A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gilbert Wilcox:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gilbert Wilcox is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wilcox
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Wilcox Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gilbert Wilcox, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Wilcox graduated from Tufts University, Boston.
Dr. Wilcox has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Maine Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gilbert M Wilcox MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Gilbert M. Wilcox practice?
- Dr. Gilbert Wilcox has 1 office location.
Dr. Gilbert Wilcox practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Portland, ME.
See Portland Internists and Portland Gastroenterologists.