Dr. Gerard Maritato MD Patient Reviews

• 5 reviews

June 27th, 2016
Amazing
I went to the ER twice. Once when i thought i was misscarrying my twins ( in which not much later i did lose one baby ) he was absolutely the most comforting, nice doctor i ever encountered. This time as i sit here waiting to be discharged im again, very happy and pleased with this gentlemen. His bedside manner is the most proffesional and comforting that i have seen in a long time. For those giving him bad reviews, might possibly be that maybe you have no patients or filter?

February 26th, 2016
rude and arrogant
My daughter went to the ER with extreme pain - another kidney stone- in which he told her to stop drinking ice tea and drink lemon juice instead. When I started to ask questions he said I was getting him frustrated! Really!! I was concerned about my daughter and I had the right to ask questions. He has no bedside manner and I would never recommend him to anyone.

February 27th, 2015
Daughter of the patient
My elderly mom had been brought to the ER on three different occasions. The first visit, sent my mom for ct scan and testing for appendicitis, when I KNEW from experience, it was sciatica. The dr. DIDN'T bother to listen. When the test results came back, it wasn't her appendix - what a surprise! The second time mom was brought in, was for leg pain and swelling. I gave him mom's history. Again, without bothering to listen or spend ANY time answering my questions. When I did track him down (behind the desk, gabbing with the nurses), to ask a question after waiting for so long; I very rudely told by Dr. Marittato I was getting on HIS NERVES and to go back and sit down! Again, misdiagnosed my mother as having cellulitis when it turned out to be a BLOOD CLOT! This time I reported him to the patient advocate of the hospital. The third time, he saw my mom before I got to the ER. She had been brought in again with the same leg symptoms, and once again he missed diagnosed her! Thankfully, the shift had changed and I didn't have to deal once again with this rude, arrogant, unprofessional doctor! After talking to the new shift doctor ( who was kind and compassionate towards my elderly mother!), for FIVE MINUTES, ordered the proper tests, and lo' and behold , it was ANOTHER blood clot! From then on, I made SURE to call the ER before my mom arrived, just to be sure this so-called 'experienced' doctor was NOT working at the time! If you EVER come across this man, RUN, DON'T WALK to the nearest exit!! I wouldn't trust this man with removing a splinter!

February 12th, 2012
very kind and takes the time to listen-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

September 29th, 2011
Rude, self centered.
He would not listen to what I had to say. He was rude, and exhibited a disgust in having to listen to me. As if I was holding back from something.Would not recommend.