inactive

Gerda O Augustin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 27th, 2014
Office visit
I highly recommend this office and like the flexibility to be able to talk to Dr Augustin with my concerns/questions about my daughter. I have been to other offices and its very hard to get to talk a physician. A front desk or a nurse practitioner will call you back rarely a doctor but that is that the case here and I really like that a lot

July 11th, 2014
Parents Beware
This office was just horrible. Neither the doctor nor her staff are friendly or knowledgeable the office is very rarely open and when it is they do not answer the phone. After the first visit i decided to never take my children back. It's been 6 months and I'm still trying to get then to send my children's records for the one visit they were there. Worst doctor ever!

January 31st, 2014
I really like Dr Augustin
I really like this office and the close contact Dr Augustin have with me and my daughter. Dr. Augustin call me directly and return my call right away. she has an answering service picks up quick and doctor call right back which very important to me. I figure I'll take time to sahre that for those who love to read review on doctors.

December 15th, 2013
I really like this doctor
First time to Dr. Augustin. My cousin who has been going there for over 5 year recommended me to go there because my child ears was hurting. It was no wait time. Dr Augustin was very nice to my daughter and get right to why were we there and diagnosis my daughter and gave us medication and told us do not hesitated to call the office if I had any other concerns. Mind you Dr Augustin was not my doctor and treated us like we have been going there for years. I will recommend her to my other friends. I really like the in and out which is important for me who has very little time to wait in waiting room for hours I just wanted to share my first experience in this office

November 13th, 2013
My office experience
I really like this office. Friendly front desk and Dr Augustin is so sweet to my twins girls. They love her. I am really shock to see negative comment because my experience in this office has been nothing but pleasant. I know some parents out there will come to site an write nonsense because simply did not want to follow office policy or because they did not get they way. Grow up! I also know some parents who only complaint for nonsense and even twist the truth a little bit about an office to give them bar rap but will never come to site when they get very good service. the bottom line i really Dr Augustin and highly recommend her

November 13th, 2013
horrible
first time going there...she was rude and running out the mouth to me very poor attitude...kept calling my daughter a little boy who looks nothing like a boy !!!!!!! i came home and switched doctors immediately !!!!!!!

September 7th, 2013
Easy to get an Appointment
I really like this office. I get in and out for follow up catch up shots. I barely have to wait 10 minutes when my son come in to get rest of it shots which is a catch up shots visit. I have to complain so far and Dr. Augustin is great period.

July 27th, 2013
My take of this office
I Usually do not write any reviews on anything or anyone. This time I think one is worth doing. I call the DestyOncare Pediatric office because my son was complaining of sore throat earlier today. The doctor picked up the phone and told me come right over because she will be leaving in hour. I never been in the office before but she was the assigned doctor on my son card. when I came in the doctor greeted me and gave me a straight forward registration form to complete and ask for my insurance card then right in the exam room I went. My wait from the waiting room to the exam room was less then five minutes. Shocking! In the room she was very nice to my son who was scared a little bit and did not want to open his mouth. Dr Augustin actually talk with him and made him feel relax. She looked in his mouth and diagnosis him with throat infection. She gave me the prescription and explain how to give him the medications etc. My total time in the office overall was 10-12 minutes max I really like the straight forward rapport I had with her and the in and out. I was blown away my the literally no wait time to see a doctor. I never had that such a short wait ever. By the way I know some people might be shock that the Doctor had picked her own phone, see register me in the front then also treat my son as well. In the old days that 's how it was-- close contact one had with the doctors-- not all this craziness we have today ( alot of waiting, handing down from one person to the next etc). So I wanted towrite this review so people will know my experience with this office and that I will recommend Dr. Augustin to anyone who is looking for great, quick pediatric care from an MD not a nurse practitioner etc

May 23rd, 2013
A happy mom...
I have been coming to Dr Augustin's office for over 4 years now with four of my children and I just love her. She is very sweet and approachable. she always return my call even if its 3am. Dr. Augustin is so nice with the kids- make them laugh, give them books and stickers after the visit. My children loves her as well. I glance at the other negative review and I laugh because I have not encounter any of these things.

May 3rd, 2013
Nice Office
I call the office as a new patient because my son needed refill on his ADHD meds. I got an appoint in les than 72 hours to see the doctor. I was told bring last record and medication history from the pahrmacy. My son was seen got her refill--that is convient and I really appreciated. Other office I pretty sure I would have to wait for months to be seen and my son would have not get his meds. Thank You

April 8th, 2013
Office Visit Experience
This is my 2nd visit to the office today. Dr. Augustin was in the Front Desk- Greet me nicely and ask me to come right in after I had sign in. I had appointment today to get my Child to catch up on her vaccines. The visit was very quick: my daughter got her shots and I was schedule for her next wellcheck Up. We were In and out-- very efficiency. The doctor was by herself but again very efficient did not have to wait much. I love it so far.

March 20th, 2013
Dissatified Parent
My experiences with Desty On Call and Dr. Augustin were usually unpleasant and unprofessional. There is always an issue with scheduling appointments and health concerns that I felt were important were not a priority and my children would have to wait weeks to be scheduled. Trying to get a referral is difficult and Dr. Augustin doesn't do well with follow up, even on the recommendations she makes. There is always a new receptionist that seems untrained and not very knowledgable on medical issues and doesn't offer much help when it comes to scheduling, referrals, etc...The office hours are not flexible at all and it is diffucult for working parents to bring their children in for sick visits. On a positive note, Dr. Augustin is good with the children and diagnosing illnesses and is attentative to the needs of her patients. However, her attitude towards parents is at times negative and curt.