Dr. Gerald Silverboard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 29th, 2015
My son has seen and continues to see Dr. Silverboard (13 years.) My son has cp,epilepsy,acid reflux,spasticity,and a feeding tube. Uses a wheelchair for mobility.I know my son is still with me because of his amazing team of doctors. Dr. Silverboard is outstanding to my son's individual medical care needs.

June 1st, 2015
excellant experience, great staff, the doctor is very caring and and takes his time to answer all your questions

July 23rd, 2014
very cold doctor
What a waste of money, charged almost $400 by this doctor even while having insurance. All he asked were a few silly questions,made all kind of strange facial expressions and dismissed us from his office.

January 31st, 2014
so disappointed
I was so excited to find a dr that would see my daughter so quickly. But very disappointed that he has no compassion. My daughter was lying on the dr bed when he walked in. She was in a migraine epiosode. He actually looked at her and said "sit up and be a big girl!"First words he said to his new patient was that. Then he ordered 2 tests and said talk to us later. He asked several questions then anytime I tried to give important details he brushed me off. I know people have bad days so maybe this was a bad day. Ill try him for her follow up after MRI then will switch. I need someone who allows the patient and parent be apart of the care done. I felt like I was taking him away from something. I was the only patient in the office so who knows whats going on with this practice.

May 2nd, 2013
WORST NEUROLOGIST
My daughter has been suffering with seizures for some time. I called a few Neurologists in the city to schedule an appointment every office I called was booked up till August. I called Atlanta Family & Child Neurology and was told they have availability. I should of STOP and say to myself WHY? My daughter was scheduled the next day and before being seen I paid $353.63 up front and was only in the office as a new patient for 15mins. Dr. Silverboard came in look over the papers I gave him then told me he needs to schedule her for an EEG an MRI. He had NO BED SIDE MANNER and showed NO compassion for my child. “HE WAS THE WORST”. However on the other hand his staff was very kind but because of the care we received I will not recommend anyone to his practice. Got to the front checkout and there stood a lady that was questioning her billing employee about MONEY. How embarrassing and unprofessional is that! Come to find out she was the Doctors wife “Nancy”. I called and told my pediatrician about the visit and he reply was “I got that a lot from several patients”.

July 5th, 2011
Amazing Doctor
Dr. Silverboard was an amazing caregiver. He showed an enormous amount of respect for my family and made sure we were all well informed.

September 27th, 2010
Disappointed
Truth be told, I would not recommend this provider (Neurologist) to friends, family or colleagues. It's really scary that a neurologist would prescribe anti-seizure medication without definitely waiting for the preliminary EEG and MRI results to r/o seizures. In the meantime, no bother to contact the parents to discontinue administering the anti-seizure med to their prescious child. Fortunately, we never admininstered the medication because of a parental gut feeling. Shame on you and guys! Be careful. How can you sleep at night knowing this? I too am a Healthcare Provider. This experience has taught me to listen to my patients. Remember the Oath we took.

January 26th, 2010
Great Doctor - Wonderful Person
Terrific experience with Dr. Silverboard. Can't say enough good things. Accurate diagnosis - put my family at ease.

August 20th, 2009
The Best
Must be the best neurologist in Atlanta.

August 19th, 2009
No thanks
After leaving numerous messages, email, and even faxing a request for someone to contact us for an appointment we finally gave up and went elsewhere. If his staff can't handle routine appointments what will happen if there is an urgent need to see him?

March 22nd, 2009
not so sure of him
after all this time of seeing him.... I am not so sure of what to make of him. I don't like how he is to quick and he doesn't give enough information when speaking. I hate to ask him more b/c he acts like I am bothering him. He has a cell phone and he will give you the number but you beter have a good reason to call for him b/c he will bite your heand off if you don't. He is not warm and fuzzy and we are seeking a 2nd opionion. He maybe great but his bedside manner and lack of personality makes me feel as though my childs care could be better.

March 8th, 2009
Great doctor
Dr. Silverboard did have an odd bedside manner, but he took excellent care of my daughter when other doctors were not diagnosing her accurately. He saw her quickly and he acted quickly and he was very thorough. I am thankful for his care and knowledge in treating my daughter. I keep his card on my board if ever anyone needs a referral or in case we should need him again.