Dr. Germaine Hawkins DO Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

May 8th, 2017
I really enjoyed my first visit with him..... afterwards...
I really enjoyed my first visit with Dr. Hawkins. We had a plan in action and as a cash paying patient I wasn't able to come back right away but when I did come back I have seen nurse practitioners who have not had my file or or known any of the game plan that me and him originally talked about. I've requested to see him repeatedly cause every month when I go I'm still seeing NP who never have my file( this month it was two consecutive weeks )& it's like I'm going in for the first time all over again not getting any prognosis nor results. I've been seeing psychiatrist for the past 24 years but my last doctor is retired and I released my medical records yet my last visit I was being offered medications that I've already had to trial and error with 15 years ago. My medications that I've been on for years and finally had found A balance to where I can have a normal quality-of-life is listed through my MHMR records but for some reason I cannot get these medications here. I pay out-of-pocket because I want a more personal experience than MHMR gives now that my doctor is no longer there but I am not finding it here. Started out looking like a dream come true but I feel like a number in a heard of cattle. I like to feel comfortable and trust that my best interests is being looked out for not someone's opinion when they haven't even open my file. So the search for that special doctor who has time to see me is still under way.

May 30th, 2016
My time or my value as a person had zero meaning to these people
I saw Hawkins on the first visit; shook his hand and from there on in my meetings were with his P.A., who kept me waiting 1 1/2 hours on my last appointment. During that appointment, apparently she became spooked at the number of medications I take: for MS, Fibromyalgia, and Major Depressive Disorder. Even though I've been on these medications for years (and have been under her care for about a year) she told me I "was over medicated" and proceeded to slash all my meds in half or discontinued them. One month later, on the day of my next appointment, I received a call from the receptionist saying, "Don't bother coming in, you've been discharged from our services..." WHAT. That's it! No explanation! UNBELIEVABLE! If you value your time - don't waste it here!

August 10th, 2015
He's a great doctor; however, the rest of his staff is less than desirable. They ruin his good name.

February 25th, 2015
Disappointed
I went in as a new patient today and was expected to see a nurse practioner for my first visit, the ladies at the desk never told me when they made the appointment that I would not be seeing the the Doctor and that he wasn't even in the office that day! I was very reluctant to have anyone but the Doctor see me and will not be going back to this clinic!

December 21st, 2014
I just started seeing Dr. Hawkins and he is wonderful! He listens and really cares!!

February 13th, 2014
WORST office staff EVER
I have never seen Dr. Hawkins (I always saw Lynne Pompetti) but this office is the MOST unprofessional office staff I have ever had to deal with. They don't care about patients and in fact, I personally believe they find quite a bit of humor in pissing people off. The office manager flat out told me if I didn't like the way I was treated (left 20 messages for Lynne to call me since I was out of my meds) that I should find another doctor. Only good reviews I can give are about Lynne.

March 28th, 2013
Super Rude Staff
This the worst experience that I have ever had!! I have never in my life been treated as poorly as I was at this office. I will NEVER go back!!!

September 9th, 2012
Money hungry
Germaine Hawkins is a money hUngry. He is basically a legal drug dealer, charging exorbant prices and requiring you come in multiple times. He does not care about his patients just getting money.

April 2nd, 2012
Horrible!
I have been to this office several times and I have never been seen on time. The very last time I went, I waited an hour and finally went to the receptionist to tell her I was leaving because I was due at another appt I was not going to be late for and she asked me for my copayment!! I never got to see Dr. Hawkins himself (I never even knew what he even looked like until I saw him online), only his nurse practioner. They do not return phone calls, the one call I did recieve back was at 10pm!! They overbook people constantly and their office is incredibly disorganized and clueless. They have no problem scolding people for being late (I witnessed this with another patient and was stunned)but they have no problem disrespecting your time and taking your money. I don't understand the long waits considering you may be seen for a total of 10-15 minutes. Absolutely the WORST office I have ever been to!

January 31st, 2012
Dont expect to be seen on time
I have been to the office several times and each time I had to wait well over 1 hour. I have been trying to get a refill on my medication and was "assured we will call it in". Well, I my pharmacy still hasn't gotten a call. Do not use this doctor, the office is so disorganized. Today was the last time I will ever use this doctor.

October 6th, 2011
Dr. Do Little/very little
If you enjoy not getting your prescriptions filled, cancelling your appt several times with no notice, unprofessionalism, insurance issues, this is your Doctor. I dont feel he has the ethics to be a physician. Absolutely every time i had to contact or see him, there was a problem.

October 20th, 2010
not worth your time
I've been going to Dr. Hawkins for about a year and finally found a new psychiatrist - keeps you waiting at least an hour and a half every appoin ...