Internists
8316 Arlington Blvd
Ste 514
Fairfax, VA 22031
703-573-2525
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Don't use this doc  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

I am new to VA and need a new doc. I went into Dr Gils office for a physical. Everyone in the office was very nice. The only complaint I had about the Dr was he stared at my breast a little to long. All they did was take my blood and I left. 2 weeks later I call for the test results. They could not find them. The Dr was going to call me back when he was able to locate them. I never heard anything. I did get a bill in the mail for all the blood work. This should have been covered by my insurance as a routine physical but bec the office submitted it as diagnostics, Ins will not pay. I called the office to correct the mistake and they informed me that it is not policy to do a physical on the first visit and the bill was not going to be resubmitted. Also, if I wanted the test results I had to come in for a physical. I asked what a physical would consist of and I was told it would include a EKG(ins will not cover) and the same blood work. I am 33 low blood pressure and low cholesterol. I have no problems that I know of. I do not need an EKG. This doc is interested in taking as much of your money as possible by running unneeded test. I will not be going back.

|  show details
Sep 9th, 2011

Has been my primary dr for over 20 years now. He has been great.

|  Dr Kim stopped caring  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2009

Dr Kim did harm.I was his patient for over 5 years, and he refused to see me (or even talk to me) when I was in medical need (my prescriptions needed refilling and I was feeling poorly). My wife called to make an appointment for me, which she usually does. Dr Kim told her I needed to call to make the appointment myself, and he claimed that I had missed appointments she had made on my behalf in the past (my own perception is that I missed few appointments, and Dr Kim never complained or put me on notice while I was his patient). My wife got angry and they had a contentious exchange (I didnt know the full extent of it until I called the office myself and tried to schedule an appointment). I dont think my wife should have lost her calm, but she also wants her husband to be alive for their 2 children, our girl age 10 and son age 3.When I called Dr Kims office he only relayed messages to me through the receptionist. I stated that I was a long time patient of Dr Kim, and that I wanted to clear the air. I also said that my wifes outburst shouldnt be sufficient to sever a long time relationship with my physician, who knows best my medical history. But all to no avail. I was told that if my condition worsened I should go to the emergency room, but that I need to find a new doctor. The 4th of July weekend, and no meds.I saw a change in Dr. Kim throughout the years. At first he cared, he listened. Now the patient gets a 10-15 minute slot, Dr Kim measures some vitals and prescribes meds. The doctor is trigger happy with the notepad, he treats the symptoms. A small improvement in numbers and he gets paid. I hope for Dr Kim that he can rekindle the idealism that took him into Internal Medicine (I know its thankless in many ways due to systemic problems) and that he become a good doctor again.

|  Highly Profssional  |  show details
by jim on Jun 1st, 2009

My family has been in a growing Internal Medicine practice for several decades, and it got to a point where we were unable to see the same doctor, it became difficult to get through for doctor's hours or even appointments, and there was simply a complet breakdown of any semblance of a doctor-patient relatioship. Dr. Kim was recommended by a friend who has a serious and rare disorder requiring multiple physicians attention, and Dr. Kim has taken on the role of coordinator of care at the local level ---this friend is treated at a national center for the disease in Boston.If there is one way to describe Dr Kim it would 'professional.' While he is sufficiently friendly, more important he is methodical and thorough in his approach and willing to take the time to listen. I feel that he is generally well-informed on current medical thinking, and if I was to think of one potential negative it would be that he seems to be a bit too quick to go to a pharmeceutical solution for problems, although willing to learn from what later turns out to have been not a 100% correct recommendation on a drug.In any event, he practices medicine in a way that my family feels highly confident in using him as our first line of defense.