A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Leventhal:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Leventhal is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Leventhal, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Leventhal graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Leventhal has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Leventhal accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Healthfirst - 8 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gerald H. Leventhal practice?
Dr. Gerald Leventhal practices Internal Medicine near New York, NY.
See New York Internists.