Dr. Gerald Payne Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gerald Payne Jr?

January 7th, 2014

Exceptional

My daughter was 51/2 mos pregnent and there was extreme issuses with her baby. Because of how kind and sensitive Dr. Payne is she was able to make the most horrendous decission of her life. Without Dr. Payne I don't think that she could have gotten through this ordeal. He and his staff have been there for her the entire time. Even after she was released from his care he, himself called to check on her condition (Physically and emotionally) I would like to thank him from the bottom of my heart and let the world know what kind of a doctor he is.

June 9th, 2012

DO NOT USE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to advise anyone considering seeing Dr. Payne to look elsewhere for a perinatologist. Honestly, i have never had a experience so bad with a doctor. I saw him while i was in the hospital in preterm labor. First of all, when i got to the hospital, my water was already broken. The nurse and my obgyn did two test to confirm my water was broken, and both were positive. Dr. Payne came in a did a sonogram and said my water was in fact, not broken. I was confused but listened to the original report that my water was broken. Two days later, Dr. Payne came and checked on me again. After two days of leaking fluid and even having a show of myconium, he still said my water was not broken. I told him that it didnt make since to me and said that the nurse saw myconium yesterday, and his reply is "I only see blood." Then i asked him about my amniotic fluid level, which was a concern for me, because my water was in fact, broken. I said "how is my amniotic fluid level?" and his reply was "low to normal." I said "what does that mean?" and he said in a condecending tone, "what does normal mean????" Not only did Dr. Payne give me inadequate, inaccurate care, but his bedside manner was insensitive and rude. If you need him in a emergency or high risk situation, i wouldnt trust him for a minute.

March 14th, 2011

Unprofessional office staff

I made an appointment to come for genetic counseling and to have a level 2 sonogram a month in advance. At the time I discussed with the office staff that because I am teacher spring break would work the best. They set up an appointment and emailed me the 11 pages of paperwork. I arrived at my appointment with paperwork in hand and was told that the office was closed for spring break. They claimed that they had tried contacting me for 2 weeks and stated that we must have thought that they were a bill collector (completely insulting). They never offered to make another appointment nor did they apologize. They claimed they had contacted my ob to get the right phone number however my ob has the right phone number and has NEVER had a problem contacting me. Very unprofessional office staff.

March 1st, 2016