Dr. Gerard Myers DO Patient Reviews

• Anesthesiology Monaca, PA

2.9

January 30th, 2017
Should NOT be practicing medicine
Each appointment with Dr. Meyer consisted of receiving a pre-written and signed prescription and collecting my next appointment card. Any medical questions posed to him but received as disrespect, condescension and resulted in me being told what a terrible person I was and that I should just have blind faith in his decisions since he's been doing this for 20 years which is practicing bad medicine in my opinion so not much of a boast if you ask me. Simply for expressing my discomfort in a treatment option he presented for which he couldn't answer basic questions without insulting me or feeling offended, and because I had one false negative drug test meaning no medications in my body I was just charge from his practice claiming I had two failed drug test which are now part of my permanent record. he behaves childishly, I'm professionally, egotistically, and claims that he doesn't need to talk to me in my appointment because he can diagnose me by passing by me in the waiting room or looking in my eyes. Still deciding whether to file a malpractice lawsuit or not.

October 12th, 2016
excellent
I felt compelled to write a review since I see negative ones. I have seen Dr. Myers for injections, and they have helped greatly. He doesn't have the best bedside manner, but he has helped my pain and that's what I care about. And the injections don't hurt like other doctors.

October 20th, 2015
Horrible
This dr's practice is like a cattle call. Get them in and get them out! The more patients he sees, the more $ he makes. You're lucky if he spends 3 minutes in the room, and he certainly doesn't check you. He doesn't explain anything and if you ask why he does something, his answer is because I said so. You cannot disagree with him because he holds that pain prescription over your head. His staff plays games with you if they don't like you, like leaving you in the exam room for hours, pretending they "forgot" you were there. You as a patient have rights!

August 27th, 2015
HORRIBLE- STAY AWAY!
He just randomly decides to NOT show up to his appointments and doesn't let anyone know why. I waited for 2 hours and had to leave work another day and missed out on TONS of pay because of this jerk. He is a pathetic excuse for a physician and should have his license removed.

February 2nd, 2015
Show Me The Money
After 6 years I've noticed a shift toward "Billable" instead of patint care,real shame.

July 31st, 2013
Discusting
This guy is the worst of the of worst in the Medical field . He is ripping off poor people day in and day out . I can't figure out how is getting away with the service he is providing . Some one should be reporting him to the Pa. Medical ACS. for they way he is treating his patience . Just read all the Reviews on this on his Web Page , you wont find one good thing about him . you got too report him and all his staff . OVER ALL RATING DEPLORABLE Have you ever had any one of his staff Smile , Amen

June 6th, 2012
Selling Spinal Shots
This guy is selling Spinal Shots, and if you ask for the risks he does not explain. I researched them on my own, and the risk is certainly not worth it. Horrible doctor. Do not use this man, my opinion is he is dangerous.

June 5th, 2012
Get it RIGHT!!!!!
Sent me to see another Dr that Dr Myers claimed I needed to see. When I seen this other Dr he was very upset that I was sent to him. This Dr in plain English said WHY did he send you here and on what bassis? Basicly just waiste of my time and money.

April 10th, 2012
I've been to many different doctors due to my chronic pain, and I must say that Dr. Myers had given me the least care out of all those doctors. Anytime I would try to get a word in he would just cut me off, so there was never any listening at my appointments. They just did what they what was right and didn't listen to what I had to say at all. After my last visit I am no longer returning. If you're looking for genuine care, don't go here. I also feel because I am younger that they did not take me seriously at all.

March 15th, 2012
Lap of insurance
First few visits with Dr. Myers were acceptable. Until I tried to explain the medications he prescribed we not helping. I am 31 years old and have compression fractures in my T11 & T12. After extensive physical therapy, Facet injections, steriodial epidorals, and pain medication. I was able to work and function as a normal human being. After being on the same medication for over a year I explained to him they were not working as well as they did when I first started taking them. At this point he told me in exact words (I would haave to talk to the man)and told me he was no longer able to help me. After seeing Dr. Myers for over a year he practically tossed me away, all I was trying to do was explain the medication he had me on wasnt working as well as it did at the beggining of treatment. If anyone knows a good pain management doctor. I would greatly appreciate it. I am tired of being in severe pain everyday and its taking a toll on my family life, personal life and work.Please help

January 11th, 2012
My impression of Dr. Meyers
I drive approximately 15 miles to Dr. Meyer's office (Penn Hills to Vanadium Rd.), and I can tell you it is worth every mile to me. Dr. Meyers is the first physician that understood my pain. Not only did he listen on my initial visit, but he looked at me and saw I was in severe pain. This is difficult to explain to someone who is not suffering with chronic pain, however for those of us that are it is a Godsend to find a doctor that can look in your eyes and see we are suffering. Dr. Meyers has been straightforward with me concerning my condition, specifically in the area of cervical and lumbar surgery. Moreover he has encouraged me to seek consultations from several notable neuro surgeons. I highly recommend Dr. Meyers to anyone suffering with chronic pain. The only complaint I have is that he is a little slow with some paperwork, but he makes it right. Trust me. I would travel from Penn Hills to Scott Township if Dr. Meyers was anything less than what I have stated

August 11th, 2011
Horrible bedside manner. Don't waste your time with this uncaring "professional".