including making me an inpatient in the hospital when it became necessary, I hope Dr. Farby continues his practice for another couple of years as he is a great doctor, I had some problems with the back then staff, but assuming they changed now, I can only recommend Dr. Farby, a wonderful doctor.

refuses to follow the law other doctors orders from Skokie Hospital show details refuses to follow the law other doctors orders from Skokie Hospital
Jan 5th, 2012

Rita had a stroke on 11/18/11 Skokie Hospital emergency room said to see a neurologist and FARBY CANCELLED it her blood pressures was 190/96 but he still let her be realeased next morning out of the hospital. He ALSO waited 21 days before seeing Rita when she admitted to Alden from Skokie Hospital which is against the law it should take no longer than 72 hours.

Knowledgeable but too busy to give time needed show details Knowledgeable but too busy to give time needed
Dec 1st, 2011

Dr Farby is a fair Dr. but could be a good Dr. if he'd spend more time with his patients and do a better job following up. I always feel rushed through and don't feel my annual check ups are very thorough (perhaps he is just too busy). My last check-up lasted maybe 5 min and was incomplete. He is accessible however and will do for prescriptions, basic check-ups, shots,etc. Some of office staff is good and some is not. Office has a lot and is easy to get to.

Oct 31st, 2011

he's a genuis

Oct 3rd, 2011

Didn't give a correct diagnosis, was in Skokie Hospital for over 4 days with NO Tests or see other specialists.DON'T EVER SEE THIS MAN

bad opinion about doctor show details bad opinion about doctor
by Egle on Mar 3rd, 2009

very disapointed with doctor....i am not feeling well and the doctor just didn't care about me...never at the office, never calls back