A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Giles Whalen is Excellent. Dr. Whalen has been reviewed by 4 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Giles Whalen, MD is board certified in Surgery.
He has special expertise in 10 Areas, including Cancer, Endocrine Gland Cancer, and Gastrointestinal Cancer.7 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Whalen graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Whalen has 12 hospital affiliations:
- UMASS Memorial Medical Center-Memorial Campus
- Marlborough Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Whalen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Health New England - 6 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Giles Whalen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile