Family Physicians

3200 S Alma School Rd
Ste 204
Chandler, AZ 85248
480-814-1100
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

• Currently 2.4827586206897 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Great experience every time..  |  show details
by Brittany on Aug 17th, 2013

This office is great I can get in same day if I need to. They are all so compassionate and understanding. Wait time is short only about 10-20 mins max. It's nice to have a doctor who honestly cares about you and looks into your symptoms and doesn't just write a Rx and send you on your way. I read some of the reviews and people don't understand good patient doctor care. You have to have some respect for your doctor and his job. You can't go over every little thing in one visit he has to see other patients too. And copays really people a copay is a contract with you and your insurance that you chose to have. I respect my time, my doctors time, and the patient he had to see after me. 2 issues at one visit is with any doctor. I've been going here a year and a half and I'm very happy!!

Sep 11th, 2012

Doctor Holland and his staff are attentive and caring. They take the time to make sure your needs are met. The office is clean and comfortable.

|  Never again  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

I have had bad experiences me and my son. The final straw was when he told me my sons appendix burst and we had to rush him to the hospital and found it was just a stomach virus.

|  Dissatisfied patient  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

I don't get sick very often so I didn't put a high priority on my primary care. I have been going for well woman checks every year and have been there for a few problems here and there. They will draw blood tests and make you come back for a second appointment to review them without even knowing the results. This screams, I want more money. Went back for review and he didn't even talk about them, only to say they were "normal". I've been feeling "off" lately, extremely tired and I have a family history of hemachromatosis, I trust him so little I ordered my own lab work. It looks like I have it and am in search of another Dr. He might have started out with the right agenda, but to me he seems like he totally doesn't care. He doesn't listen to concerns of mine when they are brought up.

|  Dr. Holland doesn't call his patients back  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

Gimme a break. This guy is terrible. I have been a patient of his for over 6 years and he won't even return my calls.

Nov 20th, 2011

This doctor take his time to see patient, long waiting to see him. He will not do more than he wants to. I am not going to see his

|  hospital worker  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

DR. Holland was told by myself, that he is behind for visiting me by abnout 40 min. I think he is lazy know. I am wonder he is still looking for new patients. I will no longer like to see his again

|  Declining Practice  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

As others have commented, Dr. Holland's practice was professional and competent. For whatever reason, he no longer has a PA, wait times are unacceptable, and Dr. Holland rarely spends more than a few minutes with the patient. The last straw was the last appointment my elderly mother had with Dr. Holland. The doctor said he would be right back, that he had to check something. He never returned to the exam room. When I asked when he was coming back to finish his appointment with my mother, we were told "the doctor isn't coming back. He's with another patient." His office staff are incredibly rude. I no longer can recommend Dr. Holland.

Aug 4th, 2011

I went in for a physical and was charged the $15 co pay and $15 for the paper work for the physical. I thought that was all it would cost as that is all that was collected. I then got a bill for another $80. I tried to call them and work with them but they did not care about what I had to say. Doctor is good but billing and office is the worst and unethical. My Family has been a with them for years as a patient and they will loose us all over $80. Its not the $80 its the principal of it and how they work with people. Very disapointed with them.

|  Give Fair Reviews  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

It is important to note that in most cases the people who rate service providers are folks who for some reason are not happy with their service. People who are happy with service will often not bother to comment. From my experience, this doctor is not as bad as the reviewers make him out to be. Yes, the wait could be shortened, but that is not atypical for doctors in the Phoenix Met area...we just have too many patient chasing a few doctors. He could spend a little more time with patients also, but again that come from him trying to shorten the wait times and see the next patient.

|  Great, Caring Doctor and Friendliest Staff Ever!  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

I have been to numerous family practice clinics in the valley and this practice is by FAR the best I have been to. Dr. Holland is very knowledgeable, caring and understanding. I have also seen his nurse practitioner Laura Leal who is awesome. These providers truly care about my healthcare and well being. The office staff is so friendly... they make me feel like family each time I have an appointment. I am always able to get in for same day appointments when my kids are sick and have had any problems scheduling.I highly recommend this practice... you will not be disappointed int he care you receive.

|  Poor Service  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

I dislike how this doctor manages medicine. You need to schedule an appointment to have them order you a blood test which they do on-site. Then you have to go see him again to get the results. That is 2 co-pays just for getting a RX refill. Most doctors will either refill or call you with the results. They will also contact your pharmacy with a new RX. I am leaving this doctor for someone else.

|  I'm never going back!  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

I wish I had seen this website before going to Dr. Holland. Routinely waiting an hour or more is completely unacceptable and there is never an apology. He spends more time typing into his computer than looking at you. He's in and out within minutes (which makes me wonder why I waited an hour to see him??)orders blood work then makes you come back and pay for an office visit, wait and hour, just to be told they are fine. His nurse practitioner is no better. An hour wait for a nurse practitioner?? I don't think so. She has no bed side manner either. I have been to his office at least 4 times either for myself or my kids and the wait has never been less than an hour. His follow up is horrible (or non existant). I will never go back. I only wish I had read these reviews before I went to him in the first place.

