Dr. Gerardo Carcamo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

July 13th, 2016
I have a procedure scheduled in 2 days, and they never called me to inform me that they had moved the procedure to a different hospital. I called them to find make sure i was still supposed to arrive at 5:30 am, that is when they told me that my procedure was at a different hospital and that it was at 9 am. had i not called i would have showed up at the wrong hospital. worse yet, they havent even sent the paperwork to the new hospital, called the new hospital an they stated that they would need 48 hrs to verify insurance. it is less than 48 hrs now before my surgery, which means i do not know the price for the facility. i am flabbergasted by their procrastination in letting patients know when things change. Waiting to see how this goes, i may end up cancelling everything.

June 27th, 2016
Very Rude and disrespectful...

June 9th, 2016
So far he seems to me a good dr , he told me if I wasn't a candidate for the sleeves gastrectomy that he will not put my life in risk so I like his honesty . And the ladies helping him are so nice and easy to talk to they have lots of Patients cause I don't know how to read that good they help along the way. So I'm putting my self in this dr hands in Jesus name Amen !

March 7th, 2016
Sales Manager
Dr. Carcamo has been my physician (Lap Band)for 5 years. I feel that he is honest and gets to the point! He has scolded me for not following up on a regular basis and I deserved it! If he repeats himself it's more than likely he's see many patients do the just the opposite-- again, as patients we also have commitments we must adhere to. Dr. Carcamo's follow up is fantastic.. I appreciate that a Doctor takes the time to do so and is genuine! I trust Dr. Carcamo with my health and well-being

March 3rd, 2016
Highly Recommended
An amazing professional. Highly skilled, attentive, and overall very effective and responsive to my needs.

January 14th, 2014
Apparently he hasn't changed in 7 years
My doctor recommended this man because of his 'great hands'. I had to have colon surgery and simultaneously have an ovary removed by another doctor. My appointments with him always result in my blood pressure topping 200. He harassed me by saying he would remove both ovaries, no matter what the other doctor intended. I hated this doctor and sadly I did not realize I could have said NO and asked for another surgeon. He was verbally abusive, condescending and just an awful human being. My surgery was done in May 2007 and I still have horrible memories about this doctor and the follow up care was non-existent.

April 3rd, 2013
Wife and Sister-in-law both had bad times with Dr. Carcamo
If you are reading this, DO NOT use Dr. Carcamo. My wife had a horrible experience at each appointment, and ended up having to get the band removed after a year of misery. Her sister also ended up having to get he band removed. Do you self a favor, and go to BMI of Texas. They are the ones that took my wifes band out, and they were a pleasure to work with.

August 18th, 2011
very dull very corse conn man
spoke to me as if reading a speach prepared for others, very redonant about the surgery and makes it sound like he is herding cattle to the slaughter, look up his utube video and watch what I Have stated.Thanks....you need to know and be informed.

August 18th, 2011
It is all about the money and his abousive nature
I would never ever refer another person to get a lap band from this scamer he only gives fills for cash money and doesit so that you need many visits to get the right fill for your band, he speaks down to others and will verably abuse you at your weaest state of trying to get healthy.His sarcastic mean way of speaking to a patient is very counter productive, which the word is out and others who really need his help will know the truth,also he has hidden cameras in the rooms, and does not let any one know this.It is wrong to take advantage of of a persons weekness.You are welcome to find out yourself.Thank You, for reading my pain.

October 27th, 2010
Great
great doctor, fast and to the point :)

January 29th, 2009
change
his ways need to change, he can be very mean.