Surgical Specialist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  It worked like a miracle!  |  show details
by Angela C. on Jul 24th, 2013

Dr. Ciuffo used scarless minimally invasive approach and removed a left atrial myxoma for me on July 16, 2013. I was able to walk from cardiovascular surgery ICU to my patient room the next afternoon and I was discharged from hospital on July 18th. Had I stayed in my home state and got a mini-sternotomy, I would have stayed in hospital longer and suffered more pains during recovery. In addition to his medical expertise, he spent dedicated time with my family answering our questions before and after the surgery. His staff is the best medical staff I have ever worked with - they are polite, caring, and efficient. They answer phone calls and respond to emails very quickly.

|  He is a LIFESAVER!!!  |  show details
by Jeff and Rita Eagle on Mar 12th, 2013

Dr. Ciuffo is amazing! He is not only an amazing surgeon but he goes above and beyond what other Doctor's do nowadays!!! He talks to you like he had known you forever. He listens to what you have to say as a spouse and patient. We did not request Dr. Ciuffo, he was given to us because my husband was in critical condition and needed emergency heart surgery! Well let me tell you... God gave us a gift! We are from the Cleveland area and of course we are all about the Cleveland Clinic but after being at Aultman Hospital and being with Dr. Ciuffo and his staff I would recommend him again and again. There are not enough STARS or KUDOS to give Dr. Ciuffo!!!!

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

Dr. Ciuffo did a double bypass on my husband at Aultman Hospital in Canton, Ohio using the keyhole technique. His recovery was swift and complete and he was back to his normal routine within 3 1/2 weeks. My husband couldn't say enough good things about Dr. Ciuffo's skill, encouragement, kindness and optomistic attitude during his hospitalization. The entire staff was exceptional.

|  Double Bypass  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

Dr. Ciuffo before my surgery of a double bypass visited with our son and my wife for over an hour explaining in detail my surgery. He also talked about his move from New York to Ohio and during the conversation we became so confident with his past. Dr. Novoa who has previously performed my surgery highly recommended Dr. Ciuffo.My experience with Dr. Ciuffo my surgery and my recovery has been unbeleaveable.

|  PHONE CALL  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2011

HAVE NEVER MET DR. CIUFFO IN PERSON AS YET. BUT, WAS SO IMPRESSED HOW FAST THAT HE RETURNED MY PHONE CALL ABOUT MY AORTA STENOSIS, I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW CALM HE HAD MADE ME FEEL. THANK YOU AGAIN DR. CIUFFO, PAULA BUKATA CHATTANOOGA, TENN.

|  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

I have worked in hospitals that specialize in oncology and have been exposed to many different types of Dr.'s but Dr. Ciuffo is the best!! He literally saved my moms life not only through heart surgeries but spiritually. He also schooled me on how to cope with my mom's depression and behavior. He is one in a million!! Thank you Dr. Ciuoff from the Latalladi family!!

|  show details
Mar 20th, 2011

I'm the wife of a patient of Dr. Cuiffo.My husband and I had wonderful experience in 2008. It was a very anxious time for me and my husband. To make a long story short, my husband, James had a triple by-pass in New Jersey. And 1 year later, 2 arteries were closed, and only 1 partially opened.From New Jersey, we were transported by ambulance to Lenox Hill hospital in New York. Not only did my husband need to have a repeat of this surgery, we wanted to have it done "without blood." The first time we meet Dr. Ciuffo, he was so polite and re-assuring. My husband needed that. As he was so confused. Even doubting if he would do another surgery! But, doctor reasured him and myself, after reviewing his medical records, he would do well after the surgery. (even without blood) Doctor has a wonderful personal bedside manner, not only to the patient, but also their family as well.And as doctor said, all did go well for my husband. Since April of 2008, He has done very well at home and work, going on 3 years now.Words will never express how greatful we are today for such a dedicated doctor like Dr. Cuiffo. Who cares about the whole patient, even his spirituality. May he continue his skills,I'm sure like ourselves,impact peoples lives in such a way that literally, they get a 2nd chance to enjoy life's day to day pleasures.Signed;A truly grateful and appreciative wife!Crystal Dolison