Dec 20th, 2010

Just don't do it. Seriously. The experience with Dr. Holland, his office, and his nurse practioner was unbelievable bad. 1 hour wait for first appointment. No greeting or self intro to patient. Nonexistent office decor. 1 1/2 hour wait for second appointment (I thought I might have gotten them on a bad day). Got my personal contact and seriously important medical details completely wrong. Gave me prescription meds later with almost no exam (not a plus for me, sorry) I wish I had seen a review like this. So yeah, don't do it.

|  Bad Bed side manner.. money vs caring  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2010

Dr Holland is not a dr i would recommend when i went for my visit i had no more than a 2 min. conversation.. he didnt let me tell him much all he did was ask a few questions and typed into his computer. I had a swollen ankle pain in my knees and my elbows never felt the locations to see what i was feeling. Only gave me a prescrition and asked to get blood work. When the results came in he wanted to charge $30 for an office visit to give results and refused to provide me with results over the phone. I feel like a number and that money only matters not the well being of the patient.. NEVER Again..

by Poorly treated patient on Jul 9th, 2010

This is my worst experience so far. Dr Holland gave me the wrong medication which resulted me to go to the emergency room. He did not care to follow up with me afterwards and his office manager is the worst, meanist person to deal with. What a practice!!! they need to go out of business before hurting another patient like me.

|  Condescending and unprofessional  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2010

I have only seen Dr. Holland a few times. The last time, he was very condescending, would not listen to me, and stormed out of the examining room. He was not very professional.He, and his staff, also sent out incorrect prescriptions (for seizure medication) to my mail order pharmacy (CVS/Caremark), and also to my local pharmacy.I will not go back and will file a complaint.

|  Overall Review  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2010

I'm a nurse and fairly young & healthy. MD is nice but had to wait to long to see him. Didn't write scripts correctly, error wasn't huge but still was an error. Won't be returning

|  Caring, Empathetic doctor and staff  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2010

Doctor took all the time necessary to make sure I understood the information he was giving me and what I needed to do. Followed up in two weeks and didn't even have to review chart (like most bozos) to remember my issue and reassess. Staff is awesome too.

|  Run while you can  |  show details
by Used to be a paitent on Oct 10th, 2009

So our family moved to AZ 3.5 years ago, so we needed to find a new doctor. We found Dr holland and was very happy when we started going to see him. The wait time was usually about 10 min. The office staff was great and professional. For some reason he started loosing his assistants and office staff to the point where wait times are 1 hour plus and the office staff is out right rude to you and sometimes you can not even get a same day appointment even if your kids are sick. He cares more about doing Botox at his office than having a family practice. I am now looking for a new doctor and will NEVER go back.

|  Terrible experience with this doctor  |  show details
by mimiy2k on Sep 15th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Worst experience I have EVER had with a medical office. I would not recommend this guy to anyone. Among other things, I felt like a commodity and billing number, not a patient. For starters, the doctor would not return my phone calls when I was very scared and concerned over something (his staff said he "wouldn't get paid for that by insurance"), and they told me I could not discuss more than 3 things with him in my 15 minutes allotted because he "could not submit more than 3 billing codes for one appointment to insurance" (my insurance company old me they have no such policy). Because this was a first appointment, I had wanted to go over my medical history and to make sure he had a good overall picture of my health since I was new to area and needed referrals to other specialists, etc. When I explained to the doctor that I was sure I could cover all my issues in my 15 minutes and that I did not have the money to do several appointments just to go over these (since I have a high insurance deductible), he turned his back on me and walked out of the room and came back with a refund receipt for that day's co-pay (essentially throwing me out). I burst into tears in the parking lot as I had waited weeks to see him and was very worried over a few things. His office then wanted to charge me something like $25 or $50 to get a copy of my very small file so I could have it to give to a new doctor.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Poor service and never seen a doc  |  show details
by AZ2009ANP on Sep 4th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I have been going to this practice for two years, it's convenient cause it's close to my home. I have YET to see the doctor, I am always scheduled with a nurse practitioner. Today was my limit, I called & the staff was rude and so unhelpful. Whatever happeded to customer service. I'm switching.

|  Avoid Future Problems  |  show details
by Jeanne Colburn on Aug 12th, 2009

Dr. Holland has moved to 2nd floor offices that are not easy to find. Office staff are very professional and care about patients. Dr. Holland does not explain your illness or prescriptions.When a clarification is needed he shows his lack of patience. When I returned for blood work everyone in the office could hear him have a total meltdown. He is pushing too hard to handle all of his patients. Dr. Holland needs to stop taking new patients and needs a P.A. to help with current patients. This fall and winter his office will be out of control unless the Doctor takes steps to avoid a breakdown. I was a paient of Dr. Hollands for two years. Thank you!

|  Old Fashioned Care  |  show details
by bugbear on Aug 16th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Great family doctor. Caring staff. Highly recommend. I started seeing him and now my entire family uses him as their family doctor.