Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Mother of Melissa Noel Gallaher  |  show details
by Carolyn Gallaher on Apr 7th, 2014

My opinion of Dr. McIntosh is dung. I would not take my dying animal to this doctor. To me he is very evil. I would stay as far away from this man as possible.

|  show details
by Robert on Mar 22nd, 2014

Dr. Mcintosh is rude and incredibly arrogant. He is frequently wrong, but never in doubt.

|  Maen and rude  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

I have had a better time with cranky teething child then I did with dr McIntosh. He was cold and rude and seem to treat me like I was stupid. I would and will not be seen by him again, not even on a ER basis. I will crawl out of the ER before I let that man touch or talk to me again. He may know is stuff but he has no right to be rude and treat people like a pice or SH$% on the bottom of his shoe.

|  Extremely impressed!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

I started seeing Dr McIntosh when my former neurologist decided after 12 years of treating me that medicare & medicaid didn't pay her enough to see me. I am very impressed with the time he has spent with me & his obvious concern & caring for me not only as a patient, but also as a person. His office staff - Victoria & Theresa has gone "above & beyond" to see that I have received the care I need. GREAT DOCTOR!!

|  Dr. McIntosh is AWESOME  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I have been seeking treatment for my son from Dr. McIntosh for the last 22 years. My son who had UNCONTROLLED seizures was just 5 years old when I met Dr. McIntosh on the second visit to the PVH ER. I had previously had my son seen in SEVERAL states by some of the TOP RATED Neurologists, and they were not able to diagnose or control the seizures. Dr. McIntosh has for the last 22 years been the ONLY neurologists who has effectively assisted me with controlling my son's seizures and my son has been seizure free for the last 18 years. I love Dr. McIntosh, my son loves him. I will and have driven over 1000 miles to bring my son back to this doctor while we lived elsewhere for a few years. In my opinion, Gerald McIntosh is the BEST. In 1995 I was in a car accident, after 6 months of dealing with doctors who could not make a diagnoses of my condition from the car accident, I called Dr. McIntosh's office and went into see him as a patient. He was able to tell me what he felt my diagnoses was, ran some tests which confirmed his hunch and told me what treatments were available. The day I went to see him, I had lost all ability to write, or use my left arm and hand. Today, 15 years later, I have full use and am pain free, medication free because of Dr. McIntosh. Again, in my opinion, he is the BEST TOP Neurologist I have ever met, and I have met many top names in the industry. I hope he never retires, or at least leaves a well detailed book for whoever will TRY to fill his shoes.

|  Wrong diagnosis  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

|  Good Dr  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

Dr Mc is a very caring Dr he would do whatever it takes to make your life better. I do agree with one of the rating about his Neruo phyc side kick this is someone you need to streer clear of.

|  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

Excellent doctor! Had my seizure type diagnosed and treatment plan in place on the first visit. Thanks for helping me get my life back.

|  I am Rating this MD for my deceased daughter  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

The above ratings are provided as a warning to anyone who is expecting competent diagnosis and care from Dr. McIntosh. His neglect undoubtedly caused the death of my daughter, who had been under his care for seizure control. He ordered an EEG which he never followed up on -- never even looked at, but which would have clearly shown that the severity of her epilepsy warranted far, far higher dosages of seizure control medicine than what he prescribed for her. In the days leading up to my daughter's death, he was unable to be reached by her. After her passing, he never even called me or my wife to express his condolences. Steer clear of this quack!

|  Not able to control his Neuropsychologists  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2010

Gerold is old too old he forgot what we talked about in the last appt and never follows through with what he promisses. He hired a Kid psychologist that dose not know it from apple butter. We called him the little psychologist that thought he could... I think I can I think I can well he couldn't and just waited our money and time. save your money time and life just go to Craig hospital in denver