Neurologist with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
Video profile

Dec 29th, 2015

My son has seen and continues to see Dr. Silverboard (13 years.) My son has cp,epilepsy,acid reflux,spasticity,and a feeding tube. Uses a wheelchair for mobility.I know my son is still with me because of his amazing team of doctors. Dr. Silverboard is outstanding to my son's individual medical care needs.

Jun 1st, 2015

excellant experience, great staff, the doctor is very caring and and takes his time to answer all your questions

very cold doctor show details very cold doctor
by Amy Doe on Jul 23rd, 2014

What a waste of money, charged almost $400 by this doctor even while having insurance. All he asked were a few silly questions,made all kind of strange facial expressions and dismissed us from his office.

so disappointed show details so disappointed
by jp on Jan 31st, 2014

I was so excited to find a dr that would see my daughter so quickly. But very disappointed that he has no compassion. My daughter was lying on the dr bed when he walked in. She was in a migraine epiosode. He actually looked at her and said "sit up and be a big girl!"First words he said to his new patient was that. Then he ordered 2 tests and said talk to us later. He asked several questions then anytime I tried to give important details he brushed me off. I know people have bad days so maybe this was a bad day. Ill try him for her follow up after MRI then will switch. I need someone who allows the patient and parent be apart of the care done. I felt like I was taking him away from something. I was the only patient in the office so who knows whats going on with this practice.

WORST NEUROLOGIST show details WORST NEUROLOGIST
May 2nd, 2013

My daughter has been suffering with seizures for some time. I called a few Neurologists in the city to schedule an appointment every office I called was booked up till August. I called Atlanta Family & Child Neurology and was told they have availability. I should of STOP and say to myself WHY? My daughter was scheduled the next day and before being seen I paid $353.63 up front and was only in the office as a new patient for 15mins. Dr. Silverboard came in look over the papers I gave him then told me he needs to schedule her for an EEG an MRI. He had NO BED SIDE MANNER and showed NO compassion for my child. “HE WAS THE WORST”. However on the other hand his staff was very kind but because of the care we received I will not recommend anyone to his practice. Got to the front checkout and there stood a lady that was questioning her billing employee about MONEY. How embarrassing and unprofessional is that! Come to find out she was the Doctors wife “Nancy”. I called and told my pediatrician about the visit and he reply was “I got that a lot from several patients”.

Amazing Doctor show details Amazing Doctor
Jul 5th, 2011

Dr. Silverboard was an amazing caregiver. He showed an enormous amount of respect for my family and made sure we were all well informed.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Sep 27th, 2010

Truth be told, I would not recommend this provider (Neurologist) to friends, family or colleagues. It's really scary that a neurologist would prescribe anti-seizure medication without definitely waiting for the preliminary EEG and MRI results to r/o seizures. In the meantime, no bother to contact the parents to discontinue administering the anti-seizure med to their prescious child. Fortunately, we never admininstered the medication because of a parental gut feeling. Shame on you and guys! Be careful. How can you sleep at night knowing this? I too am a Healthcare Provider. This experience has taught me to listen to my patients. Remember the Oath we took.

Great Doctor - Wonderful Person show details Great Doctor - Wonderful Person
Jan 26th, 2010

Terrific experience with Dr. Silverboard. Can't say enough good things. Accurate diagnosis - put my family at ease.

The Best show details The Best
Aug 20th, 2009

Must be the best neurologist in Atlanta.

No thanks show details No thanks
Aug 19th, 2009

After leaving numerous messages, email, and even faxing a request for someone to contact us for an appointment we finally gave up and went elsewhere. If his staff can't handle routine appointments what will happen if there is an urgent need to see him?

not so sure of him show details not so sure of him
Mar 22nd, 2009

after all this time of seeing him.... I am not so sure of what to make of him. I don't like how he is to quick and he doesn't give enough information when speaking. I hate to ask him more b/c he acts like I am bothering him. He has a cell phone and he will give you the number but you beter have a good reason to call for him b/c he will bite your heand off if you don't. He is not warm and fuzzy and we are seeking a 2nd opionion. He maybe great but his bedside manner and lack of personality makes me feel as though my childs care could be better.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Mar 8th, 2009

Dr. Silverboard did have an odd bedside manner, but he took excellent care of my daughter when other doctors were not diagnosing her accurately. He saw her quickly and he acted quickly and he was very thorough. I am thankful for his care and knowledge in treating my daughter. I keep his card on my board if ever anyone needs a referral or in case we should need him again.

worst ever show details worst ever
Jan 17th, 2009

Very poor communicator. Offers as little information as possible. If you try to ask questions. He acts as if you are wasting his time. Does not read charts carefully. Does not prepare for visits by looking a lab results. In fact he lied and claimed that the blodd work came back fine when in fact he DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE RESULTS!

missed in alabama show details missed in alabama
by angela on Sep 28th, 2008

Dr Silverboard is an excellent doctor. I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis in 1992 and he was my doctor until he left in 2003. My case was very difficult and it was times we just did not know what may happen. However, Dr. Silverboard always did his very best in making sure that I was getting the best and most current treatments. I must admit in the beginning I did not know how to take him but over time I realized that he was the best at what he did. So, Ga take care of him. I miss him most.