A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gilberto Aguirre, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Aguirre graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Aguirre has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Sw Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Northwest
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Aguirre accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 4 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Gilberto Aguirre:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile