Dr. Gertrude Li MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Ann Arbor, MI

• Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2016
My daughter had Spinal Fusion for severe Scoliosis with her and I have to say the care is very rushed and poor! She said she sees over 50-60 patients a day. She does not have good bedside manner. My daughter has been in daily severe Periscapular Shoulder Blade pain every since surgery. She can no longer attend regular school due to the horrible pain!!! She did an X ray and says well her hardware is in place and fusion was a success. She said it was Bursitis and after an MRI (outside of U of M) we discovered she has a Pinched Long Thoracic Nerve and Tendenosis. However, Dr Li says their U of M radiologist says MRI is normal. She refuses to call me and I can only reach her nurse. She has since referred us to Physical Medicine to manage the pain because her job is done. I would not recommend Dr LI for care of your loved one!

June 24th, 2015
Not for us
I was not impressed with this dr at all. My daughter had an injury from a fall. Her bedside manner is as if she was bothered to be there. She only did a quick exam. Made some observations and seemed to be in and out within 10 minutes. The appt. took longer from the two other times we had to repeat the story to the students who were shadowing her. She seemed to be very uninterested. She also left us hanging with no real path to pursue. Then we were dumped on pediatric pain management, followed by rheumatology and sports medicine docs. Noone even thought to take an xray of a fall victim's back. Frustrated with her uncaring attitude. We wasted our time going to see her. We will never go back there.

July 31st, 2014
My physician at Michigan set me up with this doctor to talk about my scoliosis and treatment options. This was the second orthopedist I've seen at Michigan (the first retired). She was pretty careless and not the most pleasant. When she told me my condition wouldn't change anymore, I told her that the previous doctor had said the same thing when it had gotten worse and she said "well I wasn't here when that doctor was here and I'm not that doctor." Not to mention, of course, the condition got two times worse going against what she said. But, I will give her the benefit of the doubt, because maybe she does well with other conditions that have easier fixes- just not scoliosis.

October 13th, 2016