A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerard Schmit:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerard Schmit is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schmit
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schmit Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerard Schmit, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmit graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Schmit has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Doctors Med Center San Pablo Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gerard Matthew Schmit MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 50 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Gerard M. Schmit practice?
- Dr. Gerard Schmit has 5 office locations.
Dr. Gerard Schmit practices Psychiatry near Walnut Creek, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Fairfield, CA and Fremont, CA.
See Walnut Creek Psychiatrists.