A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gilbert Brovar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gilbert Brovar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gilbert Brovar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lipid Disorders
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Brovar graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Brovar has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- South Shore Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Brovar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 20 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gilbert T. Brovar practice?
Dr. Gilbert Brovar practices Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Taunton, MA.
See Bronx Internists and Bronx Endocrinologists.