Emergency Physicians

Best Practices of Pennsylvania PC
700 High St
Williamsport, PA 17701
570-321-2185
Locations and availability (4)

1.0

|  show details
Apr 13th, 2010

Today I received notice from my doctor that potassium was dangerously low, after a blood test I had yesterday, and I needed to immediately go to the emergency room for IV potassium. After going to the ER I waited nearly an hour before being scene by the doctor. Dr. Xavier then came to see for about a minute which she spent most of the time yelling at me about how she needs to to do her job as an ER doctor. She did not care to listen to me or answer any of questions, she made me feel like I was a inconvenience to her. My doctor's office had sent information over as to what they wanted done concerning the potassium issue, however the doctor and nurses at the ER made me feel like it was my fault my potassium was low and I made it that way. They paid no attention to my back history and even had the information mix up as to how much potassium I had already been taking through a prescription supplement- which I had to correct at several different times. I was given minimal and unclear discharge instructions, again, with the uncaring tone from both the doctor and nurse. The best thing that happened to me today was leaving the Williamsport Hospital Emergency Room. I would certainly not recommend that anyone go to the Susquehanna Health System Emergency Room based on patient care- which I believe to be the most important aspect of health care.