A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Witherell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Witherell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Witherell, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Witherell graduated from Michigan State University , East Lansing. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Witherell has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Health Partners- General Campus
- St Mary's Mercy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Witherell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gerald S. Witherell practice?
Dr. Gerald Witherell practices Family Medicine and General Practice near Grand Rapids, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Byron Center, MI and Caledonia, MI.
See Grand Rapids Family Physicians and Grand Rapids General Practitioners.