Psychiatrists

2940 Camino Diablo
Ste 320
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
925-944-9711
Locations and availability (4)

1.0

|  Unethical Doctor who lies and sends you to collections for no-show appts you never booked  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2013

I wish I could give NEGATIVE stars for Dr. Gerard Schmidt. He is an unethical doctor, who is also a liar. After having him act strangely during a visit (he cursed at me and made me feel extremely uncomfortable), I stopped seeing him. But that's not why I'm writing this review. In December 2012, his office made a scheduling error and billed me for a no-show. I contacted Dr. Schmidt and was told he would take care of it. Fast forward to August 2013: I've been SENT TO COLLECTIONS for a charge that I never incurred. I had to call the office for four days straight to get a call-back from Dr. Schmidt. He once again, agreed that it should have been handled but chastised me for "falling off the face of the earth." Guess what? Today, the front office says that Dr. Schmidt says that the charge is legitimate. Here's the kicker: The front office and their billing department REFUSE to assist in removing this from my credit report. I happen to know that a business can write a letter to the credit bureau and inform them that the issue is resolved, but they are so lazy and uncooperative that they won't even take one step to correct this. I'm shocked that a business would treat a client this way. Dr. Schmidt and his staff is unhelpful, rude and takes no accountability for this situation. BTW - I have also filed a complaint with the CA Medical Board because charging me $140 for an appointment I never missed is unethical behavior.

|  Think he suffers from mood disorder  |  show details
by Leesha on May 30th, 2013

Dr Schmidt is odd. One visit he is cold, cuts me off mid sentence, irritable and distracted. Next visit outgoing and joking(dry humor) and after previous visit wasn't sure he was joking. Acted like we were buddies for years. Unpredictable behavior. He dusk wrote prescriptions incorrectly which required delays due to pharmacy having to contact and clarify. The serious issue us it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach a staff member live and out of the question to actually get the doctor to respond to a phone call from pharmacist or patient. Total patient mill. Wrote scripts bill insurance and move the people through. No interest in collaboration and very disappointing. Saw him for almost a year, trying to stick with it because it is such a hassle to change doctors. The final straw was his continuing to incorrectly document my file and writing prescriptions incorrectly so often that my insurance company started asking why there were so many prescriptions for strange amounts rather than consistent 30 day scripts. When he was in his nice mode he was pleasant and easy going but something is just off with this man.

|  Rip off  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

This whole practice is here for the money. You come in for medication management and they bill the insurance company for a full on psychiatric visit...to the tune of $325-$360! After a standard 10 minute medication management appt. What a racket!! Office staff? You mean the answering machine that doesn't return phone calls or the girl that is there simply to take your check and ignores all incoming calls unless it's regarding a bill and coming in on the billing phone line? I don't have enough words to express my dissatisfaction! I only wish Cigna knew what they aren't paying for.