Dr. Gerard Jeong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 21 reviews

January 17th, 2017
Knows his stuff
I have back problems, I've tried the non-surgical approach twice only to yield to Dr. Jeong's scalpel, First for a spinal laminectomy then three years later, fusing L3-5 and trimming L1&2

December 30th, 2016
Thanks, Doc!
Very happy with Dr. Jeong and staff. Performed a wonderful surgery and got rid of my pain. My mom also saw him and loved him. Very courteous and caring.

June 23rd, 2016
Poor paperwork management, poor post op progress management
1. Poor communication with the patient pre-operative, with particular concern about mis-managed paperwork that could have jeopardized the surgery date. 2. Poor communication post-op: Operation debrief did not indicate a blood pressure drop, inadequate materials provided to the patient/care-giver post op (do not include important items such as timelines of recovery, what to do if..), and mis-managed paperwork for parking. 3. Pain management and the side effects of pain management were not addressed. This caused a lack of appetite and discomfort for days, excruciating pain, and a 911 call and emergency extraction of bowel impaction. 4. TOI response time to inquiries seem very long. You must leave a message. Call back can be >24 hours. Never spoke to Dr. Jeong, only to a medical assistant.

June 21st, 2016
Post op and in the dark
This review could be miles long, but let's just say that waiting over 24 hours for a return phone call after major spine surgery is NOT ok, and you never talk to Jeong, only his assistant. It seems like the primary focus is how good it looks, not how the patient is recovering. I have had no idea what to expect, no benchmarks or goals set, and have had to go to the ER since my surgery for the one-size-fits-all pain cocktail Jeong prescribed. Pre surgery, the TOI scheduler sent my paperwork to the WRONG PERSON, figured it out but never informed me so I had no idea when my pre op was, or that I had to do pre anesthesia testing. My spine looks great, but I'm not feeling good...yet. It's still early, but overall I don't feel like I've been given nearly enough post op guidance.

December 19th, 2015
Don't trust reviews
I went by a review that had Dr. Jeong seem fantastic. He wasn't. I am in worse shape than I was. He was so unavailable, never making time to call or have me come in. I am so disappointed with him. He left me hunched over and couldn't tell me why. I need a good doctor. It isn't him.

October 16th, 2015
Dr Jeong performed spine surgery on me in 2007. I call him a my miracle Dr. To Me, there is no other back surgeon for my back

May 22nd, 2015
Anyone Home?
He thought he did such a great job yet I never suffered so much in my life in this state. He had my appointments so spread apart and I believe if he took the time to see me, call me and make himself available I would not be in this condition. He never left a number to reach him nor listen to me. Not one doctor in this state has yet shown me any respect and I have been right. Maybe it's pride. The patient suffers.

January 4th, 2015
I have no back and leg pain now thanks to Dr. Jeong's hands. He has made me feel young again. I can walk and travel and go back to things I have not done for the past 10 years. Thank you again, Dr. Jeong and his staff!

December 12th, 2014
Never gave me the time of day and have gotten worse
He had a great review and had nothing to go by so I chose him. I should have known when I never saw him in the hospital and after an 8 1/2 hr. operation, was full of every hardware, I started feeling worse and worse. He had me in every 3 months, all b/c my surgery looked good on the x-rays, yet I hurt more as time went on and developed bone growth all over my back. Never explained why, then said screws? Just read the bone growth could have been from an off brand material that causes excess bone growth and people have been suing the company who makes it and the doctors who were paid off to use it. His staff had no knowledge or compassion. I am in chronic pain and feel stuck. I don't feel he has been honest like another man said, I think it is just to save face. I would not recommend him. He is unavailable and has never called me. I am in deep pain, and he could never answer why. I feel all the hardware and it gets worse in time, not better.

November 4th, 2014
My Nightmare
Had my spinal reconstruction 2 years ago. He caused my neck to fracture. No relief.

February 29th, 2012
Great Doctor!
Dr. Jeong performed X-Stop Spacer surgery on my spine and for the first time in 6 months I woke up pain free from sciatica. He is a caring doctor and spends time explaining and answering my questions.

January 7th, 2012
No pain and glad to have back surgery
For the first time in a long time I feel good and without pain. My freinds told me not to have back surgery but am glad I did. I have not felt this good since I can remember. I am walking more than I have in years and no pain. I thank Dr. J and his office Patricia, and Marney. You guys are great!!!!