Dr. Gerard Zanolli MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 15th, 2016
When I was suffering from depression and anxiety, Dr. Zinolli kept working with me to find the best medication to help me. He did not give up until a successful treatment was found.

February 5th, 2015
Great doctor and person! I'd highly recommend Dr. Zanolli.

June 3rd, 2014
Overall bad experience..i don't recommend
I needed a doc to manage my meds and he was close to where I lived, so I gave him a try. First off, his office is dark, depressing and cramped and looks like he got a good deal on it. For the fees he charges, I think he could do much better. At first he was nice, but rather disinterested. He spent most of my appointments with his back to me typing and saying ..uh huh...uh.huh. He was mostly concerned with getting insurance billed and collecting co-pays...and writing prescriptions. I understand those things are necessary, but could and should be handled after the appointment or by office staff. Moving forward, he seemed nice enough at first..but when I questioned an issue that came up, he showed a pretty surly and angry side of himself that I don't really feel I need to PAY for. Poor bedside manner and social skills. His quick apology was a clear sign that he behaves badly towards his patients a lot. There are much better doctors out there..I'd suggest to keep looking. I did..and glad I made the change.

June 13th, 2013
My husband had one appointment where Dr. Zanolli spent most of the appt. turned away typing and asking "what? Can you repeat?" After not showing up to the second (cancelled) appointment, which there was no reminder call for, we were charged a no show fee and there was no phone call to find out why his severely depressed, high anxiety, on new medication patient had not shown up. And he was not very bright, on the bottom 1/4 of the bell curve.

July 25th, 2012
Dr Zanolli has improved my quality of life!
I'm not sure where all these negative reviews are coming from? Dr Zanolli was referred to you by other reputable physicians so why would they refer if he wasn't reputable himself? Ive had psychological issues my entire life. Been thru years of counseling & every anti-depressant that family docs dole our when they don't know what else to do with me. Finally saw another psychiatrist (not dr Z) who put me on more anti-depressants, anxiety meds & quickly diagnosed me for ADHD and scribed completly wrong medication for that! So I decided to get another opinion and went to Dr Zanolli. My first appt he listened carefully to every word I said. I took a ton of tests to determine if I really was ADHD & also determined my bi-polar 2 & anxiety disorder. Finally after 25 years It was determined I'm NOT depressed!!! And my whole childhood behavior all FINALLY made sense now with his correct diagnoses. Those anti-depressants I was on for yrs had horrible WD & side effects for me, brain zaps & worsening depression after stopping taking them. He spent over an hour with me in my 1st appt. listening to me & explaining exactly what these diagnoses meant. He scribed VERY careful doses of a few meds & asked me to follow up to see if they were working? We finally found what worked and didn't work. Just understanding now why it is that I've been the way I've been all these years provided clarity to my situation. I've never felt judged or belittled by him & he is patient & kind & recommends counseling if I'm going through a rough time. Will even fit me in for last minute appts if I ever need it. I hope he is my doctor for a very long time bc I've never seen any doc take the time to explain things & monitor medications that well. so many others have just jumped to put me on whatever meds they are being pushed on by the pharm companies or just put me on anything after 5 minutes of conversation then tell me to go to counseling with no follow up. I STRONGLY recomend Dr Zanolli. Just bc a doctor puts you on "time tested" medications doesn't mean the doc is a pill mill. When meds are taken "as prescribed" then there is less potential for abuse. I'm more frightened by all the new meds out there that have not been around for very long so we dont really know what true complications there will be later in life from those drugs.Ever seen the commercials for them, the side effects list are longer than what they are suppose to treat! Its these billion$ pharm companies who are evil and trying to make a buck on us, not good quality doctors! He has literally improved my quality of life. I'm sorry others have had a bad experience but as long as you are honest with your doctors and disclose everything to them then they have all the tools they need to really help you.

April 18th, 2012
Unprofessional. This man responds to negative online patient reviews by disclosing confidential and private patient information in his rebuttal, which appears to be a willful betrayal of a practitioner-patient privilege. Dismissage and indignant when brought to his attention.

August 16th, 2011
Works great for me - A life saver!
I'm not sure what the other reviewers expect from a psychiatrist - Dr Zanolli has been exceedingly courteous, flexible, and more willing to listen to my ideas about medication than any other doctor I've seen. He's never suggested upping doses to addictive levels, he's been very cautious abt the introduction of new medication, and he's worked with me patiently and kindly with a sense of humor. I credit him with getting me to a level of stability and functionality I'd given up on before seeing him. I've been a patient since 2009 and he's been this way since my first visit. He is not often a counselor, that's certain. And he does like to stick to sched appt times, but so do I; I dont want to be in a waiting room any longer than I have to. If you want a therapist who listens to your troubles, get one, I do.

May 13th, 2011
PILL - MILL !! Stay away!!!
Went to this guy on advice of Swedish West Seattle clinic, for stress. BIG mistake. Zanolli doles out addictive meds just like candy to keep people coming back every 4-6 weeks/months, depending on your insurance. He has a Terrible temper: when I told him I'd read that Ambien & Klonopin were meant for short term use, he went into a mean, nasty tirade & actually stomped around his office, yelling, "You CAN take Klonopin and you CAN take Ambien long term! Whoever said you can't is CRAZY!" He is the only psychiatrist in West Seattle and he bills himself as a "child psychiatrist" due to this, but people: STAY AWAY. He only wants your insurance money!! I'm a grown woman who is now tapering off the 8-9 mgs of Klonopin that Zanolli said were "normal" for most people who had stress. I regret ever meeting this man. I cannot believe he is even still allowed to practice as a Dr.

May 2nd, 2011
Incredibly Rude & Unprofessional
Always asked me if I was seeing a counselor, which I was. I would give a summary, maybe 5 minutes, then he asked me to go into detail. I would be a few minutes into it, and he would interrupt, and blame me for not scheduling a longer appointment. He is super fast to prescribe additional meds, and never removes any. I left when I was up to 5 medications.

February 22nd, 2011
Seems more interested in the money...Avoid at all costs...
I had an appointment with Dr. Zanolli for the first time. When I arrived at his office, I was expecting the usual plain-jane bright and open commercialized office space. Guess what? He's under a bunch of apartments! His office is dark and depressing, not to mention VERY CRAMPED. Most funeral homes are more cheerful than his office. Anyways, moving on, he was rushing through the appointment, seeming uninterested in what I had to say. He asked a personal question--(hint--what most teenage boys do in private), and because I denied the question (truthfully), he replied that it was odd. How insulting. Also, I had been asked to explain about a particular condition. I started to explain the symptoms. He soon turns around in his chair, opens a drawer and pulls out a questionaire, thrusting it at me, saying that he didn't have time to listen and that I was rambling. Not a psychiatrist--a plumber might have better bedside manner than he does.

October 30th, 2009
Quick to judge/diagnose
DSM IV...all I'm say'n. When was the last time Dr. Zanolli read it?