Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Excellent show details Excellent
by Despo Tatasciore on Apr 5th, 2016

Wonderful bedside manner

Nov 30th, 2015

Misdiagnosed and ignored when it was discovered

Jul 21st, 2015

Dr. Foti was recommended to me by another orthopedic doctor who I respect so I was expecting a much better experience. I am not doubting his surgical skills but he lacks any type of follow-up care or concern. Tracie, who is wonderful, is the only one who follows up but certainly that is not her responsibility. After my fusion surgery, I had such severe pain in both legs for well over two weeks for which I called his office every day looking for relief; he never once called me back or even had a PA or resident call to see how I was doing. He is personable, and as I said, no doubt, a good surgeon , but he does need to learn to communicate with his patients. I felt like a number, just another surgery, never felt like I was valued!

excellent show details excellent
by emaly on Jan 24th, 2015

he is a wonderful doctor

A Wonderful a Doctor and Wonderful Human Being ! show details A Wonderful a Doctor and Wonderful Human Being !
by Deborah Kirschner on Nov 23rd, 2014

He is the Best !! He is Professional and explains everything very clear. Never have to wait long to see him and you always have his undivided attention. Came everyday to see me while I was in the Hospital . His Residents were also in everymorning first thing. He investigates to see what is the Best Procedure for each Patient. Always is willing to explain things to Family Members if the Patient wants him to explain to them the Procedure that was formed. I Appreciate everything he has Done for me and the Support he had always shown to my Family . This Wonderful Doctor has changed my Life for the Best . He is a Very, Very Caring individual and Doctor and I can only wish him the Best of Everything. I feel Very, Very Lucky to have Found him.

WORST DOCTOR EVER... ONLY WANT pharmaceutical PERKS! show details WORST DOCTOR EVER... ONLY WANT pharmaceutical PERKS!
by Kathelleen on Nov 14th, 2014

I went to see Dr Foti to find a doctor that I could trust in diagnosing me. I went to see Dr Foti summer of 2013. I had to wait 30 minutes for an on time arrival. Listened to the patients in waiting room how great the doctor was. I went in prepared to asking questions to ask and xrays of my back. The dr did not take the time to look over the xrays at all. Just glanced at them. Then told me that I have a few choices, first one was to take depression medication, second was to do nothing, third surgery but will not fix anything. My mouth just dropped with what he said to me. I asked him more about surgery and what he was thinking to do. He was not clear on what needed to be done as if he was not interested on working on me to make me feel at all pain free. Only told me to go on meds. What a doctor. After sitting in the waiting room to be seen for about one hour, he was only with me for 5 minutes until he heard these suited pharmaceutical reps coming very noisily in and asked to excused himself and asked to end my appointment with no follow up or any recourse. I left with such anguish and discuss that I was left in tears. I do not find this doctor at all professional or know what he is talking about. He did not show any professionalism towards me at all. I have read all the comments left by other patients from past and present, and I am surprise to read what good things they have to say. I just cannot find myself to say one good thing for this doctor or to support him in his efforts, because with my visit, it clearly shows he did not know what he was talking about and wanted to push medicines and to be with the pharmaceutical reps as they are going to provide him with some rewards- like eagle tickets. What a way to do business. (BTW dr. I have my associate's degree in healthcare administration and working on my bachelor's degree as well.) So I know what I saw and dealt with at my appointment is not professional to me. I then went to see Dr Robert Elliott- the best doctor ever! He saw what Dr Foti did not see and Dr Elliott was upset to here how this doctor treated me. How can you not see that I had a slip disc and it needed repair as this was the cause of my pain. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. Insurance companies should remove him from covering him because all he cares about is the money and perks that are given to him, not patient care.

by Mike Schropshier on Feb 12th, 2014

Dr Foti is a doctor that goes above what other doctors do. He performed a l4 s1 fusion with instrumentation and just recently performed a si joint fusion. I saw many other doctors and Dr Foti stood out above the other docs. Tracy his secretary and nurse has such a sweet personality and does what's needed to get procedures down and there is some days I call her a couple times a day to ask questions and she is always polite and has a smile on her face. I would recommend Dr Foti and Tracy to anyone that feels they hit a brick wall and cannot move on farther or if you just got hurt, they make you part of their family

Patient show details Patient
by Deb F. on Nov 18th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Foti! I had been treated by different doctors for a year. After meeting with four surgeons, I selected Dr. Foti. He stood out from the crowd. What a difference! I have never felt uncomfortable. His bedside manner is superior! His assistant, Tracey, is fantastic! She is on top of everything and she is always ready to help you and listen - - just as well as Dr. Foti! They handled my workers compensation perfectly, which is not easy. I had back surgery and I can tell you that only months later, my incision/scar looks better than some people that have been healing for years. I have rated Dr. Foti & staff with five stars across the board - - and that doesn't even come close to what you can expect!

Nov 24th, 2011

Doctor Foti takes each case as a personal challenge and each patient personally. He is up front with the family and works in a dedicated manner that would make me want to recommend him to all!

ruined my life show details ruined my life
Jun 8th, 2011

i had a 1 level spinal fusion done by dr. foti in 2004. he gave me intensive nerve damage during my surgery. he tried very hard to pretend this was not happening. today i am in chronic pain i am on moraphine oxycotin xanaflex and many others to get through the day. i also lost my colon resently that my dr says stem back to this surgeon. i could say alot more but this is my history with this dr

I wish he were my regular doctor! show details I wish he were my regular doctor!
Jun 4th, 2011

Gerard Foti is caring compassionate and an all around great guy. He has worked with my husband after he had a devastating back injury. I was on the phone with him every day and he was patient and understanding with me and him. He never once acted as though I was an intrusion into his time or a trouble to him. He impressed me so much that when I had back problems I immediately contacted his office for an appointment!

How can you give more than five stars? show details How can you give more than five stars?
Nov 21st, 2010

Doctor Foti is caring, knowledgable and has a helluva sense of humor. My husband calls him a good guy, which is his rating for excellence.

A Great Doctor show details A Great Doctor
Sep 18th, 2010

Dr.Foti started seeing me for my neck in 2003,along with other injurys to my shoulder, found the problem. treated me and is still monitoring the injurys to this day,

Over all an Excellent Physician/Surgeon show details Over all an Excellent Physician/Surgeon
by Linda M, Kingston, PA on Sep 30th, 2009

This man accepted me as a patient, when other physicians would not even touch my condition. I overcame an addiction, went thru all the He** that a human body and mind could bare and then this Dr. gave me my life back, yes it was slow healing, but now 4 years and several operations later, I can walk, and most importantly I can work for a living. No more disability pymts for me. Live your life to the fullest everyday without pain. Just do it!!

Jul 27th, 2009

He was an excellent caring doctor and listened to me even when I was discussing a problem completely unrelated. Also Dr Foti does not see patients at Riddle Memorial Hospital. BTW his nurse was the nicest person.

Mar 23rd, 2009

Never look me in the eye. When I asked a question still did not make eye contact. Seemed disinterested. Nurse was rude. Rest of the office seem well mannered.Saw him at Riddle Mem. Hosp.