Dr. Gil Farkash MD Patient Reviews

3.1

February 23rd, 2015
I could have died!
I was 8 weeks pregnant when I began spotting, throwing up, and feeling extreme abdominal pain. My husband called the doctor at about 9:30 PM to explain the symptoms. The doctor told him I was probably having a miscarriage and there is nothing they could do. He said I should come to my ultrasound appointment already scheduled for the next day, and to go to the ER if I "really couldn't stand the pain." Although the pain was excruciating, I waited until the next day because he had said there is "nothing we can do" for a miscarriage. Well, when I went in for my ultrasound, the technician took one look and called 911 for an ambulance to take me to the hospital. She said I had "a belly full of blood" caused by a tubal pregnancy. My fallopian tube was rupturing. For those who do not know what that means, it is a deadly situation to be in. I lost my baby and my fallopian tube that day, but I am lucky I didn't lose my life. I promptly switched doctors and would never take a shady over the phone diagnosis again!

March 5th, 2013
Disappointed
Was a patient of Farkash for a few years. He was good initially, but seemed to change once relocating to Orchard Park.  My last visit was a few years ago. My concerns were not respected, and Dr Farkash was dismissive to my complaints. After being rushed out the office, my suspicions were confirmed. I saw another Dr who eventually did surgery to relieve the pain I was experiencing.  In between all of this, my daughter (18) went to him for her first gynecological exam.  When Dr Farkash arrived in the room, he told her that there was no need for an exam because she wasn't sexually active.  What I now and understand, is that this is not true.  She should have been examined.  I would also mention that his staff is exceptionally rude (except for the elderly woman at the front desk).  I was traveling out of town and had some unusual bleeding in  my urinary tract. . The nurse on the phone was extremely rude and literally laughed at me when I expressed concern at her callous comments. Well, I sent the good doctor a letter voicing my concern ... and if anyone hears from him, let me know, because I sure didn't. Rude and discourteous. Don't waste your time,