Oncology Specialist (cancer), Neurological Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Martins Ferry
92 N 4th St
Ste 18
Martins Ferry, OH 43935
412-623-6910
Locations and availability (11)

|  Two back-to-back failed back surgeries  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2014

My first surgery on L4 five Fusion and one month later I had to go back and have it operated on me again I was supposed to have a 2 to 4 inch incision and ended up being 20 inches long! Hospital stays 3 to 4 days I was in there eight days. At the end of the eight days I still could not walk he sent me home anyways He kept me comatose on DeLawton and hydro-morphine for four days I was in so much pain ! He had to of cut every muscle in my back For a very very small procedure! Three weeks later I had my wife take me off at the emergency ER Which is three hours from my house I still could not walk without a walker And I cannot feel my feet !! They took me and he operated immediately again The man Stapled me back up before he was finished with my operation he only did half of it And then lied on the report so he would not get in trouble! It has been just over two years And I had to have a Third back operation by a wonderful doctor That went in and completely fixed the hack job that was done to me And because of The first two Surgeries that were screwed up my whole lower lumbar is Fused now connected to my hips. And when all that was done I only had three days in the hospital and a scar half as long as it took the first dock to do one little fusion!!!!

|  Regarding nurses who call you back  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2013

Call back nurses---As a review further down states about making patients feel you have time for them,.. please take this into consideration as well. We understand you may be in a hurry..probably from stress, but patients are really in pain, are trying to function to perform their FT jobs, to take care of their tiny children, and we have feelings. We must be going through a serious illness, or he would not be our surgeon, which is a hard enough blow to take. We are people. You can take a sec. to talk to us, & not treat us LIKE A NUMBER. There is no need to get short with us...as below states,.. we are the reason you have a job. We cannot help what we have, nor do we want to have it at all. I wish I never had to even enter any doctor's office. If you cannot remain friendly, and have an extra second, maybe the nursing field isn't for you. Dr. Bejjani is checking his watch as you speak, but that is somewhat understandable with his knowledge, the surgeries he performs, and amount of people he sees. I have noticed he remains friendly...I wish I could say the same for the nurse that made me feel like crap today. :(

|  Surgery  |  show details
by Kim Torzok on Dec 6th, 2013

Dr bejjani is a very excellent Dr. He recently replaced my c-6 c-7 discs. He explained the procedure very well. I had my surgery nov 18 th 2013. And I am pain free. I am so grateful for him. I had been living with the pain for over a year. I would recommend his professionalism to anyone. I am very satisfied.

Nov 7th, 2013

His files are currently being reviewed at UPMC for discrepancies in his post operative reports. my husband has been through two surgeries with him and it turns out he didn't even complete his back surgery and lied in the report..

|  Arnold Chiari Malformation Patient.  |  show details
by Debbie Bristol on Aug 15th, 2013

Dr. Bejjani and his staff, are very caring. They talk to you not at you, and are well informed about Arnold Chiari Malformation. It is worth the trip to see him.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2013

Dr. Bejjani was the fifth neurosurgeon I saw. The first four couldn't or didn't diagnose that I had Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (NPH) even though I now know I had all the classic symptoms. Dr. Bejjani diagnosed my condition in less than five minutes! Hr then laid out a complete treatment plan, sent me for tests, did the surgery, and, inserted the VP shunt. After the second shunt adjustment, he told me that the shunt was failing and that revision surgery would be needed. I appreciated his candor and honesty immensely. Since the revision, I've begun to make good progress, and I need to see him only for the adjustments. For those patients who find him impatient or nonresponsive to questions, I can strongly advise that you WRITE YOUR QUESTIONS DOWN. Then you'll find he will take the time to answer each one thoroughly. He is a very busy man, and you're going to see him because of his amazing professional expertise, not to make a new friend (although I find him to be a very nice person as well). He's a thorough professional. Appreciate your good fortune in finding him!

|  spine fusion  |  show details
by Brock D on Mar 11th, 2013

was very nice explaned everything so i new want he was going to do i will go back to him if i ever need to thank you dr Benjjani my L5 S1 fusion is heeling fine

Jan 18th, 2013

I found Dr. Bejjeni to be personable and knowledgible. He was responsive to getting the appropriate testing done to find the problem. Still in the process but am happy with the choice so far.

