A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Giles Whalen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Giles Whalen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Giles Whalen, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endocrine Gland Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Skin Cancer (Experimental Melanoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Whalen graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Whalen has 13 hospital affiliations:
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
- Clinton Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Whalen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Health New England - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Giles F. Whalen practice?
Dr. Giles Whalen practices Surgery near Worcester, MA.
See Worcester Surgeons.