inactive

Gerald Goltz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 25th, 2016
Waiting time is too long!
Office Staff are very nice, but waiting time is too long! I waited over an hour to see Dr.Goltz. This happened not only once

October 24th, 2016
Swamp goblin
Waiting period horrible

July 8th, 2016
Had heard many friends rave about this Dr. I found him to be very professional & friendly! (from receptionist to nurses to Doctors!) Took the extra time to inform me of everything they suspected may be wrong to what each test involved to an ultimate expert diagnoses! I would definitely recommend this wonderful Dr/Office!

May 11th, 2016
Not Happy
I do not want to relinquish my experience.. what I will say is that Dr. Goltz is a kind person but he looks at you like his porch light is on & nobody is home.. He talks in a circle.. He keeps repeating himself not making any sense.. He actually grabbed his Endocrinology Book off his shelf & he had to dictate my diagnosis from that & his Ipad that he looked up on-line.. I can go on-line & figure my diagnosis out also my insurance company could of paid me instead of him.. I heard a lot of people say they did not care for Dr. Goltz & he created several people further problems instead of correcting the right medical issue.. I feel the older Doctors might of been around a long time & you would think they would be better but really the older they get they lose knowledge & it is time for them to retire..I think I will start going to middle age Doctors from now on.

October 2nd, 2015
Limited options in Pittsburgh area
Not happy with provider, but have limited choices. Use Dr. Goltz for thyroid maintenance.

March 6th, 2015
Dr Goltz is okay. His receptionist is AWFUL

April 16th, 2014
For 1 appointment I waited 2 hours for a 2 minute visit from him! Wait times are always atrocious! Plus he waited till I was three months postpartum to recheck my thyroid levels in which my med dosage was way too high causing me to be hyperthyroid! Then he wanted me to recheck them in 4 months when it should be 8 weeks. Contacted my pcp and I'm switching doctors. I saw dr goltz at least every 6 weeks during my pregnancy and he never even bothered learning how to pronounce my name! Also 3 months postpartum after a c-section he advised me to watch my weight....as if I wasn't already trying. See someone else!!

February 24th, 2012
I wish I would of read these reviews before going to him!
Since I was just at Dr. Goltz's office yesterday, I can tell you, nothing has changed. He is still reading my test results instead of hearing what I am saying. I am trying to tell him how awful I feel, but because my vitamin D is great...my calcium is good, I guess I have no complaints. This doctor has no personality, and came across as indifferent in what I had to say. I left his office, went to my pcp. I have an appt. on Monday to have my pcp evaluate me and select another Dr. I hope one that really does like being a doctor and is interested in what his patients have to say!!!

October 31st, 2011
NOT TOO GOOD
Wait time is ridiculous, Dr. Goltz just looks at you kinda dumb founded and really doesn't listen. Staff is friendly, Karen Mayo, was good ; and now isn't with them any longer. Dr. Matthews was only there a short time too, why is everyone good leaving this office?

September 14th, 2011
Grateful to Doc!
When I first visited Dr. Goltz, I was very ill, and did see a np first. I was a little put off by him at first. As it turned out, my thyroid was really out of whack and I ended up nearly dying. However, this was not Dr. Goltz's fault. As it turned out, he is one of my favorite Doctors as I know he knows what he is doing. I had a nurse tell you that if she ran into him and asked about one of his patients, he could tell you about that patient, without looking at a chart. He and his office staff are tops in my book! Thank goodness, I only have to see him twice a year now!!!! Thank you, Dr.

October 6th, 2010
Patient interaction needs work
Dr. Goltz spent much of the time I have been in his office talking around me not to me, either to his assisting nurse or the residents in training that have sat in on my appoinments. I have left his office unclear on my path forward and not fully aware of what just happened multiple times. If I were not so deep in testing with him, I would switch to a more patient friendly doctor.

July 1st, 2009
Worth the Wait
The staff and nurses are very caring and nice and very helpful.The doctor was brief however the treatment was excellent. I was seeing another endocrinologist before but Dr. Goltz improved my health greatly.There was a long wait before being seen, but it was worth it.