Dr. Gerard Tiffault MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 10th, 2013
Confused
I honestly can't understand what the other reviewer(s) are talking about. I've had a few instances over the years which allowed me to see Dr Tiffault. His bedside manner isn't one that coddles but certainly doesn't make him unapproachable. If you want to be babied please regress be back to 5 years old and try again. This guy is knowledgeable and I won't hesitate to see him again should the need arise. As for the other people who think negatively of him. I don't know what to say. Zofran is commonly used for nausea. And a diagnosis of vomiting for unknown reason is not unheard of in an ER setting. They're an emergency department, not a GI clinic. (Life,limb, or eyesight is the purpose of an ER despite what Obama has you thinking) No, he won't win a Nobel prize. But Doc Tiffault is a great ER doc.

February 16th, 2013
He was the worst doctor I have ever came across. He has no bed side manner and acts like your not sick. I had pain in my chest and 2 rare disorders. He treats you like you are so unimportant. I thought ER Doctors were there to help you not make you feel like you are stupid. This Doctor needs to be disbarred and terminated.

May 18th, 2012
Doctor?
My wife was experiencing severe vomiting, with violent heaving. She was allowed to wait so long prior to receiving help from Tiffault, and his incompetent night ER staff (other than the woman at the reception counter) that she had expelled the entire contents of her stomach, and began vomiting stomach acid. Tiffault was also unable to even provide a diagnosis to her condition. His official diagnosis was "vomiting due to unknown origins". 6 hours for no diagnosis? To make matters worse, my wife is also pregnant with our first child. At 13 weeks pregnant, she was allowed to vomit so violently for several hours prior to receiving treatment, and an ultrasound to check on the baby was not conducted until roughly 3 am. We arrived at the ER at 8 pm! Tiffault seems to have a problem being questioned. Upon expressing my concerns, and asking what meds she was being given, Tiffault exhibited attitude, and seamed that I was out of line. When the ER nurse first came in to check on my wife, and was about to give her a medication, she stated "Oh, shes pregnant?" Please, any one who has been in our shoes, please file complaints at St. Elizabeth so that their name isnt smeared due to the likes of such unprofessional, uneducated people.

February 14th, 2015