|  Frustrated patient  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

Dr. has no bedside manner. Doesn't seem like he wants to give you the time of day to answer questions that you may have. Gets easily irritated if you keep him in the room longer then a minute. He may be very good at the surgeries he performs, but after being with him for your first appointment, you feel like finding another dr. because of how rude and arrogant he is. WE are the reason he has a job.

|  MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE .....  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

Tommasso Gennocki highly recommend him to anybody whom really has a spinal complication of any type, AND BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME IF YOU ARE FAKING A INJURY ! ...Yes , he is that good and he doesn't fool around, he performs as many medical tests and MRI's as needed before he will do anything ! ... He also believes after his surgery that you will not need any medications , So don't go there ! .... If he performes surgery, he will tell you all is well when he's done ! This man has guided me through some very tough times. GOD BLESS HIS SOUL ! .....I have all the respect in the world for this Dr... He listens and spends time with his patients , He will do what it takes to get you comfortable, unfortunately for me, we are still seeking that comfort zone ! But that is only due to significant spinal stenosis which is something which comes naturally and nothing stops it ! ... So he is just working with me to try to comfort my situation !\

|  Super doctor  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

There was no doubt from the beginning that we wanted this doctor to do the surgery on our back. The outcome was better than expected and it is great being able to walk and stand straight without pain. Words cannot express our joy and satisfaction.

|  Waste of time  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

He was with me all of 2 minutes. He did not ask my symptoms nor did he pull up my MRI to show me my films. He just said Chairi was not my problem. He touched a few places on my body on both sides and asked me if they felt the same with out even giving me a chance to answer. I would not recommend this doctor if you have any questions at all because they will not be answered. He has the bedside manner of a toad!

|  everyone has back pain...  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2011

did not care for his cocky attitude. waited an hour to see him, maybe got 6 minutes of his time...

May 10th, 2011

Completely professional, knowleadgable, and friendly. The best staff, doctor, and medical group I have experienced. Would highly reccomed them.

|  Highly recommend...  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

I had researched Dr. Bejjani for months before i decided to see him. My appointment was prompt and the staff, especially lauren, was very nice. Dr. Bejjani has a very nice bedside manner. He smiled at me and read the list of questions i had brought with me as he answered them . I feel he did not spend enough time with me but i told him i had no more questions, but i actually did, i just couldnt think of them because he had just told me i needed surgery. He talks fast but i dont think he meant to rush me. I am VERY comfortable with Dr. Bejjani and am very impressed with his knowledge and accomplishments of my particular malformation, which know one else seems to have. They are professional and Very nice people. Im a so glad that i made the appointment with him! I highly recommend this doctor.

Jan 30th, 2011

HI MY NAME IS BECHIR AND I'M SURE,THIS DOCTOR IS THE GREATEST DOCTOR WHO I MET,EXCELLENT IN HIS PROFFESSION,HUMANIST,GENEROUS,....

|  My son  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

My overall experience was excelent. He was very considerate since we travel from Puerto Rico to meet him. He was kind and he did answer all my question. He is an excelent doctor, I recommend him.

|  My mom is alive today because of Dr. Bejjani  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2010

Dr Bejjani removed 95% of a malignant glioblastoma tumor from my mom. He was straight forward about how serious this was. She came through surgery great. On follow up he recommended she take the avastin/cpt-11 treatment or the tumor would definately return stating this is what he would do if this was his mom. Had he not said this we would of went with the standard protocal from the oncologist not knowing any better. She has been on the avastin/cpt11 for 19 months and no sign of the tumor! he did think she had 9-12 months to live, but thankfully he was wrong about that its now been 2 years!

|  Laurie Barger  |  show details
by Laurie B. on Apr 12th, 2010

Dr. Bejjani operated and removed my brain tumor in June, 2009. Every visit I had with him, before and after the surgery was done in a professional manner. I would recommend him and I have. He is a great doctor and person.

|  Heather M.  |  show details
by Heather M. on Mar 5th, 2010

In 2001 I had 2 surgeries for an acoustic neuroma (golf ball sized). Dr. Bejjani and his staff have done a lot for me. After the two surgeries they could not get all of the tumour because of some complications, he wanted me to have gamma knife. He and Dr. Kondizolka told the head of the dept., who wanted me to have another surgery fist that my body would not take it, and they did the gamma knife. As to the comments that he would not take any time or listen to their problems, I do not know the situation, but when after 5 1/2 years when another brain tumor I had started to grow, he put his arm around me and told me it would be ok and he would help me with whatever option I decided on. I opted for gamma knife, but if I ever have to have surgery again he will be the one.

