Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Northeast Pensacola
Sacred Heart Medical Group
1549 Airport Blvd
Ste 340
Pensacola, FL 32504
850-416-2340
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Dr.  |  show details
by Erika C on Feb 6th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Issa after completely being missed diagnosed by another endocronoligist and feeling helpless. I know that something was wrong but I didn't know what it was. Dr. Issa took the time to listen to what I was feeling, to all my symptoms, and to all my concerns. He took the time to ask questions and pointed to out things that I had not even thought about. Like, how much was I sleeping, and how much I really part of my condition. Dr. Issa ordered all the scary tests, and put me at ease because I knew that he was going to follow up and that we were going to have a plan. I have been seeing Dr. Issa now for 3 years. He has always maintained a professional and courteus relationship with me and I feel great. I do find that making appointments at the begining of the day is always easier to get it and out on time. I also know that he is such a great doctor that I have to make an appointment well in advance but I don't mind because I value his expertise.

Feb 3rd, 2014

A visit with this doctor is a total waste of time. First, it took almost 3 months to get appointment. Second, getting a prescription refill is a long long process since this office refuses to answer the pharmacy. Third, his diagnosis was accurate, but that's because I told informed him what it was and what I needed. Fourth, his manner is simply just kind of rude. Fifth, after the hour wait at off I finally made it back to see Dr. only to continue waiting to be seen which took all of 3 minutes when it happened. Go somewhere else if you can!

by Bel K on Jan 8th, 2014

Dr Issa, and I use the term doctor loosely here, is the absolute worse man I have ever had the displeasure of meeting! He refused to listen to symptoms, refused to read or acknowledge printed blood result proof of illness. He is seriously threatened by an informed patient ! He is rude, condescending and has a "god" complex! Had the nerve to tell me I wasted his time, that there is nothing wrong with me and to get out of his office! Then had the nerve to schedule a follow up appt for me. I cancelled, and am begging anyone reading this, file complaints and avoid this person!

|  Awful awful awful.  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

The wait time was awful, saw him for 5 mins for more blood work. Can't get back in for 3 months. And he's a jerk.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Christopher M on May 12th, 2013

Dr. Issa is awesome. Extremely intelligent and knew all about my rare CDI He got right to the point, learned about my history, current meds and immediately starting working on what was most important that no other doctor picked up on. Three extremely critical problem areas were diagnosed and corrected. I feel wonderful. Each visit he is very thorough and completely checks me over. He is very detailed and answers all of my questions and makes sure I understand what the drugs will do to me. I wouldn't go any where else. He takes care of the major issues and checks to makes sure there is nothing new to be concerned with.

|  Dr. Issa is great. His staff is awful!!  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

Been a patient for years but within last 1.5 the staff he has is rude, inconsiderate and lazy.

|  I was in the dark  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr Issa set me straight and nailed my meds the first time to control my diabetes.

Feb 20th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Issa for 6 years for a pituitary tumor. The majority of the time, I am forced to see a nurse practitioner instead. I am constantly left with questions unanswered and my symptoms being ignored. I feel he has little regard for his patients. His practice seems to be more concerned about making money than giving his patients the care they deserve. Every time I experience symptoms including migraines, vision loss, fatigue, weight gain, depression, etc, they are simply written off without an explanation or an attempt to further investigate them. The staff never notifies me of the results of my bloodwork. An entire month passed, and even after I inquired about my results, I didn't receive a phone call until the next week. I have been experiencing symptoms for 2 months and I am being forced to wait another 2 before I can be seen. My tumor is affecting my vision to the point where it blacks out. I have expressed this, but it has been written off as nothing serious. I am having to wait 2 months for an appointment before my medication can be prescribed, when it could very easily be mailed to me within a week. Every appointment I make has a 3 month wait. Perhaps he is better with his patients who suffer from diabetes. As for as treatment pituitary tumors, I feel that I am more informed than he is.

