Dr. Gerard Sublette MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

July 11th, 2016
Kept me from going back to a doctor for a long time!
It has been a few years now, but he was the rudest doctor I've ever had. He was mad that I wasn't prepped on time, he was looking on his phone while they were prepping, tapping his foot and sighing. Looked like he just walked in the building. Then he was mad at me because my intestines weren't totally cleaned out. Well, hello...I had some sort of blockage...and because the drinking of the stuff was the day before, didn't have time to eliminate, because my intestines weren't normal, which is the whole reason I went in the first place. I was so sick. I'm such a shy modest person anyway, and to be vulnerable like that is very, very hard for me. And this experience gave me this feeling of being violated, not a professional doctor visit. The reason why I am writing now is because there is something very serious going on with me and I couldn't bring myself to see a doctor about it for a long time, until now. I did my homework and talked to people this time. The girl in the office, at that time, was kind, but that doesn't make up for this horrible experience.

October 29th, 2015
I had a Gastro with Dr. Sublette. He told me I needed to take some medicine for the gas in the stomach. He tried to find the pharmacy that I get my medicine from...How hard that could be? Osco on Foster Ave and Harlem? He could not find it. His staff could not find it. I called the next day, asked the staff to order my medicine to any pharmacy of their choice and I go get it. They asked about my pharmacy, and I said Osco on 7342 W Foster Ave Chicago, IL 60656 , they said they would order. After almost two months now, I don't have it. I am seeing another doctor to order the medicine for me. If it was the office visit that I did not pay, they would have called me a hundred times and followed up with me to get it. Since it is my medicine, nobody cares.

June 16th, 2015
Stay away
They insist you visit the office in order to schedule a future procedure. Then they charge you for that as an "office visit" $200, and refuse to resolve the issue. As a result, your insurance would not cover it as preventive care. Waiting time is an hour. Stuff is unfriendly. Overall, feels like scam.

February 4th, 2014
MY EXPERIENCE
I went to see Dr. Sublette. I had some concerns and my doctor recommend that i see a Gastrologist. I went to see Dr. Sublette only because he was who my PCD refered me to. Trust me he was not my first choice, or second or third. I will never EVER go to him again. He was not rude in a way but he lacked professionalism. I was directed to his office were he was on scrolling through his cell phone with his feet propped on his desk, thank goodness he had the curteous to remove his feet from his desk and place them on the ground. He asked me some question and asked to follow him to the examaning room. I don't recall a sink. I do recall a bottle of hand sanitizer. He asked me to pull down my pants and lay on my side; he didn't set out of the room nor give me a sheet or paper robe to put on. I felt vulnerable. He put on a glove, THANK GOODNESS, and he proceeded to check me. The examination part was not horrible, I had prepared myself mental days in advance. But I truly do not feel that he took my concern seriously nor do i feel confident of his diagnosis. It was more kind of "i don't think so". When you are seeing a specialist you expect them to be professional and to give you a accurate diagnosis. You see a SPECIALIST for an accurate dagnoisis (or at the least a close to accurate) not a i'm not sure/certain it doesn't look like it kind of anwer. The point it to put your mind and body at easy with a correct dagnoisis. I do not recommend Dr. Sublette. And I have heard other personal expreriences with Dr. Sublette that where horrible with two other patient.

December 1st, 2013
unprofessional
Never wash hands, Never asked about pain, And never poke my abdomen for pain points. Just ran hands on my under arms, at waist, and hips. Also no white coat. Clothes came from home and I don;t know where else in hospital.