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
by Debbie K. on Mar 4th, 2010

I took my daughter to see Dr Bejjani after being told by a friend that she had symptoms of Chiari Malformation. Not only did he recognize the symptoms immediately, but ordered that testing be done to confirm his diagnosis. He did not "jump" into surgery, but took a conservative approach to treating my 16 year old. When that proved fruitless, he performed the decompression surgery. His caring and concern mean the world to us.

|  Your time means nothing to me as I am a GOD  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2009

Mother in need of a 2 minute procedure to adjust a shunt which is done after first obtaining an MRI before the appointment. Bejjani walked in to the room grunted a hi to me, whom he had never seen before and proceeded to state: I do not do adjustments this late in the day, and I have an airplane to catch. You will have to come back next week It was 11AM and we had been sitting in his waiting room for about 1 hour after the MRI.Because Mom also complained about pain in the neck, he immediately pickup on that as an excuse to come back next week and this time the MRI will include the neck. The reality of the situation was he was running late and had a plane to catch for the long Thanksgiving weekend. He did not care that I flew in from Florida to bring Mom to the appointment.This was a sham as next week came and he didnt spend 15 seconds with the MRI and never looked at the X-rays. He stated there is nothing wrong with her neck, and he will send her to a shoulder specialist. He also flatly refuse her request for pain medications even after she stated she had none nor has had any for quite some time and is in terrible pain. He told her to go see her GP.Mom is 84 and not looking for recreation medications by the way. The Shunt adjustment took less than 2 minutes, something he could have done the week before.I will not comment on his surgical skill, obviously he has helped a lot of people, but what I am commenting on is his follow-up, and bed side manors and consideration for the people who transport the patient to him.

by Helen Rhine on Aug 3rd, 2009

Dr. Bejjani performed surgery on my father for two different strokes and provided my family with a feeling of compentence and caring. We had full confidence in his skills and follow up care.

|  not willing to listen  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2009

would not take time to listen to me and because my case was not cut and dry he didnt want to help me find my problem,went to another doctor who found my problem with one x-ray.treated me with no respect and made me feel like a bother not a patient.no one can believe the way he talked to me or treated me.his one nurse was just as mean as him.

|  Connie  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2009

Caring, compassionate and calm. From all I heard about him before and during my hospital stay, from hospital staff, nurses, associates, he is a respected individual who knows his stuff. I felt informed and confident in his care. I would refer him without a doubt.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Don L. on Mar 15th, 2009

Doctor Bejjani is the best doctor that I have ever met. His diagnosis, surgery skills, and follow=up are the BEST ever. I would reccomend him to anyone who was in need of his services!

|  Fine Doctor.....  |  show details
by Robert Smith on Feb 23rd, 2009

As of,Feb 22,2009Iam now one week post spine neck surgery....Dr Bejjani is a caring person who gives me hope that my condition will improve but will take time.Once I mentioned to him that this disease is going to get the best of me...His reply without hesitation was NO...we will beat this.....In closing I highly reccommend Mr Bejjani as a MD but also as a very caring individual.....Robert Smith

|  Saved my vision  |  show details
by Lynn on Jan 26th, 2009

He is the most caring doctor I've come across. He takes great care with your family as well. I owe my vision to him.Love him!

|  AWESOME!!  |  show details
by Paula E. on Sep 9th, 2008

I don't know where I'd be without Dr. Bejjani. He continues to go above and beyond for my care. Love....love....love him as my doctor. You will too.

|  Dr. Bejjani was my life saver, my angel.  |  show details
by Heather Matty on Jul 22nd, 2008

I went to two other renound hospitals and told that my tumor was not operable and that nothing could/should be done. Dr. Bejjani told me surgery was possible and told me the posssible side affects and encouraged me to make the decision about the surgery. I had the surgery 5 years ago nad i am doing better then I ever expected. Unfortunately, I moved to anoyher state and Dr. Bejjani gave me a referral for follw up andI still know if I need his opinion he would still be there for me. I am forever thankful for his work. I hohgly reccomend him for others looking for another opinion.