Surgeons
101 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Ste 200
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-558-1001
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Mr.  |  show details
by T. Hunter, Sr. on May 13th, 2014

On March 19th 2014 I had the best surgical experience, hopefully the last, ever imagined! My left arm had become partially immobilized and I was experiencing pain in my arm that had topped the worst ever felt. After a very supportive visit to Dr. Foti a diagnosis, treatment options and timeline were discussed. Due to my work schedule and available sick time (not an "on duty" injury) Dr. Foti explained in A-Z details the BEST treatment for my Herniated Disc which was causing the extreme pain and lack of movement in my arm. Within this 2-3 week period I started in the ER at Bryn Mawr Hospital where the treatment for the pain was managed very professionally and promptly. The initial meeting with Dr. Foti immediately made me feel relaxed and confident that my needs were in great hands! During the constant communications with Dr. Foti and his assistant Tracy (I felt like I was their only patient) a date was made for my CERVICAL DISC REPLACEMENT SURGERY. After surgery my contact with Dr. Foti continues. I've returned to full duty after LESS THAN A MONTH after surgery and can honestly say I’m feeling better than I have in the last 20 plus years! Thank you Dr. Foti and his fantastic assistant Tracy!

|  Surgical Michaelangelo  |  show details
by Carol V on Feb 28th, 2014

I selected Dr. Foti to do a three level fusion and laminectomy on my back, after meeting with 2 dozen surgeons from the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC to Johns Hopkins. He did a brilliant surgery at Bryn Mahr -- and I am living my life again, because I have 70% less pain. (This may even get better as I heal more.) Dr. Foti is a warm, compassionate, humble man who is very easy to relate to and gives you great confidence as a patient. As scary as my condition was, I believed in him completely -- and he delivered everything we hoped for with his surgical skills.

by Mike Schropshier on Feb 12th, 2014

Dr Foti is a doctor that goes above what other doctors do. He performed a l4 s1 fusion with instrumentation and just recently performed a si joint fusion. I saw many other doctors and Dr Foti stood out above the other docs. Tracy his secretary and nurse has such a sweet personality and does what's needed to get procedures down and there is some days I call her a couple times a day to ask questions and she is always polite and has a smile on her face. I would recommend Dr Foti and Tracy to anyone that feels they hit a brick wall and cannot move on farther or if you just got hurt, they make you part of their family

|  Patient  |  show details
by Deb F. on Nov 18th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Foti! I had been treated by different doctors for a year. After meeting with four surgeons, I selected Dr. Foti. He stood out from the crowd. What a difference! I have never felt uncomfortable. His bedside manner is superior! His assistant, Tracey, is fantastic! She is on top of everything and she is always ready to help you and listen - - just as well as Dr. Foti! They handled my workers compensation perfectly, which is not easy. I had back surgery and I can tell you that only months later, my incision/scar looks better than some people that have been healing for years. I have rated Dr. Foti & staff with five stars across the board - - and that doesn't even come close to what you can expect!

|  Best Experience with Orthopedics  |  show details
by Rick Gum on Mar 2nd, 2013

I first met Dr. Foti in November of 2005, when his office was in Berwick, PA. I had been through two previous back surgeries with another local doctor that was supposedly the best. This particular doctor had totally missed with his second surgery, then refused my calls and brushed me off. Dr. Foti was up front from the beginning with his diagnosis, what I could expect., and he listened to me. His first surgery on me (2016/06/12) was a fusion from L-3 to S-1, and he was up front by telling me, if everything went perfect, he could only get me about 50% less pain, because of the mess the previous doctor had made. His bedside manor is the best. He has moved twice since that surgery, and I have chosen to follow each time. It has been a two and a half hour drive one way, but well worth it for me. His staff is the best, they go out of their way to make things as easy for me as possible, accommodating me in every way. His current nurse, Traci, has been exceptional. She always stays on top of my prescriptions, and I have never had a problem with having her call in my prescription to the local pharmacy. A new procedure has recently come to light, an SI joint fusion. Dr. Foti knew of the constant pain in my right hip, leg, and the feeling of my right leg weighing a ton, making my mind feel as though I wouldn't be able to move it. He informed me of the surgery, thought it would be a big help for me, and improve my quality of life. He left the choice up to me, to do the research, and make the decision. It is a new procedure, but I chose to go ahead with it. The SI fusion surgery was done (2013/10/29) and I can't thank him enough. All three of the aforementioned problems were eliminated, and the recovery time was very fast. It had gotten to the point, that my only option was going to be a morphine pump, which I didn't want. This has bought me time, and improved my quality of life more than I ever could have imagined. Dr. Foti has always stayed on top of technology and the procedures, and he has always listened to me. That is the most exceptional part, he listens. I would refer, recommend,.even try my best to persuade someone to go to Dr. Foti, as he is professional in every manner. I know, as long as I have the back problems, I will be following him wherever he goes.

|  The Best Orthopedic Surgeon in South East PA  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

