A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Girish Purohit:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Girish Purohit is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Purohit
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Purohit Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Girish Purohit, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Purohit graduated from Makerere University, Kampala.
Dr. Purohit has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Southside Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Girish Purohit MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Girish Purohit practice?
- Dr. Girish Purohit has 7 office locations.
Dr. Girish Purohit practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Farmville, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Lynchburg, VA and Danville, VA.
See Farmville Internists and Farmville Cardiologists.