Dr. Gerald Peters Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Bend, OR

May 25th, 2016
Outstanding, compassionate doctor.

April 7th, 2016
Dr Peters is an excellent doctor and valued friend.

March 8th, 2016
Blessed Patient
A very wonderful honest Doctor. Tells you straight forward what's going on. Courteous Professional with a bedside manner that's genuine and really at lies for words can't find the word to describe. I guess that is because there isn't just one. He is a rare breed of doctors one in a milion. Dr. Peters tops chart with a 10! I'm very lucky to be a patient of his and his team

August 29th, 2015
Great Dr. with great personality, wonderful staff.!

September 23rd, 2014
A really reliable dermatologist
Dr. Peters is a physician who can talk to clients, he explain what and why he is doing something, he can repair a skin cancer without having a visual scar and constantly keeps patient and family well informed and at ease. This is the first Dermatologist or Skin Cancer Specialist I felt I could trust. His Assistants and associates are equally open and helpful. I never found another dermatologist I could say this about. He is a really good Dr. and skilled surgeon! I highly recommend him.

December 12th, 2013
rebutting the December 4,2013 review
A subsequent reviewer labeled my description of services received in Dr. Peters' office as "false". I accurately described my experience--in no way were any of the allegations I leveled at Dr. Peters and his staff "false". When insurance is billed for a physician's visit, I believe that a patient has the right to be seen and treated by a physician, not a PA. In the nearly two years I have been a patient of Dr. Peters. only half of my appointments have been scheduled with him. Several of my surgical procedures have been performed by a PA, with less than pleasing results. When I have had follow-up exams with the PA, many more biopsies have been taken (all of which came back negative). When Dr. Peters has examined me himself, he has not identified any tissues for biopsy. I believe that this is because Dr. Peters is a more experienced diagnostician. Having the benefit of his superior experience has saved me hundreds of dollars in pathology lab work. When I have been examined by his PA, I always face a huge lab bill.

December 4th, 2013
I find the review about Dr. Peters false in so many ways. I have had more than one MOHS procedure and he does chip away at it slowly, not over zealous in any way. I felt well cared for and in perfect hands. The scar on my forehead was minimal compared to the area that was worked on. The staff is incredible and I was in the best hands I believe. Each cars is very personal to us going through it, so maybe you were just expecting something something else. Not at the fault of the physician.

June 29th, 2013
busy practice causes problems
I went to Dr. Peters for Mohs surgery to remove a squamous cell carcinoma on my nose about a year ago. I suspect that Dr. Peters was a bit over-zealous in his technique--he removed the growth in a single pass rather than "nibbling away" at the area (not the conservative, face-preserving procedure I was told to expect in my consultation. I was left with a quarter-sized wound in the middle of my nose.When I asked about the advisability of having a plastic surgeon do the graft/reconstruction necessary to repair the injury, I was told "we do these all the time" and "if Dr. Peters feels that he can't handle this, he'll call in a plastic surgeon". My mistake was in assuming that Dr. Peters would be doing the graft himself. Instead, the graft--a second surgical procedure--was done by his PA, Ann Reitan. The result was poor, and I am now working with a plastic surgeon to correct the problem. I feel that this assignment of surgical procedure to a PA is a poor practice. I can only assume that this policy (I was told "Ann does all of the grafts") is a means of expanding the volume of the practice without taking on another physician as a partner. The practice is very busy--I have been kept waiting as much as an hour for various appointments. The office staff is friendly but sometimes seem a little distracted. Unfortunately, when it comes to Move procedures, Dr. Peters seems to be the only game in town . . .

June 26th, 2013
Patient ease
Doctor Peters is very easy to talk with, takes time to listen and respond to patient concerns. He is very personable and quick with a smile and word of encouragement. His staff and he are all very professional in there attitude and make it seem you are their only patient, never a rush.