Dr. Giancarlo Ferruzzi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 8 reviews

May 1st, 2015
he is nice and he helps me

April 6th, 2013
Dr. Ferruzzi is a very compassionate doctor. My son has been under his care for about over 10 years, and still remains with him. Dr. Ferruzzi has helped my son thru out the years, and I have had him hospitalized quiet a few times during his childhood, his last hospitalization was back in 2011, and he's be under control ever since. He still takes his meds, but Dr. Ferruzzi has always listened to my son and has always encouraged him. A lot of doctors just right out the prescriptions and tell you to follow with them in a couple of months. Dr. Ferruzzi has always made himself available to us, no matter what time its been. He returned my phone calls, late at night and I never heard him get upset for calling him. I don't understand why some family members can bad mouth this doctor. My son was a handful and yes he even threatened Dr. Ferruzzi once, and he put my son in his place but after my son apologized and saw his error that Dr. Ferruzzi only wanted his safety and the best treatment for him, doctor accepted him back in his care. Yes, my son has a mental illness, but he has learned to deal with his illness and has realized that in the long run he is only harming himself when he gets out of control or if he doesn't stay on his meds. Two years of staying on his meds and no hospitalizations. So I say, thank you Lord, for placing Dr. Ferruzzi on our path and please continue to bless him for us and also Angela, his front office miracle worker. Cause she has helped us in so many ways, that you can not imagine. She even bought my son his high school graduation suit. We love Dr. Ferruzzi and also Angela. I have seen the change in my son, under his care and I will always be grateful to him, because he cared about my son.

March 26th, 2013
Best Child Psychiatrist San Antonio
Doctor Ferruzzi has done a great job with our child. I appreciate his ability get down to the challenges and give us a plan that has our child's best interest as the primary focus. Thank you Dr. Ferruzzi, in my opinion you are the best and we are glad to have you help us.

June 26th, 2012
Coward
I asked to meet personally with the Dr. about my childs attempt of suicide while she was supposed to be in his care, needless to say I have never seen or heard personally from him. He told my 12 year old daughter that it wasn't her parents dission to say that she was well and request that she should stay in treatment it was his dission only! How can anyone know a person in less than 3 days tell her parents nothing was wrong and they had no say so about how long she needed treatment! Needless to say we are looking for a more responsible Dr. now and our daughter was just dismissed from his care yesterday from Laral Ridge. Yes you Coward my daugter is not anywhere close to being well and you aren't even MAN enough to speak face to face as requested at your convenince, Toby Mathis is my name look in my childs records for my infomation

December 19th, 2011
Staff very courteous and professional. The doctor very nice, polite and very professional overall great service from begining to end of appointment

October 14th, 2011
Good diagnostician
Friendly, professional, insightful. Gives relevant , easy to understand information for patient.

May 12th, 2011
Very Rude Staff
Your front office personnel is very rude and acts like a bully. This undeserving to your patients and their family members. The fact that you allow that with your type of practice makes you unfit for what you do!

September 24th, 2010
Outstanding physician!
Dr. Ferruzzi is an extremely caring physician and I would recommend him highly to anyone needing pediatric psychiatric care.