Dr. Gina Northington MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 5th, 2016
Problems after surgery
I saw Dr Northington at Emory because I thought I would be in the best hands. When it came time for my surgery, I was in surgery for the entire day and Dr Northington had to call in other surgeons to help her repair damage to my intestines. I am still having some of the same problems as before surgery.

October 15th, 2015
Terrible Doctor
In the Fall of 2007, I saw Dr. Northington after several weeks of unexplained, burning vaginal pain. She was probably the 7th or 8th doctor I had seen, with no relief for my pain. I had been placed on antifungals, antibiotics, and a host of other medications that probably made the pain worse and masked the core reason for the pain. At my first visit, Dr. Northington was pleasant, spent a great deal of time with me and seemed to truly understand. She prescribed another antibiotic for what was presumed to be an infection, but 2 days later after taking the drugs, than pain had become excrutiating. I called her office nearly in tears and got nothing but unpleasant staff offering no real advice. I begged to see the doctor again, and finally they said they could squeeze me in. I came the next day and sat in the waiting room for 2 hours, unable to control my tears. I was just in so much pain and so frustrated that every time I went to yet another doctor, the pain didn't get better, it got worse. I learned the hard way that day that if you cry....if you dare shed a tear....you are labeled by the doctor and her staff as a cry baby and you are no longer taken seriously. When I finally got to see Dr. Northington, she told me that she was dismissing me as a patient and that she had to focus her energies on people who had real problems. She gave me 3 prescriptions: 1 for a yeast infection, 1 for a bacterial infection, and estrogen to treat pre-menopausal symptoms. She basically told me to diagnose myself, that it was my choice which prescription to take. I told her that I was experiencing constipation. Again, not taking me seriously, she told me to get an over-the-counter laxitive. Had she probed a bit more and asked me more questions about my symptoms, she would have learned that the constipation I felt was so unusual and it felt like there was a tumor inside my rectum. If she didn't dismiss me as a crybaby not worthy of her attention, she would have discovered that I had a rectocele, rectal prolape, uterine prolapse, and bladder prolapse. I was also later diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. Since then I have had a partial hysterectomy, and surgical repair of my bladder and rectum. I rarely have pain anymore, but problems persist and probably will for my lifetime. Dr. Northington is cold and uncaring. I would never recommend her to anyone.

January 20th, 2015
Wonderful Dr
I have been thoroughly impressed by Dr. Northington and the whole staff at Emory. She is very knowledgeable and personable. I feel that when my surgery time comes I am in the very best hands. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing a Dr. with her specialty!

January 13th, 2015
Review of Dr Northington
I Have been a patient of Dr Northington for over a year now and I wanted to say she has been the most thorough and professional Dr that I have visited. I have been to several urologists , and by far she is the most professional. She provides me with a written copy of the entire visit and explains everything to my understanding. I travel quite a distance to see her and the trip is worth it!

January 10th, 2015
Patient
Dr. Northington was wonderful. She and her staff were very professional in answering all my questions. I knew exactly what to expect from the surgery. She was personable and had a wonderful bedside manner. I have recommended her to several people.

December 17th, 2014
Rudest, Nastiest, and Most Uncaring Doctor I've ever seen in my 50+ years
Beware of this witch. She does not care about the patient. One can only imagine why she is practicing medicine; it is not due to her love for others. She appears to be heartless. Her bedside manners are horrendous! Stay far away!

February 21st, 2017