Nov 13th, 2011

run don't walk from this practice and if you are in a wheel chair roll away as quickly as possible. he just plain does't give a flying mother duck about his patients or at least tis is my oopinion. perhpoas it's just his medicare/medicaid pattients.i saw him only once the tenure of my visits which encompassed 3 years and during the visits only saw a nurse practitiner although my medicare summary sttatements showed his charge as well as the nurse's fee.i developed a tumor and was in for a visit this month and after waiting over 3 1/2 hours never got to see him, was rolled back to mid-station for bp check (189/95)finger-stick and then left alone in exam room for several l hjours and no one checking on me. i was having chest pains and was already concerned about a tumor and had been advised i needed to see dr issa . this time i asked for an appointment with him as after 3 years of never getting toactually see this 'god', i was told by phone receptionist if i asked for an appootment with him, i would get one. nice to find out.sue to unavoidable circumstances, i was 15 minutes late and after a hiatus of over a year i thought it odd that no one asked for updatein medical informatin. some of the other patients in the crowded waitring room had appointment scheduled way before mine so i figured all would be okay. they took every patient who came in except me and i was making a remark to my driver when i heard a nurse behind me who was calling the patient who had arrived adfter i had, say well you are ging to be seen last as u were late. (ths is his new nurse as the former nurse never would have humiliated any of her patients in such a way) these other patients , some who must walked thrugh the door, were seen first due to my shameful act of arriving a few minutes late and which were unavoidable, one being the deiver could not find a parking space and as there is no patientr transport or valet parking, it is difficult to maneuver wheel chairs when a driver is ttrolling for a rare parking space.they could have let me know i needed to reschedule, but they did not. i sat alone in the exam room and by 6:15 pm (my apnt was at 315) i found only one person still there who i discovered later was the office manager. i explained my driver had to get back and that he could not drive at night and it was dark. i also had a contrator at my house who expected me back. i told her i couldn't stay any longer and left.the next day i phoned her to discuss what had happened and a few days later received a patient discharge notice via certified mail. i have contacted the administratin of the medical group and i advise all of his disgruntled patients to do likewwise, although the person i spoke with seemed detached and usggested i "get help" to cope"--was she meaning to imply that when issues a complaint ahainst one of their doctors that they need to be sated by talking with another professional to sooth our feelings?disgusting, disappointing, disastrous.

|  Do not care for this doc!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

Took forever to get in and be seen for 5 mins or less! One good thing, I did listen to him and got a total thyroidectomy to discovered cancer. He wants me to get radiation but spend less than 5 mins...do not like to answer questions, always in a hurry, do not explain anything well or seems to care for that matter.

|  FILED A FRAUDELENT DIAGNOSIS TO EXTRACT MORE MONEY FROM MY INSURANCE  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

Dr Issa filed our insurance under multiple diagnosis & filed two claims stating false information & conditions which the patient was not being seen for. Our insurance caught them & sent a letter asking if this was correct & we called and reported him.

|  doesn't seem to care about patients  |  show details
by Ben on Jan 3rd, 2011

I had a few appointments with Dr. Issa, where I brought in my blood sugar counts, but they were on the wrong stationary because he had not given me the right stuff yet. Instead of taking and using my blood sugar results, or even putting them in my file, he threw them in the trash. The next time I came in, he accused me of never giving him my blood sugar readings and when I told him of all of this he told me that it was my fault and that he couldn't "properly diagnose my problems" without my blood sugar results. Due to all of this I was not able to get a medical release for my driver's license (which he conveniently lost as well) and now I am in danger of losing my job.

|  Mr. James Cameron  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2010

He was very professional and highly knowledgeable.

Oct 5th, 2009

Find another doctor, this guy could care less.

Sep 30th, 2009

Poor excuse for a doctor.

|  This man is not caring or sympathetic!  |  show details
by Karen on Feb 25th, 2009

I had test results from another dr that showed a hormone deficiency. This quack rolled his eyes and said they were not his results and he dismissed them. Despite having 99 percent of the symptoms for deficiency of this hormone (which keep in mind, had already been proven in a blood test), he pretty much told me to go home and I'll be fine. Okay, but I haven't been fine for four years! Now what?

|  didn't care  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2008

abrupt and detatched manner, seemed to think my symptoms were not endocrine despite repeated abnormal test results, no sympathy expressed for my situation, no explaination of why some test results "counted" and some didn't, no final diagnosis, no follow up after final tests, no treatments suggested, have left to find a more supportive doctor