Dr. Gerard Girasole MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 26th, 2016
Horrible bedside manner. Quick to diagnose without an X-ray or an MRI or pain medication. Diagnosis was wrong causing more pain. Please do not see this doctor. See a real back doctor.

August 11th, 2016
Overjoyed with my experience
I had an L5/S1 back fusion in 2002 and have never looked back or felt better. I made physical therapy / working-out, part of every day life. I owe my adult-fit-life to Gerisoli/Mintz & the habits their team fostered & encouraged. My wife & mother-in-law are also very satisfied with their respective neck fusions.

July 21st, 2016
one of the worst doctors to call himself a spine surgeon.

May 17th, 2016
Most sweet, courteous, educated, great personality, nice Dr. that I have ever had the chance to meet. I have been with him since 2001 and would never go anywhere else. When I first went to him I literally couldn't walk.....today I do everything....

February 21st, 2016
He a VERY Good Surgeon but NO BEDSIDE MANNER AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would be better off if you go somewhere else.

October 20th, 2015
The Doctor did not listen to my symptoms, he rushed through the appointment. he was not sympathetic and did not order the appropriate tests. Finally he ordered an MRI, after I had to insist because I was in agony. Then he ordered the wrong area. He ordered a cervical MRI when I was having thoracic pain. He did order PT but on follow-up, he told me that the PT that was done was "crap"! He never asked how I was feeling, he didn't review MRI, he argued with me about pain location and then during the second visit admitted that he should have ordered a thoracic MRI. Overall I found him to be uncaring, not compassionate and I felt as though I was a bother and he didn't want to help me. I would never recommend him!

August 23rd, 2015
Dr Girasole performed surgery on my spine. He maybe arrogant n rude at times, but if not for him ..I would not be walking. He is an excellent surgeon.

June 13th, 2015
Fantastically talented surgeon.
This surgeon gave me my life back. After a year in which I had no use of my right arm, he gave me an immediate, accurate diagnosis. I had consulted four surgeons within that year, and none of them had done the same. He scheduled surgery, scheduled my appointments with Abraham Mintz, an equally talented neurosurgeon, and performed the surgery. I woke up in the recovery room and said I can feel my hand. For the first time in a year. Ten years on, I am still in great shape. I thank God for Dr Girasole.

March 24th, 2015
Find another doctor
I had an appointment with Dr. Horsepower yesterday. My experience was terrible. I've been suffering with back pain for quite some time and finally got the nerve to see a doctor for it. He completly rushed me through the appointment, would not give me an opportunity to speak or ask questions, when I reached for my paper with notes I'd taken to prepare for the appointment, he said "Hang on, let me finish then you can tell me your story." I wanted to explain my history of the pain and what I've done for treatment before I got there and I wasn't able to get a word in. He gave me an X-Ray, found that I had a disk problem and rushed through some explanation and treatment options, before I had a chance to ask questions the medical assistant rushed me out and down the hall to make additional appointments. He also ordered an MRI which he said he doesn't really think I need. I think the doctor is more concerned about hitting his numbers and making a ton of money than he was about my well being. The place feels like a back pain clinic you would go to if you were suing someone. The first thing they ask you is if you're there for workers compensation or as the result of an automobile accident. The whole experience was rushed, the doctor was plain rude, and I feel like any doctor who doesn't let you ask questions probably doesn't know a lot of answers. Basically when I got home I cancelled my future appointments and started looking for another doc. I will probably go with a Yale doc which I should have done in the first place. Is it possible to give zero stars?

March 20th, 2015
I have never experienced anything like this. The first thing he said was that he couldn't help me- although I was hospitalized for 4 days and had not even examined me. Absolutely no bed side manner. He is rude, arrogant and definitely has a God complex. Would not recommend him ever. Still in shock at the awful experience. Rating is Zero.

February 20th, 2015
The most condescending, dismissive, arrogant doctor I have ever encountered
Dr Girasole was easily the most condescending, dismissive, arrogant, unhelpful doctor I have ever encountered. It was stunning because other doctors in this practice have been great. Dr Girasole gave a minimal assessment of my history and symptoms, didn't read my paperwork, barely glanced at my MRI results. He rushed through the appointment as quickly as he could, not interested in explaining anything to me or answering my questions or concerns. Hands down the most uncaring, uninterested, arrogant doctor I have ever seen. Save yourself time and money and look elsewhere for someone who actually cares about helping people.

January 26th, 2015
Awesome orthopaedic surgeon. Very compassionate and full of facts as well as expectations. Great bedside manner. Follow up appointments have been informational and all of my questions answered. I can't say enough about Dr. Girasole. He was tremendous!!!