Physiatrist

Cervical Pain Relief show details Cervical Pain Relief
by Don J. on May 20th, 2015

To make a long story short, I had cervical radio frequency ablation by Dr. Hsu in early 2014. My neck pain was reduced to a tolerable level - where I could sleep and still perform my daily routines, including exercise. In October of 2014 we planned an international trip and I was reluctant to go because of a possible pain flair up which would ruin the trip. I consulted Dr. Hsu for a possible additional Ablation , but he discouraged the idea telling me that the pain could still improve even after 9 months. The trip went fine , and to my surprise in Jan. of 2015 my pain was essentially gone. I'm writing this to encourage any reluctant pain sufferers to at least take advantage of Dr. Hsu's skills. My pain could well return - but I'm enjoying this period of pain relief and if it flairs up again we will give it another go. Thank you Dr. Hsu!

Amazing results show details Amazing results
by S. Creen on Apr 16th, 2015

I was involved in an automobile accident in January of 2012 and have experienced tremendous back pain in my lower back since. Throughout the years, I had seen chiropractors, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, massage therapists, and physical therapists, but the pain never dissipated. I had learned to “live” with the pain, which limited my quality of life, especially with two small children. After getting the results back from an MRI, my neurosurgeon told me that I was not a candidate for surgery and to meet with Dr. Hsu, who would fix me. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after meeting with Dr. Hsu and learning about the Radiofrequency Ablation procedure, I was excited to finally feel some relief. It has now been a month since the procedure and I have 90-95% pain relief; better than I could have ever imagined! Dr. Hsu took the time to understand where my pain was, how it was caused, and determined the right course of treatment. I would highly recommend him.

Great Results! show details Great Results!
by chris on Mar 25th, 2015

Dr. Hsu came highly recommended by my back doctor; I have been very pleased with his treatments and my progress. I highly recommend him.

Highly recommend this physician! show details Highly recommend this physician!
by S. Danis on Mar 7th, 2015

Takes time to explain what the problem is in language the patient can understand, recommendations and evaluates the effectiveness of the procedure (cervical RFA).

by Darrell Herk on Feb 18th, 2015

Professional, concerned, listens to his patients.

retired show details retired
by Wayne Rogers on Feb 2nd, 2015

I have seen other doctors concerning my condition (constant lower back pain) and they have made no progress in treating me. Dr. Hsu has spent time with me, studied my file ( past unsuccessful proceedures, MRIs, X-rays). His diagnosis was spot-on and his treatment has shown very good results. The S.I. joint right side seems to be the source of my pain, and the injections, by Dr. Hsu, into the joint has been a true blessing as pain has been reduced to a very tolerable level. Dr. Hsu is a very caring person. I highly recommend him for treatment to anyone in constant pain. His nursing asst. and office staff are friendly and helpful.

saved the best for last show details saved the best for last
Jan 29th, 2015

Excellent results- best of my experience. Much better than previous doctors for same problems

by Mark McCallister - Patient on Jan 22nd, 2015

Dr. Hsu is an excellent Doctor who has extensive practice experience and knowledge in dealing with both my back pain and also my knee pain. He listens to the patient and is very thorough in evaluating my special physical case and never just makes any assumptions within his treatment protocol. I always feel very comfortable with his recommendations & regimen plan.

awesome doctor show details awesome doctor
Jan 21st, 2015

I highly recommend this doctor to everyone who has back pain!

Jan 15th, 2015

Dr. Hsu and his staff are wonderful and understand that when a patient has chronic pain they need more than just pain medications. I had radio-frequency ablation therapy for severe pain following multi-level neck surgery. The procedure was great -- it hasn't totally relieved all of my symptoms -- but I am finally in a position to work with physical therapy and get my mobility back.

by Jim on Dec 22nd, 2014

I have been a long term patient of Dr Hsu's otherwise I would have changed doctors long ago. His medical assistant Kelsea is nothing but rude, doesn't return phone calls and if I want to get anything done I have to call and speak directly to Brandi.

Great care, great results show details Great care, great results
by Chris D. on Dec 12th, 2014

Dr. Hsu took great care to explain the cause of my pain and the steps he would take to relieve me of the pain. On the day of my procedure, he took great care to explain the process and ensure I understood what to expect every step of the way. Pain gone!

Husband's Ongoing Care show details Husband's Ongoing Care
by Stephanie Mize on Nov 28th, 2014

I like that he comes in and explains procedures and care in terms that non-clinical patients can understand. I would recommend him to family and friends & I have.

Back Pain Eased show details Back Pain Eased
by Beverly A. Valvoda on Nov 20th, 2014

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Hsu and his staff. All procedures were clearly explained and diagnosis was explained at a level that I could understand.

by Anna Schroer on Nov 14th, 2014

The office staff is always professional and efficient. Dr. Hsu has great patient care and has done amazing with getting my pain levels down. Dr. Hsu really cares about all of his patients and is very professional when it comes to his care. One of my favorite Doctors I have ever had.

