A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Hughes is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Hughes, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.More Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes has 3 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hughes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 88 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 18 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 8 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance