A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Hughes is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hughes
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Hughes Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Hughes, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.
Dr. Hughes has 3 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gerald Edward Hughes MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Gerald E. Hughes practice?
- Dr. Gerald Hughes has 1 office location.
Dr. Gerald Hughes practices Ophthalmology near San Jose, CA.
See San Jose Ophthalmologists.