Dr. Girish Patel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 28th, 2017
BEST DOCTOR
GREAT DOCTOR AND I TRUST HIM. WENT TO YALE UNIVERSITY WHICH THEY DIDN'T MENTION. GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR WHICH HELPS! BEEN GOING TO HIM FOR MANY YEARS

October 28th, 2016
One of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Once was too much. Gave one star as there was no option for Zero stars ... consider this a minus one star because there was absolutely nothing he did to earn even one star.

July 27th, 2016
wonderful Doctor

April 11th, 2016
What I love about Dr. Patel if he's not sure about a diagnosis he gets a second opinion

January 21st, 2016
HE SAVED MY HUSBAND'S LIFE. EARLY DETECTION OF COLON CANCER. LOVE HIM!

October 29th, 2015
The Best Dr in St Petersburg, Florida
This is the best Dr you will ever want he has saved my life an has taken the best care of me

October 2nd, 2015
My husband died needlessly at Kindred Hospital, because these doctors did not implant a defibrillator.

October 1st, 2015
Spent the entire visit typing on his laptop. Did not exam me; such as listen to bowel sounds etc. Makes little or no eye contact which leads me to question he really knows anything. I will never return to his office.

August 13th, 2015
I had an excellent review of the results of the colonoscopy he performed. His explanation was unrushed (contrary to other doctors I had a bad experience with and whose judgment was flawed in many ways) and I felt I had his full attention and his treatment plan was presented in a understandable manner. I am very impressed with him and will remain his patient. The entire office staff was excellent.

May 18th, 2015
I have been going to him since 1998 and he has been wonderful.

April 8th, 2015
I have had two colonoscopies with Dr Patel. He is competent, caring and very likable.

March 13th, 2015
he saved my life
I first saw Dr. Patel about 8 years ago. I am in my mid 80s now. 8 years ago I was noted to be with low blood count and saw a gastro Dr. A who performed a colon exam. I was told that my exam was difficult and he could not get around and he ordered a virtual colon exam that came out OK. A year later as I continued to loose blood my family physician Dr. M suggested I seek opinion from Dr. Patel as he himself and his family members see him as their gastro . Dr. A had also retired and moved on to practice at local VA hospital by the time. When I first met Dr. Patel he explained the curve nature of my bowels and suggested that he is willing to try repeat colon exam with no guarantees that he would be able to complete the exam as Dr. A was also a very experienced physician. Not only was he able to complete the exam but also found a tumor growing in the right side of my colon that was operated, returned as cancer, but no further treatment recommended by oncologist in view of my old age. I owe my life to this man. He is extremely polite with excellent bedside manners and good office staff. there is always some wait in the office but its worth it. I wish I could give him a 1000 stars !