Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist, Dentist

Lsumc
1501 Kings Hwy
Shreveport, LA 71103
318-675-5000
Locations and availability (6)

|  Dr. Ghali is the best MD in this field - so deserving of a five star rating in all.  |  show details
by BarbIe G. on Jun 21st, 2013

Had two surgeries done by him, He totally does everything to perfection. You won't find a better surgeon than this gentleman.

|  BEWARE YOUR SURGERY MAY BE PERFORMED BY A RESIDENT  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2013

My son was referred to Dr. Ghali because he is considered to be one of the top oral surgeons in his field. Please beware that the surgery may be performed by one of the residents instead of Dr. Ghali. It is my belief that some surgeries are performed by Dr. Ghali and others are performed by the residents with his "supervision." After numerous complications and the lack Dr. Ghali's presence in the hospital post operatively I asked Dr. Ghali if he did the surgery or if his resident did the surgery? I was told by Dr. Ghali that "he did the surgery with the "assistance" of the resident." We drove a long distance numerous times to ensure my son was going to be treated by "one of the top surgeons in this field". I am very dissappointed that we were not made aware of the fact that "students/residents" would be performing the surgery. I have NEVER felt the need to write a negative review regarding health care. But as a mother and a healthcare professional myself I feel parents need to be aware of the potential for residents to be administering the care instead of the Dr. Ghali. Dr. Ghali performs surgeries at several different hospitals. Please research all the hospitals before determining which facility your surgery is scheduled with. I feel at least one of the hospitals is much more lienient on what the students/residents are allowed to do than some of the others. My son's experience has been an absolute nightmare. Time will tell if legal action will be required.

|  Mr  |  show details
by Kevin Phillips on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr Ghali completed a cleft surgery on my daughter when she was 3 months old. She was born with a bi-lateral cleft lip which caused feeding issues and subsequent weight lose. I can not say enough about Dr. Ghali's work and the results. Raven shows very little sign of having a cleft lip with minimal scare tissue. Other doctors often comment on the quality of work and care that was placed into Raven.

Jul 11th, 2012

I sought Dr. Ghali Ghali out because of his reputation as the top Maxillofacial surgeon in our area. My main concern was that I only saw him once - for about 1 minute while he administered the medicine to put me under. In all my visits I saw only residents, and I'm not even sure if he did the procedure. His residents were all really great though.

|  horrible  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

Walk in with a terrible toothace, told by staff that if I had facial swelling or an abscess that I could be seen, doctor walks in barely checks me out and tells me to "CALL BACK IN 6 MONTHS AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT"... The guy didnt even notice my abcess till I mentioned it and still wouldn't help me. Im still in terrible pain and no one at that place could care less....

Mar 6th, 2012

I had to have reconstructive surgery on my face after my eye socket and cheekbone where shattered. I am still amazed at how well it came out. There are no visible scars and you would never be able to tell that I had such severe damage to my face. Dr. Ghali is a an extremely talented man and I'd recommend him to anyone!

Dec 6th, 2011

Dr Ghali is a great dr however his staff is a different story. They are rude and cannot bill insurance correctly. My child had surg 1 year ago and has had to have 2 add surg b/c of complications.

|  Cleft Palate  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

My daughter was born with a cleft palate and has been seeing Dr. Ghali since birth!! She recently had her first repair and i could not be more pleased with the results! As a first time mother i went in with the weight of the world on my shoulders, he has always treated my daughter as if she's his only patient which says a lot!!! Overall very satisfied, AMAZING & TALENTED oral surgeon!

|  Outstanding, Caring Physician  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2011

I have had the most outstanding experiences with this excellent Doctor. He is very caring and explains everything so well. It doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from he is going to treat you with the upmost dignity. He performed surgery on me for sleep apnea and it was the most successful surgery. I wish I had had the surgery years ago, I slept the first night after the surgery and have ever since. If you have the opportunity to need treatment then please consider Dr. Ghali. You won't be sorry.

|  Shirley Clark  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

I consider Dr. Ghali and Dr. Kim some of the best doctors on the planet. They were wonderful to me before, during, and after my surgery. They are very caring, and I couldn't have expected any more from them. I'm so glad I was referred to them!

|  Dr. Ghaliis a miracle worker  |  show details
by OMR 94 years old on Oct 21st, 2010

His work is perfection, but he is slow. Maybe a more accurate term is thorough.