Dr. Gerard Varlotta DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 31st, 2016
Caring Physician
Dr Varlotta genuinely cares about his patients. I've seen him, on more than one occasion, go above and beyond to help someone in need on short notice. He is an excellent diagnostician and someone I regularly recommend to my friends and colleagues as the first person they should see to deal with any type of orthopedic injury or pain.

November 30th, 2015
Should have read the reviews
Didn't know he wasn't kept on with NYU but I wish I did -- complete waste of time and money. Ended up going to a real MD and already feeling much better. He performed useless procedures and made me feel completely at fault for my pain READ THE REVIEWS AND STAY AWAY

September 3rd, 2015
Don't go to him
After 8 long months l, 3 painful and useless procedures; he informed me my pain was in my head. Using my gut I went for a second opinion and low and behold my pain is not only real but is requiring surgery. Don't wait the average 2-3 hours to see this hack, wonder why he no longer works at NYU.

June 7th, 2015
great doctor

February 12th, 2015
terrific doctor

January 29th, 2015
recent patient
Does not divulge adequate amount of info. Urges and recommends invasive procedures. Underwent one against my better judgement with very poor results _no improvement in disc+

December 30th, 2014
Highly recommended.
I have had wait times with Dr. Varlotta in the past. However, he has helped me tremendously over the years. Highly recommended.

October 18th, 2014
Excellent Experience
I was recomended to Dr Varlotta from numerous people, and a few physicians. When reading these reviews i became hesittant and put off making an appointment. Af the continued from people i know i jmade an appointment. I was scheduled within a few days of calling. The wating room was nice, the staff pleasant and understanding. I waited approx only 15 minutes past my scheduled appointment time. This appointmebt was a consult and exam. Dr. Varlotta was very nice, took the time to review the Mri with me and came up with a treatment plan. He scheduled me for spinal injections a week later. Again the staff and he were pleasant and my wait time was only about 20 minutes. He took the time to explain the procedure and I received great relief. I drove in from Long Island as i was willing to sacrafice time for quality of care. He was friendly, caring, and knowledgeable Clearly i made the correct decision and highly recommend Dr. Varlotta.

September 23rd, 2014
Natural Healer
Sure, perhaps you used to wait a long time--no more--but his ability to diagnose a problem with great understanding of its implications on your body and lifestyle were and still are well worth the wait and any other inconvenience. He is a great practitioner, and that's what I want when I see a doctor. I don't care about his bedside charm. Just help and, when possible, cure me. Actually, I think his manner with patients is just fine! All these reasons is why I have seen Dr. Varlotta for more than 25 years, still rely on him and am never dissapointed.

November 12th, 2013
This is a top doc?
I was the first appointment of the day and after 75 minutes of waiting, I gave up. This guy has forgotten who works for who. Do yourself a favor: find a doc who actually has time to see patients.

January 31st, 2013
Shows poor consideration for patients' time
Late, later, latest. Good healer... if you can wait, wait and then wait some more.

November 5th, 2012
AVOID
Loooong wait to see a doctor that is Not worth the wait. Told me that he would get back to me, but never did! Gave me drugs that doped me up. That was his only solution. Drugs made me sick. No other recommendation other than drugs. Office help is of no help. NYU Langone Medical Center is so large that NO one there cares about the patient.