Dr. Giridhar Burra Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Giridhar Burra?

GREAT DOCTOR

Posted on October 25th, 2017

Thanks to Dr. Burra I have full use of my arm after a ruptured biceps tendon. The staff at Hinsdale is very professional, and Dr. Burra's P.A. Drew is exceptional. The information provided to me was apparent as to what I could expect after my surgery and the various stages of my recovery. Thank you for doing such a great job addressing my concerns and spending the time with me as if I was your only patient.

Great doctor!

Posted on May 25th, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr Burra. Great doctor - great staff. I would highly recommend him for rotator cuff surgery.

Wonderful surgeon

Posted on April 14th, 2017

Dr. Burra is prompt, and explains the issues so you understand what will happen, your recovery timeline and answers all questions with out rushing you . His team also works well with the Dr. and the patient .

Posted on July 13th, 2016

It was a while ago, so I don't remember things like wait time, but when Dr Burra is with you, his attention is on you! Only time he let someone interrupt an appointment was when a patient just out of surgery called with an emergency that the PA (who was also incredible) couldn't handle.

patient

Posted on February 10th, 2016

excellent specialist, did both of my shoulders, both of them work like new, staff in the Naperville office friendly, caring and knowlegeble,

Posted on August 5th, 2015

Scheduling is a nightmare and he runs behind. But, he spends lots of time and is completely thorough. Worth the hassl

HORRIBLE

Posted on October 4th, 2013

Good with the bad.

Posted on September 25th, 2013

Dr. Burra certainly is an accomplished surgeon, but I must say that I've been very disappointed with the fact that he hasn't been a part of either one of my follow up appointments post surgery, even though he was in the office at the time. This to me is a very telling statement that he isn't all that concerned with my recovery, especially since I've been having some issues and I had to request to see him during my appointment. He also became very defensive when I tried to get answers on where we go from here and seemed more concerned on trying to pass blame. At this point, I don't think I would reccomend him.

WIll Neve Go Back

Posted on December 1st, 2011

He is arrogant and isn't a very good surgeon. The nurses that I spoke to say that he is not confident in the operating room and takes too long to do surgeries.

Stay Away... They seem more worried about money than patients

Posted on September 3rd, 2011

His office staff lied about covered items and required me to pay fully upfront for items covered by insurance. I was told that a stint was not a coverable item under BCBS insurance. After paying for the item, I called BCBS and found that it indeed was a covered item. They refused to bill the insurance for the item and when I demanded to see Dr. Burra about this, he severed all relationships. Also, he allowed himself to be interrupted while I was in his office multiple times due to a contractor performing work at his home. My opinion is that he is very arrogant and lacks professionalism towards his patients. I would not recommend Dr. Burra or Hinsdale Orthopedic... Stay Away!

Posted on June 21st, 2011

He has an ego problem -- wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Recommended wrong procedure -- ended up having total shoulder replacement by second opinion doctor.

Posted on June 19th, 2011

Dr. Burra spends a lot of time on the physical exam. He really listens to your complaint and tries to understand how you are feeling and how it is affecting your life. I saw him as a second opinion and he was much more thorough than the first doctor. He works directly with the physical therapists in the same building so you know he understands your progress. The PT comes to your appointments with you and will discuss your treatment with Dr. Burra at other times as necessary. I think this relationship he has with the PT clinic greatly enhances his ability to treat his patients effectively.