A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerard Vitale:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerard Vitale is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerard Vitale, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Vitale graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Vitale has 11 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
- Winthrop University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vitale accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 21 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Anthem - 4 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gerard F. Vitale practice?
Dr. Gerard Vitale practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Glen Cove, NY.
See Glen Cove Surgeons.