In 2008, I had lumbar surgery from Dr. Foti,after following his treatment plan, I felt great and was able to go back to work to support of my family. I was also able to get back to doing some of my favorite things such as jogging and hunting. In 2010 while driving over the Gerard Point Bridge in Philadelphia, my family and I were involved in a horrific accident. We were broad sided by a negligent truck drive, who broke through a construction barrier. With the level of care Dr. Foti had given me in my last back injury, I felt he was the only surgeon I'd ever go to. I feel he is one of the most meticulous doctors, he is extremely conscientious and his effectiveness incomparable. After sending me to one of his colleagues, Dr. Kim (who is also an excellent doctor), for epidurals who then moved onto a discography to pin point the exact nature of my injury. The extent of my injury required me to have a two level spinal fusion. Dr. Foti set my nerves at ease with his confidence in his ability to proceed with a successful operation. On April 23rd, 2012 I had two level spinal fusion with bone graph from my hip. As of a week later my pain subsides a little bit everyday and I am able to walk I had the utmost confidence in D.r Foti being a great surgeon. I'm praying to be back to work supporting my family and doing the things I love. Also the woman that works for D.r Foti, Tracy. After explaining my fear of the surgery to her she completely explained the process and set my fears at ease and on top of that she said she would pray for myself and family and our healing which was a comforting gesture. She has been one of the best medical professionals I ever had to communicate with, on three occasions I needed paper work filled out for FMLA she immediately filled the paperwork out and faxed them back to Atena within two working days causing them to immediately keep my disability flowing we also had a problem with our Allstate medical insurance claim being closed by mistake and after calling Tracy and explaining it to her she called me back in 30 minutes with the claim reopened with no problems. I personal think that Suburban Spine will no doubt be one of the top and best places for anyone to go to with any kind of orthopedic neck or back problem they have treated me and my family with the utmost respect and integrity while being down to earth and professional and I would recommend Dr. Foti and found out that he is one of the best surgeons in south eastern Pennsylvania.

Apr 24th, 2012

I did like Dr. Foti, however, his staff (one woman) is making it impossible for me to have my surgery. She is hard to deal with, rude and unhelpful. I gave her my FMLA paperwork at my 1st visit on Feb 28, 2012 and after calling numerous times, she has yet to fill it out and return it to me. Surgery was scheduled for April 10th and I had to postpone because I didn't have my paperwork completed. I can't even reschedule surgery because Tracey will not return my calls and after a little bit of a heated convo, where I ended it by asking her to have Dr. Foti call me so I can disccuss it with him directly, I still have not gotten a call back. I don't feel like any patient should be treated the way I have by the staff and I realize it has nothing to do with the skills of Dr. Foti, but his staff has stressed me out to the point that I refuse to go back there and prefer to have a dr. with staff that will treat me better. There is no excuse for this woman's bad attitude and unprofessionalism!

Nov 24th, 2011

Doctor Foti takes each case as a personal challenge and each patient personally. He is up front with the family and works in a dedicated manner that would make me want to recommend him to all!

|  ruined my life  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

i had a 1 level spinal fusion done by dr. foti in 2004. he gave me intensive nerve damage during my surgery. he tried very hard to pretend this was not happening. today i am in chronic pain i am on moraphine oxycotin xanaflex and many others to get through the day. i also lost my colon resently that my dr says stem back to this surgeon. i could say alot more but this is my history with this dr

|  I wish he were my regular doctor!  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

Gerard Foti is caring compassionate and an all around great guy. He has worked with my husband after he had a devastating back injury. I was on the phone with him every day and he was patient and understanding with me and him. He never once acted as though I was an intrusion into his time or a trouble to him. He impressed me so much that when I had back problems I immediately contacted his office for an appointment!

|  How can you give more than five stars?  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2010

Doctor Foti is caring, knowledgable and has a helluva sense of humor. My husband calls him a good guy, which is his rating for excellence.

|  A Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2010

Dr.Foti started seeing me for my neck in 2003,along with other injurys to my shoulder, found the problem. treated me and is still monitoring the injurys to this day,

|  Over all an Excellent Physician/Surgeon  |  show details
by Linda M, Kingston, PA on Sep 30th, 2009

This man accepted me as a patient, when other physicians would not even touch my condition. I overcame an addiction, went thru all the He** that a human body and mind could bare and then this Dr. gave me my life back, yes it was slow healing, but now 4 years and several operations later, I can walk, and most importantly I can work for a living. No more disability pymts for me. Live your life to the fullest everyday without pain. Just do it!!

Jul 27th, 2009

He was an excellent caring doctor and listened to me even when I was discussing a problem completely unrelated. Also Dr Foti does not see patients at Riddle Memorial Hospital. BTW his nurse was the nicest person.

Mar 23rd, 2009

Never look me in the eye. When I asked a question still did not make eye contact. Seemed disinterested. Nurse was rude. Rest of the office seem well mannered.Saw him at Riddle Mem. Hosp.