A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Hughes is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hughes
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Hughes Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Hughes, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.
Dr. Hughes has 3 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gerald Edward Hughes MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Gerald E. Hughes practice?
- Dr. Gerald Hughes has 1 office location.
Dr. Gerald Hughes practices Ophthalmology near San Jose, CA.
See San Jose Ophthalmologists.