Dr. Gerard Librodo MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery El Dorado, KS

3.8

January 30th, 2013
2-level Lamidectomy (Low Back)
Dr.Librodo is an excellent doctor from my experience so far. I had two people talk me into going to see him as one of my consults. I was very impressed with his diagnostics and his plan for me. He wanted to try injections first just to be sure they didnt work (I had 3 before i seen him and before my failed back surgery). So i tried 2 more and they didnt work. We discussed the Lamidectomy and he said if he get's in there and finds something different where he needed to fuse the back that he would (he asked me what i wanted, if that were to occur). So the morning of my surgery he came and talked to me again about that option and i said yes, if you are in there and need to do more, do it. I didnt want to wake up and find out i had to go back in again. It worked out where he didnt have to fuse. Im 20 days post op and the nerve pain is here for a couple days and then gone for a couple days. He said this can last for up to 6 months. So we'll see how i end up. But it does seem better than the first surgery (done by someone else), where 4 days after surgery the nerve pain came back and stayed for 11 months before i had this other surgery done. I was skeptical of having back surgery in El Dorado, KS at Susan B Allen Hospital. But after being through it there I would go back again, if i had to. My two cents is he is an excellent doctor, that will do the most conservative procedure to get the job done. But if you need more of a procedure he will do that the first time if required. From my experience, dont have back surgery unless you have to. This second one was a lot worse as for recovery, but it was a more extreme surgery than the first one.

October 19th, 2008
The Best ortho surgeon i have met
Dr. Gerard is very accomodating, very attentive, and very precise in his diagnosis. Thanks doc. i am proud to be your classmate.domingo alimajen

September 27th, 2008
Confidence / Trust
He never enters the exam room with your file. And it appears that any info youare sharing with him about your condition is not being registered in your file. 15 minutes is never enough time. He never touches your painful areas. Conclude that he doesn't perform a proper examination.