Dr. Giridhar Burra MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 13th, 2016
It was a while ago, so I don't remember things like wait time, but when Dr Burra is with you, his attention is on you! Only time he let someone interrupt an appointment was when a patient just out of surgery called with an emergency that the PA (who was also incredible) couldn't handle.

February 10th, 2016
patient
excellent specialist, did both of my shoulders, both of them work like new, staff in the Naperville office friendly, caring and knowlegeble,

August 5th, 2015
Scheduling is a nightmare and he runs behind. But, he spends lots of time and is completely thorough. Worth the hassl

September 25th, 2013
Good with the bad.
Dr. Burra certainly is an accomplished surgeon, but I must say that I've been very disappointed with the fact that he hasn't been a part of either one of my follow up appointments post surgery, even though he was in the office at the time. This to me is a very telling statement that he isn't all that concerned with my recovery, especially since I've been having some issues and I had to request to see him during my appointment. He also became very defensive when I tried to get answers on where we go from here and seemed more concerned on trying to pass blame. At this point, I don't think I would reccomend him.

November 30th, 2011
WIll Neve Go Back
He is arrogant and isn't a very good surgeon. The nurses that I spoke to say that he is not confident in the operating room and takes too long to do surgeries.

September 3rd, 2011
Stay Away... They seem more worried about money than patients
His office staff lied about covered items and required me to pay fully upfront for items covered by insurance. I was told that a stint was not a coverable item under BCBS insurance. After paying for the item, I called BCBS and found that it indeed was a covered item. They refused to bill the insurance for the item and when I demanded to see Dr. Burra about this, he severed all relationships. Also, he allowed himself to be interrupted while I was in his office multiple times due to a contractor performing work at his home. My opinion is that he is very arrogant and lacks professionalism towards his patients. I would not recommend Dr. Burra or Hinsdale Orthopedic... Stay Away!

June 20th, 2011
He has an ego problem -- wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Recommended wrong procedure -- ended up having total shoulder replacement by second opinion doctor.

June 19th, 2011
Dr. Burra spends a lot of time on the physical exam. He really listens to your complaint and tries to understand how you are feeling and how it is affecting your life. I saw him as a second opinion and he was much more thorough than the first doctor. He works directly with the physical therapists in the same building so you know he understands your progress. The PT comes to your appointments with you and will discuss your treatment with Dr. Burra at other times as necessary. I think this relationship he has with the PT clinic greatly enhances his ability to treat his patients effectively.

October 15th, 2009
Would recommend to anyone.