Dr. Gerald Goltz Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2016

Waiting time is too long!

Office Staff are very nice, but waiting time is too long! I waited over an hour to see Dr.Goltz. This happened not only once

October 24th, 2016

Swamp goblin

Waiting period horrible

July 8th, 2016

Had heard many friends rave about this Dr. I found him to be very professional & friendly! (from receptionist to nurses to Doctors!) Took the extra time to inform me of everything they suspected may be wrong to what each test involved to an ultimate expert diagnoses! I would definitely recommend this wonderful Dr/Office!

May 11th, 2016

Not Happy

I do not want to relinquish my experience.. what I will say is that Dr. Goltz is a kind person but he looks at you like his porch light is on & nobody is home.. He talks in a circle.. He keeps repeating himself not making any sense.. He actually grabbed his Endocrinology Book off his shelf & he had to dictate my diagnosis from that & his Ipad that he looked up on-line.. I can go on-line & figure my diagnosis out also my insurance company could of paid me instead of him.. I heard a lot of people say they did not care for Dr. Goltz & he created several people further problems instead of correcting the right medical issue.. I feel the older Doctors might of been around a long time & you would think they would be better but really the older they get they lose knowledge & it is time for them to retire..I think I will start going to middle age Doctors from now on.

October 2nd, 2015

Limited options in Pittsburgh area

Not happy with provider, but have limited choices. Use Dr. Goltz for thyroid maintenance.

March 6th, 2015

Dr Goltz is okay. His receptionist is AWFUL

April 16th, 2014

For 1 appointment I waited 2 hours for a 2 minute visit from him! Wait times are always atrocious! Plus he waited till I was three months postpartum to recheck my thyroid levels in which my med dosage was way too high causing me to be hyperthyroid! Then he wanted me to recheck them in 4 months when it should be 8 weeks. Contacted my pcp and I'm switching doctors. I saw dr goltz at least every 6 weeks during my pregnancy and he never even bothered learning how to pronounce my name! Also 3 months postpartum after a c-section he advised me to watch my weight....as if I wasn't already trying. See someone else!!

February 24th, 2012

I wish I would of read these reviews before going to him!

Since I was just at Dr. Goltz's office yesterday, I can tell you, nothing has changed. He is still reading my test results instead of hearing what I am saying. I am trying to tell him how awful I feel, but because my vitamin D is great...my calcium is good, I guess I have no complaints. This doctor has no personality, and came across as indifferent in what I had to say. I left his office, went to my pcp. I have an appt. on Monday to have my pcp evaluate me and select another Dr. I hope one that really does like being a doctor and is interested in what his patients have to say!!!

Doctor's Response

As a solo practitioner in a busy medical practice for the past 18 years, Dr. Goltz focuses every appointment on the endocrine evaluation and treatment of each patient. Because of this focus, centered on reviewing lab results, pathology and radiology reports, and other correspondences from medical colleagues or practitioners, his eye contact at times is limited. However, he does care and documents many patient concerns and comments in their chart. He believes that the most important issue for his patients is the correct evaluation and treatment of their endocrine condition. Because he is a specialist and is not a primary care physician (PCP), he does not treat medical conditions outside his expertise. He is dedicated to his medical practice working 7 days a week - and is available by telephone 365 days a year for his patients.

SHOW

October 31st, 2011

NOT TOO GOOD

Wait time is ridiculous, Dr. Goltz just looks at you kinda dumb founded and really doesn't listen. Staff is friendly, Karen Mayo, was good ; and now isn't with them any longer. Dr. Matthews was only there a short time too, why is everyone good leaving this office?

Doctor's Response

Dr. Goltz and his staff attempts everyday to maintain a minimal wait time for patients in the waiting area. However, when follow-up appointments are made at the end of a patient's appointment, it is impossible to predict what new medical conditions may need to be evaluated at the next appointment or if a change or decline in a patient's medical condition will occur that may require more time than scheduled. Also, new patients that arrive to be evaluated may have to be admitted to the ER directly from his office. Therefore, the delay in a patient's appointment is because a patient(s) that arrived before you require more time. What our office assures each patient, is that they will receive the same time and treatment if their condition changes. Dr. Goltz never leaves the office to delay an appointment, unless he is called to the ER (one floor below his office) or the ICU for an emergency. Dr. Goltz's expresssions may reveal fatigue due to long hours, since he is on call 24 hours a day for patients and the hospitals. Due to employee confidentiality, we are unable to comment about previous employees. We are proud of our staff, who are extremely knowledgeable, experienced. The majority of our employees have been employed in our medical practice for at least 9 years or greater.

SHOW

September 14th, 2011

Grateful to Doc!

When I first visited Dr. Goltz, I was very ill, and did see a np first. I was a little put off by him at first. As it turned out, my thyroid was really out of whack and I ended up nearly dying. However, this was not Dr. Goltz's fault. As it turned out, he is one of my favorite Doctors as I know he knows what he is doing. I had a nurse tell you that if she ran into him and asked about one of his patients, he could tell you about that patient, without looking at a chart. He and his office staff are tops in my book! Thank goodness, I only have to see him twice a year now!!!! Thank you, Dr.

October 6th, 2010

Patient interaction needs work

Dr. Goltz spent much of the time I have been in his office talking around me not to me, either to his assisting nurse or the residents in training that have sat in on my appoinments. I have left his office unclear on my path forward and not fully aware of what just happened multiple times. If I were not so deep in testing with him, I would switch to a more patient friendly doctor.

July 1st, 2009

Worth the Wait

The staff and nurses are very caring and nice and very helpful.The doctor was brief however the treatment was excellent. I was seeing another endocrinologist before but Dr. Goltz improved my health greatly.There was a long wait before being seen, but it was worth it.