Highly recommended Pain Specialist!! show details Highly recommended Pain Specialist!!
by Ryan E. on Sep 23rd, 2014

I have nothing but the highest recommendation for Dr. Hsu and his staff. I have been a patient and attending monthly appointments with Dr. Hsu for over 2 years. I can tell you without reservation that Dr. Hsu has treated my multiple lumbar spinal conditions and myself as a person with nothing but the highest levels of caring and professionalism. He has worked tirelessly to come up with solutions to help remedy my constant and chronic pain symptoms due to my spinal conditions. He truly is a caring man that is dedicated and committed to advancing his profession and helping people, who each have their unique and sometimes debilitating conditions. The Radio Frequency procedures performed on me by Dr. Hsu have been a relief for both myself and my family. Highly recommended, 5 stars, and nothing but gratitude from this patient!!

Excellent level of care and results show details Excellent level of care and results
by Ann Horst on Aug 25th, 2014

Finally, after 20 years of chronic pain from an MVA, I found a Doctor who was willing to take the time to review options that had not already been explored. He suggested radiofrequency therapy and performed the procedures himself. It took a while for the nerves to die off, but it has helped the pain significantly. Dr. Shu also referred me to PT to strengthen my muscles, and he injected my muscles to help with the remaining muscle knots. Thankfully, now I don't have to go in to get the shots as often. I thank Dr. Shu from the bottom of my heart for all his help. While I am not 100% cured, I know that I would be in a lot more pain had it not been for his assistance and treatment plan. I highly recommend Dr. Hsu.

Retired show details Retired
by Mary M. on Aug 6th, 2014

I lived with back pain for the last 4 years. This pain radiated down the back of both my legs. Dr. Hsu has made me 100% pain free. I highly recommend him.

by Gail H on Jul 2nd, 2014

I am very impressed with Dr Hsu. Sometimes you have to wait past your appointment time, but this is because he spends all the time you need and makes sure you get all your questions answered. I am pleased with all the procedures he has done on me. I would recomend him to anyone in need of his expertice

May 20th, 2014

The office staff is AWFUL. It took two months to get an appointment and then they mis-scheduled and didn't bother to call or leave a message. Had to reschedule the appointment which was another two weeks out. The "office manager" was extremely rude and was anything but a manager.

Very good results from Dr. Hsu show details Very good results from Dr. Hsu
by Donald J., on Mar 19th, 2014

Dr. Hsu was very thorough in his analysis of my neck condition. He was candid with me and suggested a procedure that he thought would have a good chance of lowering my pain level. All said and done, he performed a radio frequency oblation and two months later, my pain level is now minor and is no big distraction in my life. I should add that the mobility in my neck is very much improved. He is following up on my progress since the procedure and is very attentive to my rehabilitation. Very satisfied.

Retired show details Retired
by Frank Alonzi on Mar 11th, 2014

Lots of pain for a long time.Dr Hsu new what to do in my situation with my neck and lower back.

Jan 21st, 2014

I was in a very serious accident when I was younger and after many years the injuries began to take a toll on my body. The result is that I have had multiple surgeries to correct the problems.Dr. Hsu was highly recommended to me by my surgeon and over the course of several months my pain is either non-existent or minor.I am grateful that he looks at the whole person and partners with another healthy way to get the proper result. His goal is that I be pain free and that we reach that goal steadily and safely. I value him as a caring and gentle caregiver who believes it is important to know his patients by name. I know when I visit him I am not repeating history, he knows me and we move forward. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of help for pain issues - and I have. He is the best in this specialty field of pain management and I am a grateful patient.

Overall good experience show details Overall good experience
Sep 21st, 2013

Dr. Hsu is attentive and very knowledgeable. My first appointment he spent nearly an hour with me, letting me explain my pain in great detail. He truly wants to help people relieve their pain and works hard to find an accurate diagnosis. The staff is always friendly and pleasant.

Patient show details Patient
by Gail on Jul 2nd, 2013

Very happy with the results of the procedure that Dr Hsu preformed. Felt very good after about a couple of weeks compared to my other pain doctor that I was seeing previously. Just mainly soreness at the injection site. I would recommend Dr Hsu to anyone needing his kind of expertise. Very professional and spends time with you to make sure he does all he can for you. I know Dr Hsu is busy seeing many patients (his office is always busy) and know his lack in promptness is because he does very well with taking care of his patients and spends all the time needed to address their issues. That is why I never complain of having to wait. Dr Hsu always spends more then my 30 minute appointment with me.

didn't help show details didn't help
Jun 13th, 2013

I saw Dr. Hsu for constant pain that I've had for nearly a decade now. I had been seeing another pain specialist but we didn't know what was causing my pain so I hoped that Dr. Hsu could figure it out. He performed some tests and determined that he didn't know what was causing my pain and he said that he couldn't help me and wouldn't do anything for me. He took a lot of time to describe his results and what things he had eliminated. On the other hand, I didn't feel that he had a very good bedside manner. He wasn't sympathetic and didn't give me any other suggestions or things to try other than to just live with the pain.

Nov 28th, 2012

I'M a Fifty yr old male and I've had chronic neck pain for over 20 yrs.the last five years the head and neck pain had been so bad i was bedridden over 95% of the time.

Jul 30th, 2012

Hi Stranger, I was nearly devastated when I heard you moved to Colorado. I think I'm doing fine, but found out last September I have a brain tumor. {Probably from too much Botox}; just kidding.Girlfriend? Married?Give me some good news.Your Friend,Pam DeMine

Jan 3rd, 2012

I had a great overall experience and would highly recommend Dr. Hsu to others. After visitng several previous doctors without success, a friend recommended Dr. Hsu. He was very knowledgeable and I experienced immediate relief from his treatment.