A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Salen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Salen is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Salen
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Salen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Salen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Salen graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Salen has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Umdnj University Hospital
- Cabrini Medical Center
- Haitian Creole
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gerald Salen MD is a male Internist, has 50 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Gerald Salen practice?
- Dr. Gerald Salen has 1 office location.
Dr. Gerald Salen practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Newark, NJ.
See Newark Internists and Newark Gastroenterologists.