Internist, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
RN show details RN
by Cathy on Feb 1st, 2014

I accompanied my patient , an elderly frail gentleman to see Dr. Gordon. Office LPN obtained vital signs and a short review of current medications. Dr. Gordon entered the exam room, barely greeting my patient and his wife, sat down at the computer, entered a few things, NEVER laid a hand or stethoscope on the patient, did not listen to his heart or lungs, but this patient has cardiac and respiratory problems. When the Doctor was asked about the patient's skin lesions, he said they are skin cancer but aren't going to do anything about it. This was a total waste of the family's time and Medicare money. I do not erecommend this doctor to anyone in Aiken, SC

by J Davis on Oct 10th, 2013

He saved my life !

Confidnet Doctor show details Confidnet Doctor
by Helping son on Apr 8th, 2013

Have read many reviews, many negative, about Dr. Gordon. He is very confident and can border on arrogant. However, nurses, doctors, friends and our experience all indicate the confidence is well based. He has a dry sense of humor which he showed everytime we visited. He took time to answer our questions and told us everything he was reviewing and typing in his notes. He definitely likes to talk to the patient first and not the family member, but if basic courtesy is given, don't answer questions directed to the patient and wait until the exam is complete, he answers all of our questions and spends the necessary time with us. He does talk low but would repeat or speak louder for her to hear when asked. So far (1 week hosptitalizaiton, 3 office visits for 5 weeks of treatment), I would recommend him after he has treated my mother.

Mean, nasty, surly individual show details Mean, nasty, surly individual
Mar 15th, 2012

My wife had been to see Dr. Degnan who is an excellent doctor. On our way out I had to go to the bathroom but didn't know where it is. He told me where it was but then looked at me quite oddly. I came out of the bathroom and asked him if there was some kind of problem whereupon he asked me to leave so I fired off on him. I found this man to be extremely unpleasant churlish and wouldn't go to him for a hangnail.

Full of himself ! show details Full of himself !
Jul 13th, 2011

Condemn's other doctors in Aiken,SC. Does all the talking . PatientsComments of no concern to him. Have heard many people say he'sArrogant. He's God' gift to Aiken.

Dec 14th, 2010

Very thourgh. Provided excellent information.

Very non professional threaten to have me arrested because of his staffs error in appointment times. show details Very non professional threaten to have me arrested because of his staffs error in appointment times.
by They know my name on Sep 21st, 2008

He whispers and even when asked to speak up does not. Jumps to conclusions and does not seek out real reason for problem. He said that I needed my gallbladder removed when fat in my liver was the problem. I was trying to see his partner twice and was given a time that she was not in. The first time Mr Gordon saw me. Notice I do not call him Doctor because he does not behave like a doctor. The second time I was asking for my records after finding out again the Dr Degnan was not in (I have the appointment slip with the date and time computer printed by their billing person)he he told me to shut up and sit down. When I told him I was not a child I will stand if I want he threaten to have me arrested for trespassing. I did not feel like fighting it. I am pretty sure if he had call the police I would have won after showing the appointment slip. I would not recommend this man his has a better than thou attitude.