Dr. Gerhard Cibis MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

November 7th, 2016
Sees both my children with eye diseases
We have been seeing Dr. Cibis since 2005 when a coworker had recommended him. My first child had been diagnosed to wear glasses at 6 months of age from another opthomologist but wanted a second opinion so I went to see Dr. Cibis. After watching him work and prescribing glasses, my daughter at six months was able to see. What he did was amazing! And to this day, he not only sees my daughter still, he sees my son as well. He is very thorough in his diagnosis and if you are not sure what he is telling you, ASK. I would not trust my children in any other eye doctor's care. We have had financial difficulties in the past and he and his staff have helped us to continue their care. Kudos to this man and his practice. He is a gem to little ones that cannot speak about what they see. Thank you, Doctor!

April 22nd, 2016
Dr Cibis and staff
I've see the staff for a while now. Very nice

April 15th, 2014
Worst experience ever! Not kid friendly.
I took my 4 year old here ( He has special needs) My son was shy and the staff made NO attempt to help make him comfortable. The nurse treated my son like he was a brat. The doctor came in and wanted to get right to looking at my son. My son is shy, and needed some time to warm up. The doctor was a total jerk, and spent about 15 minutes with us before throwing his hands in the air and saying another time. WE NEVER WENT BACK! I would never take a normal 4 year old here, let alone a 4 year old with special needs. Don't waste your time.

July 9th, 2013
Long Term Patient
I have been going to see Dr. Cibis for nearly 12 years. He is a good doctor who knows what he is doing. He has preformed a double vision surgery on me along with prescribing multiple pairs of glasses. I would highly recommend him. I have found his secretarial staff that checks people in before the appointment can be a bit moody but other then that the staff greets me by name and is friendly (the secretary is friendly most the time).

February 9th, 2013
Wait time is way too long. My child is 3 years old and entertaining her for over an hour is tough. Schedule less patients is probablya goid idea for this office.

January 24th, 2013
Dr. Cibis and his staff (besides Eric) suck! The staff is rude. Dr. Cibis said I needed surgery to fix my strabismis (double vision) which I did and he completely botched it. My eye was even more off center than before and had to have another eye surgery to fix it which they made me pay for. They said the issue fell within the guidelines of possible mistakes that can happen so they didn't offer me any financial relief. So now, I'm thousands of dollars out of money and my double vision is no better. When I told him this he said, "Don't look right." Wow! What a way to fix my issue doc. Yes, he did put my eye straight again (after messing up the first time) but now there is scar tissue covering half of the inner white of my eye. And that's permanent....unless I care to have another surgery.

September 27th, 2012
Independence Office...POOR
My experience dealing with this office(INDEPENDENCE OFFICE ) was about 3 months ago...If you're going there for contacts BEWARE...they basically insist that you need daily contacts which are so much more than the 2 wks. contacts...Even said that the price difference wasn't much at all... which you find out when you go to order the 1-day contacts are ALOT more...Dr was pleasant enough but staff wasn't...Only one I thought had any customer service skills was one of the receptionist named Mary...So if you HAVE to go there ask for Mary when u call for app.Otherwise go some place else.

August 20th, 2012
RUN
Was diagnosed with what could be life threatening. He told me to come back in one year. Worst staff I have ever encountered. I need my medical records and was told it would take ten days. The manager actually said they were too busy to make the copies and that was their policy. Life threatening and they can't even make a copy. RUN AWAY

September 28th, 2011
I scheduled an appointment for my son for a routine vision exam and ended up with a $500 bill!
I personally only have a bill of $50 but I thought that was odd because we have really good vision insurance and usually do not have to pay anything. So I called my insurance company and was told that they billed it as a medical exam for $500. When I called to speak with the business office at Dr Cibis' office about my bill the lady was very rude and condesendind. What had happened was we had noticed that one of my sons eyes may be turing in slightly. Well apparently that called for him to be seen by a 'specialist'. Which that would have fine if we would have been fully informed about this. Obviously, if you read the other reviews Dr. Cibis not only has a reputation for not informing his patients but also insurance fraud or at the least shady billing practices. I would recommend seeing another doctor.

May 4th, 2011
Very Professional and Informative
I disagree with many of these reviews. Dr. Cibis did not have poor bedside manners nor did his staff. Everyone was very friendly and answered all our questions. I will be following up with my regular eye doctor to discuss my result with Dr. Cibis.

August 31st, 2010
Dr. Cibis was able to diagnose my sons rare condition which I am thankful for. However, after 6 visits in two months and several hundreds of dollars in prescriptions it appeared this was going to be an ongoing issue for my son that would need a treatment plan. When the condition came back I called the doctors office to find out if I should start a treatment back up but I was told I would need to bring him in. This was not possible for several weeks due to other doctors appointments. When I did get to the appointment with Dr. Cibis and asked about getting a treatment plan, he was condescending and raised his voice to me and stated that he would need to see my son every time the problem occurred. After reading about others experience and the medicaid fraud this appeared to clarify my concerns on this issue. Several of my sons visits tool less than 10 minutes but we still paid our copay and insurance paid. Dr. Cibis office failed to keep track of prescriptions they had given my son to the point of implying I was lying about them giving my son one particular prescription. Once his medical condition was cleared they forgot about checking his vision and was planning a follow up for 3 months out. I had to remind them he was having vision problems which needed addressed as well and when checked my son ended up with a very strong prescription. All the experiences I have read here are what I experienced. Dr. Cibis only spends seconds with you...most the time is spent waiting. This is not a child friendly environment. Only one nurse ever had any interaction with my son. My opinion is Dr. Cibis is full of arrogance and cannot or does not want to appreciate what parents or children are dealing with.

July 26th, 2010
4 or 5 visits and my glasses are still incorrect. They only complain about how much time and money is being spent with me. Still cannot see correctly out of my glasses. Never had eyes dialated just jump in and do a letter visual test. A lot of my money spent, used up my sick leave for doctor appointments and lot of wear and tear, gas etc for travel to his office from out of town.