Gil U Kim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 3 reviews

November 2nd, 2011
Don't use this doc
I am new to VA and need a new doc. I went into Dr Gils office for a physical. Everyone in the office was very nice. The only complaint I had about the Dr was he stared at my breast a little to long. All they did was take my blood and I left. 2 weeks later I call for the test results. They could not find them. The Dr was going to call me back when he was able to locate them. I never heard anything. I did get a bill in the mail for all the blood work. This should have been covered by my insurance as a routine physical but bec the office submitted it as diagnostics, Ins will not pay. I called the office to correct the mistake and they informed me that it is not policy to do a physical on the first visit and the bill was not going to be resubmitted. Also, if I wanted the test results I had to come in for a physical. I asked what a physical would consist of and I was told it would include a EKG(ins will not cover) and the same blood work. I am 33 low blood pressure and low cholesterol. I have no problems that I know of. I do not need an EKG. This doc is interested in taking as much of your money as possible by running unneeded test. I will not be going back.

September 9th, 2011
Has been my primary dr for over 20 years now. He has been great.

June 1st, 2009
Highly Profssional
My family has been in a growing Internal Medicine practice for several decades, and it got to a point where we were unable to see the same doctor, it became difficult to get through for doctor's hours or even appointments, and there was simply a complet breakdown of any semblance of a doctor-patient relatioship. Dr. Kim was recommended by a friend who has a serious and rare disorder requiring multiple physicians attention, and Dr. Kim has taken on the role of coordinator of care at the local level ---this friend is treated at a national center for the disease in Boston.If there is one way to describe Dr Kim it would 'professional.' While he is sufficiently friendly, more important he is methodical and thorough in his approach and willing to take the time to listen. I feel that he is generally well-informed on current medical thinking, and if I was to think of one potential negative it would be that he seems to be a bit too quick to go to a pharmeceutical solution for problems, although willing to learn from what later turns out to have been not a 100% correct recommendation on a drug.In any event, he practices medicine in a way that my family feels highly confident in using him as our first line of defense.