Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

2191 9th Ave N
Ste 250
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713
727-321-9566
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  I'm an Astronaut, if he is a doctor  |  show details
by John Clair on Mar 28th, 2014

I'm always careful about selecting my doctors, but my wife booked an appointment with him for me without my knowledge, and I didn't have time to research his profile, otherwise I wouldn't make this mistake. I want to believe that he was out of office that that, his cousin was covering him and acting like a doctor. There is no other logical explanation to his practice. He spent less than 5 minutes with me. He doesn't even look at your face. Just writes stuff on a notepad (or drawing). After I tell him my complaints, all he said was "You just need to watch what you eat, there is nothing to do". Really??? He wanted to schedule endoscopy. After his "diagnosis", I cancelled it and went to see a REAL doctor, where I had my endoscopy, he explained me everything, we even watched my endoscopy video together, I'm on medication now and no complaints. He had another surprise for me. I received a bill asking for $162.00! This ripoff wants $162 for sitting 5 minutes with me, to tell there was nothing to do. I'm filing complaint with all authorities for his practices. This is fraud. Just stay away and let all your family & friends know.

|  Worst doctor ever!  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2013

I have been going to him for 2 years now. Did the colonoscopy and endoscopy with a provider he did not tell me was out of network, so I paid through the nose. He told me that the pain I suffer is fine, and I just have to live with it, that there is nothing wrong with me...other than a tortuous colon. This past year I went to the ER where they found a tumor. He never looked at me, just read off his computer the diagnosis the ER doctor gave me, and there was no follow up. I may or may not have cancer, because he just doesn't have time for his patients, nor does he care. His bedside manner is horrible, and he has no clue how to accurately diagnose patients. He really was typing in my symptoms on the computer to come up with the right answer! Or guess, I should say. The staff is wonderful, they are really nice, but that doesn't help out when the doctor is rude and has no clue. I am searching for a real doctor now.

|  Never again!  |  show details
by Ray L on Jun 11th, 2013

I will never see this Dr. again nor would I refer him to family and friends. He spends the least amount of time with you as possible and does not seem to hear anything you tell him. After he did my colonoscopy and endoscopy he spoke briefly to me when I was still groggy and when I became more coherent and asked to speak to him again, I was told that he only speaks to you once and that is it!

|  run. don't walk. run!  |  show details
May 1st, 2013

This doctor thinks that the entire world has anxiety and any symptoms are just imagined. He is very rude and has never heard of bedside manner. He is the reason why a person would prefer to stay home and die rather than go to the doctors. If you get this doctor assigned to you, please right away request a new doctor before its to late. This doctor doesn't even deserve a star.

|  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

Dr. Patel was kind and caring. He spent time with me and answered my questions.

|  The Best  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

I have been a patient with Doctor Patel for over 18 Years. There is sometime a small wait but things happen. I was once hospitalized because of an emergency and I was closer to St. Petersburg General and I was admitted. Dr. Patel does not visit this Hospital but has a colleague that covers it for him, however there I am on Sunday in dire pain and who walks in DR. PATEL. You really dont understand the feeling you get when you see the guy that knows everything about and you and your case in FRONT of you on SUNDAY AFTERNOON when he does not do rounds in that Hospital. I think he is very knowledgably great bedside manners and goes out of his way to help his Patients. 5 STARS from me and I recommend him to everyone I know.

|  Dr. Patel  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

Very caring.

|  Unprofessional, discourteous, just two words I would use to describe Dr. Patel  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2011

Oncologist reffered me to Dr. Patel. Nearly an hour wait to see doctor on first visit. For a 10 minute appointment. While waiting he took a visit from a drug rep instead of taking care of appointments. Was informed by staff he was 15 minutes late starting work that morning. When I confronted Dr. Patel about how disrespectful such a wait is he suggested I find another doctor. Having had to wait nearly 2 months for this appointment, and the nature of the issue that brought me to him I chose to get stick with him, instead of waiting another 2 months for a Doctor.My second appointment was for a colonoscopy. I was told the Dr Patel would consult me after the procedure. This did not happen. Instead I was given a sheet with photo's and descriptions of things he had found. I was never consulted by Dr Patel, and was never given the chance to ask questions. My follow up appointment is more then a month away. I am extremely disappointed with his professionalism, and would recomend finding another doctor before dealing with this man.