Dr. Gerald Sparks MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

May 27th, 2016
Dr. Sparks is very knowledgeable, thorough and courteous. He listens, attentively, to all my health concerns. I feel very comfortable asking questions or discussing any and all health problems with him. He never makes me feel like my questions are silly or unimportant. He is my family's primary care physician and they are all very satisfied with him. He has been a God-send. I trust him implicitly. He really cares about his patients.

May 8th, 2015
Best Doctor I ever met and go to.
Great Doctor

December 15th, 2014
Thoughtful engaged physician

January 2nd, 2012
Dr. Sparks
Ochsner Clinic needs to hire more professional support staff. Receptionists are sadly deficient. One was reading a Twilight book and asked me to wait while she finished the page she was on.

July 16th, 2010
Thorough and professional
During my initial new patient visit, Dr. Sparks noticed something on my bloodwork which had been done recently at a nearby hospital. He explained what his concern was, and ordered some additional tests. When these tests confirmed his original suspicion, he explained the surgical options and referred me to a surgeon who eventually corrected the problem.Because he was so thorough, he picked up something that the hospital had missed originally. He took to the time to explain my surgical options, and why that surgery was necessary.I would recommend him without hesitation.

November 8th, 2009
Actually, my friend asked me why did I still see this doctor. She left a while ago. Her daughter was not pleased with him either. I just do not feel he either knows what he is doing or does not care about his patients. He does not explore further problems always referring to cost. My neighbor suggested they just wish you go home and die if you have underlying problems. If you are a healthy patient, you experience is wonderful. That was my experience before I was diagnosed with the medical disease. It cost him too much to his quick time to creafully and acurately address the issues.