Dr. Gin-Ming Hsu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 44 reviews

January 3rd, 2017
Epidural injections
Hello my name is Justin and I have been a patient of Dr. Hsu for around 5 months now. I came to Dr. Hsu about 2 months after having a three level fusion from L4 to S1 as a result of a fractured L5 vertebrae. Needless to say I went into the surgery pretty much blind and ignorant, believing everything the spine surgeon was telling me. As far as being out of pain around 4 to 6 weeks after and being able to return to work around 8 to 10 weeks after. But that was not the reality of my situation. I ended up with a lot more pain than before that was now traveling down my left leg. I had my consultation with Dr. Hsu where he recommended an epidural injection. I was very skeptical and told him that I would have to do some research and get back to him. I did a lot of research and kept coming across all of the negative reports and reviews about them, and did some further research and concluded that the people that were having these problems and negative affects had this procedure done by unqualified doctors. So I started to research Dr. Hsu and seen all of his credentials. At my next appointment I talked with him about everything I found and he understood my concerns and answered all of my questions. I agreed to have the procedure done. The first time I walked into his office I could barely walk and after having three of these done I am back to work. I am still having pain but it is definitely getting better and I am thankful to Dr. Hsu for all of his help! I would still be limping around if it were not for him! My advice would be if anyone is considering getting this procedure done go to Dr. Hsu. Do the research yourself and you will find that he is the best at what he does and he actually cares about you as an individual. Thank you!

November 7th, 2016
Dr. Hsu was a well-seasoned expert in the field of pain issues and their treatment. A most comfortable experience each time relative to doctor-patient interchanges.

October 16th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Hsu always takes the time to talk with me and really listens to what I say. He is never rushed and takes whatever time he needs with me. Dr. Hsu explained my MRI and what it showed, and what treatment he recommended. He explained the TFE in detail and responded to any questions I have. His staff treated me in the same way...with kindness and professionalism. I am so glad I found Dr. Hsu and recommend him highly.

October 6th, 2016
Cares about your condition; more than most docs I've seen. He called after our first visit, and after his normal hours, to offer some ideas on how to treat my cervical pain...and it worked!

September 21st, 2016
Very happy with the results.
After receiving temporary fixes, at best, from another doctor, I choose to find a better solution. Dr. Hsu not only listened, he understood my pain level and came up with a plan of attack. He did Radiofrequency Neurotomy at six different sites after which I felt better than I had in years. I'm so glad I walked away from the previous doctor.

August 23rd, 2016
Daughter of 94 year old patient
Dr. Hsu is both Highly skilled and incredibly personable. My mother had never had back problems until recently. Then she started having serious pain and all her activities were halted. Dr. Hsu listened, asked questions and took great care in diagnosing the problems. We'd been elsewhere but the problems didn't get resolved. After working with Dr. Hsu, she is well on her way to being pain free and getting back to her active lifestyle. She's a go-getter at age 94 and he has been committed to getting her back to her active life.. It's clear he has high standards for himself and for his staff. Everyone we've come in contact with including his front office staff and his medical assistants are first rate professionals focused on patient service and care.

August 11th, 2016
Great Staff and really made my mom feel better after the first visit! Great dr and total worth the little bit of wait sometimes.

August 6th, 2016
Dr Hsu did a series of injections for my back pain. He was excellent in his explanation of my problem and in hearing my needs. He spent a lot of time trying to get to the bottom of my problems. He is an excellent listener and worked with me to ease my pain.

July 15th, 2016
So glad I found Dr. Hsu!!
After several other doctors (including a physical therapist that gave up on me) had told me I'd just have to live with the neck pain from my car accident, my doctor referred me to Dr. Hsu thinking he might help me manage my pain. 1.5 years out from my accident Dr. Hsu said there are a lot more things we can try. He clearly explained the procedures so I felt comfortable with them and then did the procedures in a skilled manner. I had a 90% reduction in pain and I'm still improving. His staff are kind and so helpful. Do yourself a favor & go see him. Don't just resign yourself to the pain. He can likely help!

April 11th, 2016
At first, I did not want to see another pain management doctor. My spinal surgeon recommended Dr. Gin-Ming Hsu and felt he could help and offer care and another perspective on my pain and condition. I have had two surgeries and pain from a spinal injury at my neck since the mid 1980’s. The staff at Dr. Gin-Ming Hsu’s, Spine, Pain & Rehabilitation Center is welcoming and friendly. I felt like Dr. Hsu listened carefully to me and was very knowledgeable of my condition even though he had never seen me before. He clearly had done some homework by reviewing my records, x-rays and mri’s that had been forwarded to him by my spinal surgeon. He didn’t belittle me, but respected my knowledge and insight on my condition. I didn’t think that there was anything to help with my pain, but Dr. Hsu recommended I have a Radio Frequency Oblation at the area causing the most discomfort. I had the procedure and after about one month of a calming down period, I was experiencing 75% to 85% less pain. I have cut my pain medication in half and my quality of life is much better. I couldn’t be happier with the results. The procedure itself is uncomfortable and somewhat painful, but it was well worth the results for me.

April 8th, 2016
Gets relief.
I was having a great deal of neck pain, and was unable to sleep at night. I met with Dr. Gin-Ming Hsu and he was very precise about finding out what w ...

February 25th, 2016
Radio Frequency Procedure
After several years of lower back pain the RF procedure administere by Dr Hsu aliviated my pain and enabled me to perform normal life activities again.